Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599896 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14175 on: February 15, 2018, 08:22:20 am »
ESRB just rated "Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2" for Switch.  sounds like we might be getting a two pack release.

I'd bet money on Physical 2 and Digital 1.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14176 on: February 15, 2018, 09:39:53 am »
Damnit!  I'll have to buy it again.  Why didn't they just release it for switch the first time?

« Reply #14177 on: February 15, 2018, 10:00:42 am »
Damnit!  I'll have to buy it again.  Why didn't they just release it for switch the first time?
If everyone sticks to this style of Physical 2 and digital 1 for collections (Bayo and Resi Rev) I'll gladly not buy the games.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14178 on: February 15, 2018, 10:40:34 am »
If everyone sticks to this style of Physical 2 and digital 1 for collections (Bayo and Resi Rev) I'll gladly not buy the games.

They'll both fit on one cart.  The games are tiny.

« Reply #14179 on: February 15, 2018, 10:48:56 am »

They'll both fit on one cart.  The games are tiny.
Sure, but it doesn't mean they'll do it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14180 on: February 15, 2018, 12:44:05 pm »
Just get Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Cheaper and it has them all up to 8.

« Reply #14181 on: February 15, 2018, 12:45:50 pm »
Just get Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Cheaper and it has them all up to 8.
Not only do I already have it, I have multiple copies of it, thank you very much.

But this has up to 10.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14182 on: February 15, 2018, 02:00:33 pm »
Man, I hate how this hobby has gotten. People are so petty anymore. I remember when retro gamers used to help each other out.

Some guy asks me to trade. Asks for a bunch of games I never had offered up to begin with. I tell him those aren't up for trade and I only want to trade the one that actually was available. Lord of the Rings: Third Age. So I look at his list, ask if he wants to trade a few different games and we settle on Smackdown vs. Raw 2011.

He says yeah, but he wants some more games for the $7 difference in value...$7 freaking dollars! And he's the one that instigated the trade. Nah, screw that. I'm not sending multiple games for an out of date wrestling game. And if you're gonna be that petty over $7 freaking dollars of perceived value, then why even bother with trades, just sell and buy. Maybe it's just me with this mentality anymore, whatever.

End rant.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:02:49 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14183 on: February 15, 2018, 02:40:03 pm »
Man, I hate how this hobby has gotten. People are so petty anymore. I remember when retro gamers used to help each other out.

Some guy asks me to trade. Asks for a bunch of games I never had offered up to begin with. I tell him those aren't up for trade and I only want to trade the one that actually was available. Lord of the Rings: Third Age. So I look at his list, ask if he wants to trade a few different games and we settle on Smackdown vs. Raw 2011.

He says yeah, but he wants some more games for the $7 difference in value...$7 freaking dollars! And he's the one that instigated the trade. Nah, screw that. I'm not sending multiple games for an out of date wrestling game. And if you're gonna be that petty over $7 freaking dollars of perceived value, then why even bother with trades, just sell and buy. Maybe it's just me with this mentality anymore, whatever.

End rant.

Those days are long since gone, my brother.  Too many folks got in this.  It used to be a brotherhood (/sisterhood?) that helped each other out.  I know folks on here are still cool, but the community at large kinda sucks.

« Reply #14184 on: February 15, 2018, 03:27:34 pm »
Gonna rant here just to rant.

A KS I'm following isn't doing traditional stretch goals, they are doing daily goals.  So essentially they look at what they made yesterday, and make a goal for today that feels reasonable for that day, with the expectation that it will be met.  So say they want $50k to launch, first goal is $70k.  First day they make $100k.  Second day goal is $180k because it's more than what they already earned, but enough to keep that momentum going.  But the first goal is something stupid like adding a second palette swap for a character.  In a traditional KS, you see that and you are concerned that towards the end they are going to want $1 mill for something menial.   Not the case, but slightly confusing to follow.  In the end, the expectation is to meet all goals, because they are all reasonable in the grand scheme.  Great.  Second day they pull $220k, so the third goal is $280k.  Lowering expectations because the hype is dying down as the campaign progresses.  Now what this does is, it doesn't provided a reasonable presentation of worth.  Normal SG (stretch goals) provide a worth to the goal, (i.e. we'll add multiplayer for an additional $115k because it takes a lot of work).  This type of daily goal, provides no worth to the goal, sure we wanted $50k to make the game, and now we want another $50k to do this feature, you'd expect that to be $100k total, but no, that $100k they raised the other day was strictly for the original goal, this new goal is separate, so now the goal is $150k.  So every morning, they look at how much money they've raised, add some arbitrary value to it and call it that day's goal, regardless of what that would actually cost them to produce.  You are essentially being punished for being an early backer and for pledging too much money.  And you could say "Oh, well if they don't meet the previous goal, they won't announce the next daily goal, or the next daily goal will be higher than yesterdays just to make sure people pledge" Nope, a goal announced every day, guaranteed.  Goals can and will overlap if the previous day's goal has not been met.  The reason for that is, if goal C isn't incentive enough to raise money, goal C + D should be incentive to raise money even though the price points are very close together.  So again, no incentive to pledge but on the last day.  But what about KSE (kickstart exclusives), oh this company doesn't believe in KSE and they aren't limiting any of the pledges, so nothing will run out by the time you decide to pledge.

Essentially this encourages the community to not share the project or anything because any money raised is essentially going to waste once the goal is met.  As such, I have no been sharing the project anywhere, and I dropped my pledge entirely because I'll just back on the last day when my pledge actually means something.

/rant
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:32:26 pm by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14185 on: February 16, 2018, 12:38:05 pm »

End rant.

Ugh. Now the guy is accusing me of being a scammer...really? He instigated the trade. Just take no for an answer and quit being a petty little bitch.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14186 on: February 16, 2018, 12:39:50 pm »
Can't decide if I want to start Armored Core 4 or Pillars of Eternity next.  ???

desocietas

« Reply #14187 on: February 16, 2018, 01:19:22 pm »

End rant.

Ugh. Now the guy is accusing me of being a scammer...really? He instigated the trade. Just take no for an answer and quit being a petty little bitch.

Ugh, that's awful. I just tell people "You know what, I'm sorry, I decided to not go through with this trade. Thanks for your time." There's no scam about that. Just business.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #14188 on: February 16, 2018, 02:07:04 pm »
Can't decide if I want to start Armored Core 4 or Pillars of Eternity next.  ???

Id say pillars of eternity (I have played neither one). I actually do not much care for mech games.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #14189 on: February 16, 2018, 03:36:59 pm »
Second post because.... Seriously WTF?

Apparently Atari SA has announced that it is going to enter the Crypto currency sector.... as some of you may have guessed by now I like to mess around big time in the stock markets and although I am very happy with the ~80% gain just from last week I now feel like I have to sell because I no longer believe that Atari can come back from what it has become.

Why couldn't they make this announcement in june? I would have been in for a year at that point. (Less taxes I would have to pay)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:43:47 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully