Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1606740 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13275 on: July 04, 2017, 10:53:40 am »
Gave it another go.  Got to level 23(final level) and now I have abandoned it.

1 silver lynel
1 guardian sniper
15 or so bokoblins on horses.

This level is hell.  I went after the sniper and the lynel sniped me with fire arrows.  I went after the lynel and got trapped by the mob of bokoblins.  I went after the bokoblins which was the best option, and then something happened and i fell off my horse and just got decimated in seconds.  Sniped, fire arrowed, and trampled all at the same time.

shepard11

« Reply #13276 on: July 04, 2017, 04:34:03 pm »
Got to play a NeoGeo Pocket Color today. Friend of mine brought it over to check it out. Played for about 1/2 hour. I'm not going to lie I kinda want one now. I'm always a sucker for handheld systems.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13277 on: July 05, 2017, 02:21:27 am »

1 silver lynel
1 guardian sniper

This level is hell.  I went after the sniper and the lynel sniped me with fire arrows.  I went after the lynel and got trapped by the mob of bokoblins.  I went after the bokoblins which was the best option, and then something happened and i fell off my horse and just got decimated in seconds.  Sniped, fire arrowed, and trampled all at the same time.

I also got here. I couldn't beat it, either. But considering you never used boosts, that's amazing!

Learned a trick: Add a dragon horn to your recipes, and the boost will last 30 minutes.

And yeah, a defense boost was definitely the way to go.

« Reply #13278 on: July 05, 2017, 09:00:44 am »

1 silver lynel
1 guardian sniper

I also got here. I couldn't beat it, either. But considering you never used boosts, that's amazing!

Learned a trick: Add a dragon horn to your recipes, and the boost will last 30 minutes.

Woah, 30 minutes.  That's dope.  I learned a trick too.  Destroy every tree you see with bombs.  They drop acorns which can be cooked for a little extra health.  Also, apparently you can cook wood into "Rock Hard Food" which will also heal a little bit.  It's not much, really it isn't, but there is TONS of trees, so it might actually add up.

Durrrrrrr, going back to this, the defense boost of 30 minutes is useless though, right?  About halfway through you need cold resistance snacks which would blow away your defense boost, right?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:02:21 am by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13279 on: July 05, 2017, 01:57:30 pm »

1 silver lynel
1 guardian sniper

Woah, 30 minutes.  That's dope.  I learned a trick too.  Destroy every tree you see with bombs.  They drop acorns which can be cooked for a little extra health.  Also, apparently you can cook wood into "Rock Hard Food" which will also heal a little bit.  It's not much, really it isn't, but there is TONS of trees, so it might actually add up.

Durrrrrrr, going back to this, the defense boost of 30 minutes is useless though, right?  About halfway through you need cold resistance snacks which would blow away your defense boost, right?

Yes, but the defense boost definitely helps up until that point.

And personally, I just endured the cold until the boost ran out because the defense boost helped that much. Plus there's a couple places where a fire is going so you can hang around the fire.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13280 on: July 06, 2017, 04:08:19 pm »
Hey I don't know if anyone is interested in joining the /r/gamecollecting unofficial discord server but if you do want to feel free to join here :) - https://discord.gg/vZCrMqx

I started up a monthly game club there similar to a book club and the games voted on for July are Super Mario RPG and Majoras Mask!

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot here yall, I'm reading but just haven't had the time to actually sit down and write a post. Miss talking to everyone though :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:12:23 pm by tafk »

« Reply #13281 on: July 06, 2017, 06:05:47 pm »
Sometimes I really hate Amazon.

I bought a gold dualshock 4 controller for $35 and because they packed it with my subscribe and save stuff the controller proceeded to get destroyed by a case of cat food among other things.

Can't get it replaced and it's not that cheap anymore.

telly

« Reply #13282 on: July 06, 2017, 06:23:18 pm »
Hey I don't know if anyone is interested in joining the /r/gamecollecting unofficial discord server but if you do want to feel free to join here :) - https://discord.gg/vZCrMqx

I started up a monthly game club there similar to a book club and the games voted on for July are Super Mario RPG and Majoras Mask!

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot here yall, I'm reading but just haven't had the time to actually sit down and write a post. Miss talking to everyone though :)

We miss you too man! Were you still playing through FF7?
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #13283 on: July 06, 2017, 06:32:18 pm »

I bought a gold dualshock 4 controller for $35 and because they packed it with my subscribe and save stuff the controller proceeded to get destroyed by a case of cat food among other things.

Ugh, their packaging really is getting worse and worse these days.

They used to make a big deal about letting us know if items were shipping separately and would give us the option to let items ship together or not. Now they never ask and stuff keeps getting damaged.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13284 on: July 06, 2017, 09:08:23 pm »

Ugh, their packaging really is getting worse and worse these days.

They used to make a big deal about letting us know if items were shipping separately and would give us the option to let items ship together or not. Now they never ask and stuff keeps getting damaged.
And it terrifies me because I here stories about people getting banned from Amazon for too many returns, and it's kind of BS.

kashell

« Reply #13285 on: July 07, 2017, 08:07:25 am »
Other than that fiasco with Tales of Berseria, I've never had any issues with Amazon. Maybe it's because I don't order from their warehouse?

« Reply #13286 on: July 07, 2017, 08:31:42 am »
I make nearly a thousand purchases from Amazon a year (Not an exaggeration, it's usually 1 item per order to maximize my benefits).

Anything you buy with "Prime" shipping is shipped by Amazon regardless of seller.  So shipping is Amazon's fault 100% of the time in those situations.  The seller describing the product incorrectly is the seller's fault.  <-- This is the frequent issue, honestly.

The problem is that EVERYTHING you order with "Prime" has a chance of being shipped together because there are only so many shipping facilities and Amazon will try their damnedest to ship everything in as few boxes as possible.

So if I have a subscribe and save with a case of cat food and a case of soda (Not exactly soda, but it is in a can), they almost always ship video games I order with it.  10/10 something comes destroyed because guess what, a case of soda and a case of cat food is heavy and will crush things.

I just bought a silver dualshock 4 controller for a few dollars more, hopefully it will come in one piece.

tpugmire

« Reply #13287 on: July 07, 2017, 10:21:48 pm »
Amazon has the worst packaging. I work for FedEx, and I deliver at least 3 amazon boxes a day that are damaged in some way.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #13288 on: July 08, 2017, 09:59:23 am »
Damn, I must have been pretty lucky with most of my orders.

« Reply #13289 on: July 08, 2017, 06:30:01 pm »
Bought another gold one for 25 cents more, hopefully it also comes in one piece.