Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1564697 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13485 on: August 18, 2017, 03:56:04 pm »
So, I just read a story that a baby dolphin died due to people taking selfies with it.

There are some days that I really, really, really hate people.

A lot are just very ignorant of so many things (I hope), I don't know that ignorance is grounds of misanthropy. It's frustrating, sure. But I can't say that I hate people for not being what they could be. It's what some willfully do, and when decent people look on that really gets me.

You're waaaaay more forgiving. My initial thought at seeing a baby dolphin wouldn't be snap a selfie. I would hope others would have that level of decency.

@ Lady K - I just read it today from my news feed. It must have happened recently-ish.

Unfortunately, it happened recently *and* a few years back :(  Folks are so out of touch with nature, they don't realize the importance of leaving nature be.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #13486 on: August 18, 2017, 09:35:49 pm »
So, I just read a story that a baby dolphin died due to people taking selfies with it.

There are some days that I really, really, really hate people.

A lot are just very ignorant of so many things (I hope), I don't know that ignorance is grounds of misanthropy. It's frustrating, sure. But I can't say that I hate people for not being what they could be. It's what some willfully do, and when decent people look on that really gets me.

You're waaaaay more forgiving. My initial thought at seeing a baby dolphin wouldn't be snap a selfie. I would hope others would have that level of decency.

@ Lady K - I just read it today from my news feed. It must have happened recently-ish.

My point is basically that most might not even realize that it's in crisis. So, they have no idea how to react to the sight of it.

Switching gears, I have another one of those stupid game collector problems. PS4 game cases. So ridiculously fragile. You can hold them wrong. That used to be a joke to exaggerate how fragile something was, but no really you can damage them by holding them. I can't stand that about them. It's so easy to leave an imprint permanently in the artwork though handling it. Not to mention the slightest bit of humidity change is going to start warping them as well. So hard to keep them nice.

kashell

« Reply #13487 on: August 19, 2017, 10:34:53 am »
If they don't realize how fragile a baby animal is, then I really fear for our future.

kashell

« Reply #13488 on: August 21, 2017, 08:09:45 am »
Happy Eclipse Day!

« Reply #13489 on: August 21, 2017, 09:44:48 am »
So hype over this

Fear Effect Reinvented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG3VLiNnlw

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13490 on: August 21, 2017, 10:12:25 am »
So hype over this

Fear Effect Reinvented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG3VLiNnlw

This is in addition to a new fear efect game called Fear Effect Sedna so...
DOUBLE HYPE

azure

« Reply #13491 on: August 21, 2017, 12:22:05 pm »
Fear Effect is coming back? Didn't see that coming, kool none the less.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13492 on: August 21, 2017, 03:40:08 pm »
So, The Boy was got a little goofy the other night and bought Sonic Mania for the ole Switch'aroo.  I played it through 3 levels to give it a chance.  Sonic still sucks

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13493 on: August 21, 2017, 03:59:18 pm »
So, The Boy was got a little goofy the other night and bought Sonic Mania for the ole Switch'aroo.  I played it through 3 levels to give it a chance.  Sonic still sucks

Ouch. One of my favorite games of the year so far. Cracks me up that all the reviews say it is hard though. Kids these days didn't grow up blowing through quarters at the arcade enhancing their hand eye coordination. This has been such an easy Sonic game.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13494 on: August 21, 2017, 05:52:51 pm »
It's challenging me. I got a game over in Hydrocity, but then beat it on the 2nd go. And then I got a game over two zones later in the Oil Zone.

Some of the Blue Sphere Stages are pretty damn challenging, too. A lot harder than the originals.

And I'm 34. Not a young kid.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:54:34 pm by burningdoom »

azure

« Reply #13495 on: August 21, 2017, 06:29:21 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UweI4Ra2QbM

First Shenmue 3 teaser trailer, got me kinda worried not gonna lie.

soera

« Reply #13496 on: August 21, 2017, 06:46:22 pm »

Worried about what? I thought it looked great.

azure

« Reply #13497 on: August 21, 2017, 06:50:59 pm »

Worried about what? I thought it looked great.
The stiff and lifeless models, the animations as well for the fighting scenes that were shown. The environments look great though, and it is the first teaser trailer so I would hope the finish product will fix the issues.

telly

« Reply #13498 on: August 21, 2017, 10:39:24 pm »
I mean, the other Shenmue games had a stilted performance in some respects so I guess they're just carrying on that tradition, lol
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #13499 on: August 21, 2017, 10:43:45 pm »
Yeah, trust me that crossed my mind as well. I suppose I just expect a little more in this "Modern age". I mostly contribute my skepticism in light of other high profile kickstarter projects, as I actually backed this. I like the actual models, would just like some more expression and more "organic movement" with the characters.