Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1564846 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13530 on: August 25, 2017, 08:43:57 am »
Oh. Em. Gee.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/25/secret-of-mana-remake-announced-for-ps4-vita-and-steam-with-a-bunch-of-nifty-new-features/

Secret of Mana is such an important game for me so I'm alllllllll over this, DL-only or not.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13531 on: August 25, 2017, 08:50:01 am »
and it is super easy to put the disc back in place without damaging the wrapping or unsealing the game.

It is? Are you a magician? I'm imagining some kind of Carbanaro style trick where you put like an inch worm on it and it unfolds the seal for you, and you put it back in place and then the worm seals it back up.

desocietas

« Reply #13532 on: August 25, 2017, 09:12:01 am »
and it is super easy to put the disc back in place without damaging the wrapping or unsealing the game.

It is? Are you a magician? I'm imagining some kind of Carbanaro style trick where you put like an inch worm on it and it unfolds the seal for you, and you put it back in place and then the worm seals it back up.

I didn't believe it either, but there are videos on how to do it. Definitely practice with games you don't care about first because a little pressure is applied to the cover art, and if you're not careful, it'll cause indentation.  LRG ran into people getting upset because the games would arrive loose in the box. Literally nothing they could do to prevent it because it happens with shipping.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13533 on: August 25, 2017, 09:21:55 am »

I didn't believe it either, but there are videos on how to do it. Definitely practice with games you don't care about first because a little pressure is applied to the cover art, and if you're not careful, it'll cause indentation.  LRG ran into people getting upset because the games would arrive loose in the box. Literally nothing they could do to prevent it because it happens with shipping.
Definitely.

Hard surface and light pressure will do the trick without damaging the art.

azure

« Reply #13534 on: August 25, 2017, 09:49:05 am »
Kiwami is going to be my first time playing one of the Yakuza games.  I don't own the original so I figured the remake would be a good starting point.
You're better off, don't have to suffer through the dub of the original. On top of a lot of other things the remake's engine improves on. I expect a reveal of a remake of the 2nd game as well and maybe even a current gen collection of the ps3 titles with the presentation this Saturday.
They leaked Yakuza Kiwami 2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423418
Awesome! They are even remaking it in the current Dragon engine, can't wait.

kashell

« Reply #13535 on: August 28, 2017, 04:18:08 pm »
Man oh man, Houston is looking rough. @.@

« Reply #13536 on: August 29, 2017, 08:34:36 am »
Yeah, we got lucky that it veered off and didn't come straight for us.  Houston's pretty big.  My brother didn't have to evacuate or anything, but a friend of mine didn't see any problem during the storm, but after the storm was over and the water started to shift and that's when they had to start evacuating.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13537 on: August 29, 2017, 02:52:27 pm »
So whenever the subject comes up about the collector's market bubble bursting in gaming, I usually just roll my eyes because it comes up every couple of months.

But some eBay selling lately kind of is supporting this trend. I have a SNES, Genesis, and Master System up for sale on eBay, for CHEAP, and they've been sitting there for a couple of weeks. I even lowered the prices on them, and they were already the cheapest on eBay.

Normally when I put up retro gaming stuff like that, it doesn't even stay up for a day or two before it sells.

So I think interest might actually be waning a bit.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13538 on: August 29, 2017, 02:54:48 pm »
Dishonored is such a cool game, but damn is it hard! The style and atmosphere are just perfect. But the stealth, man, they really challenge you with that. The "Blink" technique is just so much fun, though.

However, it is a little annoying that they give you all these awesome tools for combat, but the game punishes you for using combat rather than stealth. It's like putting a shiny new toy in front of a 5-year but telling him he's not allowed to touch it.

telly

« Reply #13539 on: August 29, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »
I've been eyeing that Genesis on ebay BD, not gonna lie.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13540 on: August 29, 2017, 03:36:49 pm »
I've been eyeing that Genesis on ebay BD, not gonna lie.

BUY IT! I've only got days until my convention!

If you let me know, I'm sure I've got something gaming related I can throw in since you're a VGCollect member.

shepard11

« Reply #13541 on: August 29, 2017, 06:01:40 pm »
Man why did I have to buy a house? I'm looking for a SMS for a good price.

karyann

« Reply #13542 on: August 30, 2017, 11:41:45 am »
I just learnt about the 30th anniversary Zelda Concert album, and had to insta-order it. I should get it by tomorrow, thanks Amazon 1-day delivery!  8) Can't wait to listen to it!

On a side note, anybody tried Mario + Rabbids yet? I started it yesterday and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much it feels like an actual Mario game!

rayne315

« Reply #13543 on: August 30, 2017, 11:44:52 am »
I just learnt about the 30th anniversary Zelda Concert album, and had to insta-order it. I should get it by tomorrow, thanks Amazon 1-day delivery!  8) Can't wait to listen to it!

On a side note, anybody tried Mario + Rabbids yet? I started it yesterday and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much it feels like an actual Mario game!

does it have enough in depth strategy for someone who is a fan of Xcom games to also find enjoyment out of it?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13544 on: August 30, 2017, 11:46:55 am »

I'm interested.  I think I want to grab it before too long.