Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1564590 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13470 on: August 16, 2017, 11:51:20 am »
has anyone else noticed that you do not always receive new posts in your unread posts tab? I was going through threads trying to find one from earlier this year and probably 1/8 or so entire threads I have never even seen.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13471 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:48 pm »

Sonic Mania is awesome, guys! This is the game that should've have been released on the Genesis rather than Sonic 3D Blast.

I know people like to say that games like Sonic Rush and Sonic Advance are Genesis-like Sonic titles. And for the basic gameplay, it is.

But this is different. This is seriously just like a long-lost Sega Genesis Sonic title. It looks, sounds, and feels like one. And it's amazing!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13472 on: August 16, 2017, 01:54:27 pm »
I think I got a repro, damnit!

Does anyone else own Final Fantasy VI Advance? Does it ask you what language you want to the game to be in before it boots? Because none of the other FF Advance games do this.

That sucks if I did, because I paid the normal, non-repro price for it.  >:(

« Reply #13473 on: August 16, 2017, 01:58:26 pm »
I think I got a repro, damnit!

Does anyone else own Final Fantasy VI Advance? Does it ask you what language you want to the game to be in before it boots? Because none of the other FF Advance games do this.

That sucks if I did, because I paid the normal, non-repro price for it.  >:(
A lot of gba games ask for language on launch.

Also, just open it up and look.

Do you get this screen? If so, that's the EU version.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:06:13 pm by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13474 on: August 16, 2017, 02:07:05 pm »
Yes, that's the screen. I just found it odd since my copies of FF IV & V Advance don't have that.

« Reply #13475 on: August 16, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »
Yes, that's the screen. I just found it odd since my copies of FF IV & V Advance don't have that.
I just launched both the US and EU roms of the game and only the EU rom loaded that screen.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13476 on: August 16, 2017, 02:53:43 pm »
Well, at least that means it's not a repro. Good.

« Reply #13477 on: August 16, 2017, 03:30:09 pm »
Well, at least that means it's not a repro. Good.
That doesn't mean it's not a repro.

If the cart has the ESRB rating on the sticker, and it's the EU rom, it's probably a repro.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13478 on: August 16, 2017, 04:25:37 pm »
Nope, no ESRB rating. And after you mentioned it, I noticed the code on it ended in "EUR".

kashell

« Reply #13479 on: August 17, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »
So, I just read a story that a baby dolphin died due to people taking selfies with it.

There are some days that I really, really, really hate people.

azure

« Reply #13480 on: August 17, 2017, 04:11:51 pm »

Sonic Mania is awesome, guys! This is the game that should've have been released on the Genesis rather than Sonic 3D Blast.

I know people like to say that games like Sonic Rush and Sonic Advance are Genesis-like Sonic titles. And for the basic gameplay, it is.

But this is different. This is seriously just like a long-lost Sega Genesis Sonic title. It looks, sounds, and feels like one. And it's amazing!
Just got my CE in today, can't wait to play it later!

karyann

« Reply #13481 on: August 17, 2017, 05:10:50 pm »
So, I just read a story that a baby dolphin died due to people taking selfies with it.

Is it the one where it was out of the water, and instead of helping it people were just taking pictures? I saw that a few years ago  :-\

Regardless, anyone who thinks of a picture before helping a living thing just makes me feel sick.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13482 on: August 17, 2017, 08:15:19 pm »
I'm literally about to start Final Fantasy VI. It's the next handheld game on my play list. I have managed to stay away from spoilers all these years. But today, I'm watching the IGN show, and they do a Top 10 RPG list, and spoils a big part of the story...

SPOILER FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT HASN'T PLAYED IT

...the bad guy wins halfway through.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13483 on: August 17, 2017, 08:18:11 pm »

A lot are just very ignorant of so many things (I hope), I don't know that ignorance is grounds of misanthropy. It's frustrating, sure. But I can't say that I hate people for not being what they could be. It's what some willfully do, and when decent people look on that really gets me.

kashell

« Reply #13484 on: August 17, 2017, 09:19:00 pm »

A lot are just very ignorant of so many things (I hope), I don't know that ignorance is grounds of misanthropy. It's frustrating, sure. But I can't say that I hate people for not being what they could be. It's what some willfully do, and when decent people look on that really gets me.

You're waaaaay more forgiving. My initial thought at seeing a baby dolphin wouldn't be snap a selfie. I would hope others would have that level of decency.

@ Lady K - I just read it today from my news feed. It must have happened recently-ish.