Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672474 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13050 on: April 28, 2017, 11:10:44 am »
Okay, this is flipping awesome.  I always have the problem with the carts popping out while the system is in my pocket, so this is a welcomed change.

desocietas

« Reply #13051 on: April 28, 2017, 11:13:44 am »
lol did you guys see nintendo announced the 2DS XL. lol i think it's just hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxNHhgMuTg

..... what is the purpose of this?
I dunno to release this?
https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/04/28/dragon-quest-themed-new-2ds-xl-announced-japan/

Touche

Dude...between this and that PS4 system, I feel so sorry for your wallet.  :o

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the metal slime 2DS last night  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13052 on: April 28, 2017, 12:01:12 pm »
If any other folks are using the VGPC collection tracker and finding the conversion from loose to complete painful, I've submitted a feature request for quick edits.

https://pricecharting.userecho.com/topics/168-button-to-change-collection-item-from-game-only-to-cib/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13053 on: April 28, 2017, 12:43:41 pm »
It seems like an odd choice for Nintendo to release another edition of the 3DS when they've moved the mobile gaming focus to The Switch and smart phones even. It seems like Nintendo might be spreading themselves a little thin.

Though, I'm not complaining being a 3DS owner. I hope they do keep doing releases on it for a while.

« Reply #13054 on: April 28, 2017, 12:46:41 pm »
It seems like an odd choice for Nintendo to release another edition of the 3DS when they've moved the mobile gaming focus to The Switch and smart phones even. It seems like Nintendo might be spreading themselves a little thin.

Though, I'm not complaining being a 3DS owner. I hope they do keep doing releases on it for a while.
3DS still serves a functional purpose over the Switch.  3DS and Wii U were functionally similar where you had 2 screens at any given moment, one touch, one not.  Switch gives you 1 screen.  Usually not touch.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw certain Wii U games down ported to 3DS.

But I hear you, they are VERY similar in functionality and purpose.

desocietas

« Reply #13055 on: April 28, 2017, 12:56:55 pm »
If anything, I figure they're just trying to cover the younger demographic. The Switch is a pretty expensive system to buy into if you have a young child who might not understand docks and attaching/removing joy-cons and such, and the system seems pretty targeted at an older generation.

If anything, the release of the N2DSLL hopefully means that there will still be a lot of 3DS titles to come.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13056 on: April 28, 2017, 04:02:06 pm »
If anything, I figure they're just trying to cover the younger demographic. The Switch is a pretty expensive system to buy into if you have a young child who might not understand docks and attaching/removing joy-cons and such, and the system seems pretty targeted at an older generation.

If anything, the release of the N2DSLL hopefully means that there will still be a lot of 3DS titles to come.

Y'all remember the NES-101, SNS-101, and Wii mini?  This is that for the 3DS.  Take out the 3D.  Make it cheaper.  Use up those 3DSXL parts that went scarce back around Christmas.  Money is to be made.

soera

« Reply #13057 on: April 28, 2017, 04:10:41 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13058 on: April 30, 2017, 11:24:33 am »
You ever wonder why they even make strategy games for some of the more basic action games? I mean do you really need to be told: "Beat-up bad guys, follow path, then beat-up boss."

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13059 on: April 30, 2017, 08:09:54 pm »
Y'all remember the NES-101, SNS-101, and Wii mini?  This is that for the 3DS.  Take out the 3D.  Make it cheaper.  Use up those 3DSXL parts that went scarce back around Christmas.  Money is to be made.
Not to mention different models of PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, VITA, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, GB, GBA...you get the idea. Basically what I'm trying to say is that this isn't the first time we've seen a company do this and it sure as Hell won't be the last.
as for my thoughts on it it looks cool, I like how you won't have to remove the back cover if you want to switch out SD card, and being how the New 3DS XL still cost $200 the price point of $150 is not bad to me. I think I might pick one up down the line when they get cheaper

maximo310

« Reply #13060 on: May 01, 2017, 01:41:07 pm »
You ever wonder why they even make strategy games for some of the more basic action games? I mean do you really need to be told: "Beat-up bad guys, follow path, then beat-up boss."
Depends on the game. Some arcade beat-em-ups require specific strategies to achieve 1cc's, especially with Konami US versions, and a few other games. There are some action games on consoles that also require some strats if you're playing on higher difficulty or looking to do no-damage runs.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13061 on: May 02, 2017, 01:03:21 pm »
Since someone here mentioned it, I've been adding my collection to VGPC to get a full value estimate on my collection just because I'm curious (I know it's been mentioned over 200+ times here, but I'd love to have that feature here!).

And I'm noticing an odd trend...Dreamcast versions of games seem to be worth less than N64 or PS1 versions. Why? Back then, the Dreamcast version was nearly always the best version of a game. And there were less copies of Dreamcast games made than PS1 and N64 versions. So between those two things, you'd think the Dreamcast versions should be worth more.

So what's going on with that?

rayne315

« Reply #13062 on: May 02, 2017, 01:51:10 pm »
Since someone here mentioned it, I've been adding my collection to VGPC to get a full value estimate on my collection just because I'm curious (I know it's been mentioned over 200+ times here, but I'd love to have that feature here!).

And I'm noticing an odd trend...Dreamcast versions of games seem to be worth less than N64 or PS1 versions. Why? Back then, the Dreamcast version was nearly always the best version of a game. And there were less copies of Dreamcast games made than PS1 and N64 versions. So between those two things, you'd think the Dreamcast versions should be worth more.

I think its just because the algorithm that looks for the sale price of games across many platforms is flawed. in fact if you look through the purported sold listings enough you will find conglomerations of games in 1 listing skewing the value of the game. they may be picking up box/Manuel only listings as the game itself.

Its by no means a hard number value wise but for insurance/estimation sake it is good enough.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13063 on: May 02, 2017, 01:57:44 pm »

I think its just because the algorithm that looks for the sale price of games across many platforms is flawed. in fact if you look through the purported sold listings enough you will find conglomerations of games in 1 listing skewing the value of the game. they may be picking up box/Manuel only listings as the game itself.

Its by no means a hard number value wise but for insurance/estimation sake it is good enough.

It does differentiate if you have it CIB or game only. It asks you that as you add your game, and gives you a value accordingly.

« Reply #13064 on: May 03, 2017, 08:17:47 am »
A local game store has a copy of Robotron 64 with one of those label maker top labels (Because they stack their games where you can't see the cover art) and it's written as Robot Ron 64.