Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1590818 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13770 on: October 14, 2017, 12:14:19 pm »

« Reply #13771 on: October 16, 2017, 07:52:51 am »
Over 2 hours trying to put on this Ice Blue replacement shell for my Joy Con controller...ONE of the Joy Con's...And ended up having a screw not go back into the shell because it has nothing to latch onto and had the Plus button for some reason get stuck.  Now to see if I can put it all back into the original shell and not have ruined a perfectly good joy con :\  Do not recommend doing this, even if everything is proper for the replacement shell, it's a very anxiety ridden ordeal due to such tiny and fragile parts.  As cool as the replacement parts could be, it's a heck of a project.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:58:58 am by kamikazekeeg »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13772 on: October 16, 2017, 10:08:34 am »
Theres always a retron 5 or cheap famiclone you can use.

I've got my Retron5 and a toaster NES that my adapter works with.  I just can't fit my adapter into a top loader.  It's just something else for me to look for.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13773 on: October 16, 2017, 10:44:30 pm »
So here is today's lesson in how stupid games become stupid expensive. I noticed this since I've gotten back into Wii collecting.

Basically what people do is go on vgchartz, pick out a console, scroll down and look at what games sold like crap. Buy said games (or even horde them), then go around the net (in particular, Youtube) boasting about how they are "the rarest games ever for system x", and then proceed to watch prices go insane on eBay, and soon enough, everywhere else that prices based on eBay.

Some guy did this on the Wii, and made a video about the Maximum Games racing series. Now they're some of the most expensive collector's items you can find on the platform. Not that I want them, but this is how it all happens, in my estimation. So the tip here I guess, is to check for the worst selling games on any platform and see if you'd be interested in them before someone makes a video about them.

Fritz Chess is another fascination among Wii collectors, probably because someone simply made the claim that it was rare, and it now goes for insane prices. There are probably about 50 other games on Wii that sold about the same amount or less, and they can still be had dirt cheap, but everyone is scrambling to get Fritz Chess because legend of it's rarity is has become widespread. Why not a game like Geon Cube? That game sold roughly the same, and I'd much rather play that than a chess game. It think this only demonstrates how people just want something because someone said it's rare.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:37:19 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #13774 on: October 17, 2017, 08:22:11 am »
So here is today's lesson in how stupid games become stupid expensive. I noticed this since I've gotten back into Wii collecting.

Basically what people do is go on vgchartz, pick out a console, scroll down and look at what games sold like crap. Buy said games (or even horde them), then go around the net (in particular, Youtube) boasting about how they are "the rarest games ever for system x", and then proceed to watch prices go insane on eBay, and soon enough, everywhere else that prices based on eBay.

Some guy did this on the Wii, and made a video about the Maximum Games racing series. Now they're some of the most expensive collector's items you can find on the platform. Not that I want them, but this is how it all happens, in my estimation. So the tip here I guess, is to check for the worst selling games on any platform and see if you'd be interested in them before someone makes a video about them.

Fritz Chess is another fascination among Wii collectors, probably because someone simply made the claim that it was rare, and it now goes for insane prices. There are probably about 50 other games on Wii that sold about the same amount or less, and they can still be had dirt cheap, but everyone is scrambling to get Fritz Chess because legend of it's rarity is has become widespread. Why not a game like Geon Cube? That game sold roughly the same, and I'd much rather play that than a chess game. It think this only demonstrates how people just want something because someone said it's rare.
I had to get Flatout for Wii shipped from Hawaii because at the time there were no other options, brand new sealed for like $5.

Problem is with Wii games is there are so many games that were exclusive to Big Lots, Walgreens, etc.  I know there are a ton I've never even heard of or seen.  As far as I'm aware, I made sure about a year or so back to get all of the Wii games I cared to own.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13775 on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:40 am »
Someone stop me from buying a lot of 18 Nintendo 64 games.  I'm trying not to buy.  The dude has $200 worth of games and wants $60.  I'm trying to leave it laying, but I can't pass up a deal!

kashell

« Reply #13776 on: October 17, 2017, 11:46:51 am »
Lordt knows I'm not going to try to stop you.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

« Reply #13777 on: October 17, 2017, 11:51:23 am »
Someone stop me from buying a lot of 18 Nintendo 64 games.  I'm trying not to buy.  The dude has $200 worth of games and wants $60.  I'm trying to leave it laying, but I can't pass up a deal!
Do it and then send me the games I need.  :)

telly

« Reply #13778 on: October 17, 2017, 02:18:35 pm »
Buy it! Use it for someone's Secret Santa gift ;)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13779 on: October 17, 2017, 02:32:30 pm »

I don't know who I drew yet.  I'm hoping it someone fun.  I need something interesting to buy.  I hope it's something I have laying around so I can go above the $50 limit.

telly

« Reply #13780 on: October 17, 2017, 06:24:48 pm »

I don't know who I drew yet.  I'm hoping it someone fun.  I need something interesting to buy.  I hope it's something I have laying around so I can go above the $50 limit.

I haven't forgotten the SNES you got for me when I first did secret santa here. That was amazing.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #13781 on: October 17, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »

This bumper sticker made me laugh today. Looks like someone's already hit them from behind too. EDIT: Stupid camera didn't focus. But it says "baby up in this bitch", lol.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:22:53 pm by Warmsignal »

sworddude

« Reply #13782 on: October 17, 2017, 08:44:08 pm »
That's enough internet for today  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ggS_O7B9c

Your Stylish Sword Master!

doafan

« Reply #13783 on: October 18, 2017, 02:20:10 pm »
Have sold another couple of my games at Mercado Libre where I haven't used that money, am saving it because really want to increase my 3DS library, got enough money to purchase an Xbox One but honestly from this console I only want the Gears of War 4 also have been thinking in getting a PS4, really want to play Nier Automata even when am pretty sure that my wife gonna get angry and maybe Street Fighter V but those are the only titles that took my attention from this console, don't have enought free time to play in front of the TV for hours, so playing anywhere is the best thing for me right now, totally love to play at bed when everybody is sleeping cause that's the only moment in my day when I finally got peace and calm.

Anyway the titles that I don't have at my collection anymore are Mole Mania, Metal Storm, P.N. 03, Silent Hill 2 (for the PC), Mega Man ZX, Resident Evil Code Veronica (Dreamcast), Bonks Adventure, Dead Space, Mega Man 3, Bayonetta, TMNT Radical Rescue and Yoshi Island.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Flashback2012

« Reply #13784 on: October 18, 2017, 07:43:28 pm »
I've been trying to work in the basement the last few days in an attempt to get my collections in order and somewhat organized. I just unearthed two tubs that are packed to the gills with jewel case PC games, pre-order bonus soundtrack samplers and TONS of demo discs for the last 2-3 console generations and PC. It's going to take a good long while to sort through them and see what's in there.  :P