Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1594825 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13950 on: December 04, 2017, 01:43:56 pm »
I know y'all have been worried.  I was gone for a long time.  You can all rest easy, because I'm back to VGCollect!

I had a lot to catch up on. You folks are talkers.   ;)

desocietas

« Reply #13951 on: December 04, 2017, 02:15:58 pm »
I know y'all have been worried.  I was gone for a long time.  You can all rest easy, because I'm back to VGCollect!

I had a lot to catch up on. You folks are talkers.   ;)

Welcome back! <3
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13952 on: December 04, 2017, 02:16:23 pm »
Oh God, did anybody see the new Mega Man 11 stuff?

azure

« Reply #13953 on: December 04, 2017, 02:17:01 pm »
Yeah, watching the stream right now.

desocietas

« Reply #13954 on: December 04, 2017, 02:18:28 pm »
That worked. Thanks so much for the help, everyone. I work with computers every day, but simple things like this always seem to baffle me.

Heh, now I see all your sigs stacked on top of each other. In case that's what you wanted!
Totally understandable. I'm glad I taught myself super basic HTML back in the day - it comes in handy for all sorts of things. I can figure out other basic tags, but I'm still struggling with SQL at work. Can't wrap my head around the schema stuff.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #13955 on: December 04, 2017, 02:20:30 pm »

I want my square pixels back
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13956 on: December 04, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »
Looks like Mighty No. 9

Honestly, all I want to know is if the X collection is going to come with a physical release.

kashell

« Reply #13957 on: December 04, 2017, 03:09:08 pm »
I can't see the footage because of the firewall at work, but from what I can tell it's more like Mega Man 8 than the original Mega Man titles.

EDIT: Just saw a few seconds of footage; very Mega Man 8-ish. I like it!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:10:46 pm by kashell »

« Reply #13958 on: December 05, 2017, 08:13:34 am »
So UPS strikes again.  So I had 2 packages out for delivery yesterday, and around 515pm they marked it as delivered as "Delivered to Customer Man".  My security system shows no delivery attempt.  So either someone was standing near my property and intercepted the packages from the UPS guy claiming to be me, or the UPS guy delivered it to the wrong house.

Spent from 5:20pm to 9pm on the phone with UPS, Gamestop, and Target trying to get it sorted.  UPS started an investigation into the driver and package.  Gamestop was utterly useless.  Target refused to talk to me until after the expected delivery date of Dec 6th, regardless of the fact that it says "delivered".

kashell

« Reply #13959 on: December 05, 2017, 08:19:28 am »
I got my first Switch game. It was an unexpected, early Christmas present.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This, Lost Sphear and Atelier Lydie will keep my very busy when I finally get my Switch.

telly

« Reply #13960 on: December 05, 2017, 08:26:03 am »
I have a spurious unresearched theory that I will be getting a Switch for my birthday. We'll see if I was right about that :D
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #13961 on: December 05, 2017, 08:47:36 am »
I have a spurious unresearched theory that I will be getting a Switch for my birthday. We'll see if I was right about that :D

Nice! New consoles make lovely birthday presents.

azure

« Reply #13962 on: December 05, 2017, 11:36:40 am »
I hope so, it's a really great system so far.

« Reply #13963 on: December 05, 2017, 11:52:19 am »
Kind of freaking out because I have two more packages out for delivery today and these are pricier packages.

I feel this need to upgrade my security system.

Edit: Fuck 3 packages.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:07:13 pm by ignition365 »

desocietas

« Reply #13964 on: December 05, 2017, 02:51:41 pm »
So UPS strikes again.  So I had 2 packages out for delivery yesterday, and around 515pm they marked it as delivered as "Delivered to Customer Man".  My security system shows no delivery attempt.  So either someone was standing near my property and intercepted the packages from the UPS guy claiming to be me, or the UPS guy delivered it to the wrong house.

Spent from 5:20pm to 9pm on the phone with UPS, Gamestop, and Target trying to get it sorted.  UPS started an investigation into the driver and package.  Gamestop was utterly useless.  Target refused to talk to me until after the expected delivery date of Dec 6th, regardless of the fact that it says "delivered".

I've been having issues lately with our mailstaff just leaving things on our doorstep. I don't really mind that too much since (thankfully) we haven't had problems with missing packages. But when I get delivery notices saying "signature required" for various items and *all* of them are left on the doorstep with no knock/doorbell/attempt to reach a human, it's a little annoying. One item: a brand new laptop. Another item: a PS4. I mean, why bother shipping anything out that requires a signature when the delivery person can just override it so they can go on their merry way?

An addendum: the PS4 was dropped off on our doorstep at 10:45pm. No knock, no doorbell. I'm glad someone in the house happened to open the door to find the item, 'cause who knows if it would've been there in the morning. Sucks that the delivery person was working so late but come onnnnnn guys.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas