Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1527475 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12825 on: March 13, 2017, 02:38:04 pm »
Updating the TomTom, it goes so slow........

« Reply #12826 on: March 13, 2017, 03:51:29 pm »
OMG... HAHAHAHAHA

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/landing/Pro-Pass/?sf62066218=1&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-x602eyTbqkP3N5P9L8hmNA

Essentially $25 for $10 off 5 games for 4 months.

* You must be a pro member
* $10 gets you this "pass" which lasts from 3/12/17 to 7/6/17
* only works on select new standard edition $59.99 games within 30 days of release
* Gets you $10 off each select title
* Only valid once per title
* Only 5 titles announced eligible
* Does not retroactively apply to Nier Automata if you already bought it
* Eligible titles include: Nier: Automata, Mass Effect Andromeda, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Prey, and Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
* As always, Gamestop reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:54:52 pm by ignition365 »

kashell

« Reply #12827 on: March 13, 2017, 05:07:52 pm »
Well hot diggidy-damn! Sign me up!

desocietas

« Reply #12828 on: March 13, 2017, 05:39:00 pm »
Seems like a bizarre take on the BB GCU program, but I can see it as a marketing tactic to pull in more Pro Members. Like if you're buying Nier, and sign up to be a pro member, you'll get this added benefit of $10 off a future eligible title (the pass is essentially "free" at that point because the $10 that you would've saved is paying for the pass).

If you're already a pro member and are buying Nier, you get this "perk" of a free discount for future eligible games.

But yeah, sucks if you already got Nier on launch...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #12829 on: March 13, 2017, 06:43:52 pm »
Doesn't sound so bad to me. But I never buy on launch unless I think the print is gonna be small. If the pass was to save maybe $30 per new release, that would be worth it. Even at a much higher entry price. But, just $10 isn't going to entice me to buy more games at launch.

« Reply #12830 on: March 14, 2017, 08:23:21 am »
the pass is essentially "free" at that point because the $10 that you would've saved is paying for the pass.
This is true, but GCU and Prime saves you $12.

If you have Prime, it's not for the game discount, so pretty much free.  GCU isn't free, but it applies to all games all the time (except Black Friday apparently).

kashell

« Reply #12831 on: March 14, 2017, 10:31:19 am »
Happy Pi Day!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12832 on: March 14, 2017, 01:10:03 pm »
I spent over an hour in an endlessly looping battle with a boss on Final Fantasy IV.

I got to the water-elemental boss in Cecil's castle in Baron (that is disguised as the king). I'd whittle him down so far, and he'd go into a defensive mode, in a turtle shell where I'd do very little physical damage to him, and he'd heal himself while in that state.

Unfortunately, I already dumped all my magic into attacking him at this point, so all I could do was slowly whittle away his health and hope I got him before he healed again. And I was powerful enough that his 30-40 HP damage really wasn't affecting my characters much, so they weren't dying, either.

Didn't work, but I was so stubborn I kept at it for a damn hour.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:01:32 pm by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #12833 on: March 14, 2017, 04:11:01 pm »
If it's the whelk type thing, you hit it with electricity while he is in his shell.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:12:33 pm by soera »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12834 on: March 14, 2017, 04:38:00 pm »
^ Yeah, I went back and beat it in a 2nd try in like 5 minutes or under.

The first time, I dumped all my magic into him before he got to the defensive mode. So I had none left to throw Thunder at him.

rayne315

« Reply #12835 on: March 14, 2017, 05:52:26 pm »
^ Yeah, I went back and beat it in a 2nd try in like 5 minutes or under.

The first time, I dumped all my magic into him before he got to the defensive mode. So I had none left to throw Thunder at him.

lol I have never ran into that issue before. as a kid I always attacked him while he was in his shell and got destroyed by his lightning attack because of it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #12836 on: March 15, 2017, 11:17:12 am »
Ok, now I'm a seller on eBay receiving best offers while nothing I have listed allows for a best offer. Why?? I'm not haggling at $7. I need to ship the item too, and if I can't make at least $5 then no sale!

« Reply #12837 on: March 15, 2017, 11:19:00 am »
Ok, now I'm a seller on eBay receiving best offers while nothing I have listed allows for a best offer. Why?? I'm not haggling at $7. I need to ship the item too, and if I can't make at least $5 then no sale!
As in, official eBay best offer stuff even though it's not enabled?  Or you have users messaging you offering you less money even though you don't have the option enabled?

Warmsignal

« Reply #12838 on: March 15, 2017, 11:20:49 am »
As in, official eBay best offer stuff even though it's not enabled?  Or you have users messaging you offering you less money even though you don't have the option enabled?

I went through and turned them off. Then in the middle of the night I get a cash register sound like I sold something and it was actually a best offer.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12839 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:05 pm »

Evidently they are paying that much, or staging sales for that much.

If you see one that has the original case and stuff with it, please do. I think it's about $30 at GS. I'm pretty much just waiting for one to get traded in at my GS.

I've checked every Wal-Mart in the area looking for that Mario/Sonic 2016 Rio Olympics and thus far have not spied a single copy. The flippers/scalpers in this area must be very in-tune with what's going on on the interwebs in terms of "scarcity" chatter. It was the same way in regards to amiibos and a few other titles.

I have noticed more GameStops show having Cave Story in stock but the few I've checked all have generic cases for them.

Actually, just yesterday one of my local GS stores had this, full $60 pre-owned. I just checked online and it's saying none near me. Funny thing that happened while I was in there - these two guys come in while I was browsing and they were acting kind of strange towards the store associate. He tried to ask them multiple times if he could help them find anything. They kept mention they were looking for a specific "Wii game", and the associate even asked him several times "what is the game called?" and it was almost like the guy refused to tell him and kept saying "we'll just look and see if we spot it". It was really awkward. They went and looked through the regular Wii stuff while I was looking through the Wii U, then walked away saying they couldn't find it.

So now I do this search and the Mario & Sonic game isn't showing in the system, one day later... hmm. I wonder if that was the game they were looking for? If so, why did they not want to tell the store associate the name of it? Hate to say but, smells like a scalper situation.