Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1534527 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14565 on: October 07, 2018, 07:04:14 pm »
I miss the 80s. The movies, the music, the video games. Pop culture really was at a great place then. Anyone else?

I went through Elem, JR high, and part of HS in the 80's. It was an amazing time to be a kid.

Here here! I grew up in the 80s and 90s... amazing time to be a kid.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #14566 on: October 07, 2018, 07:16:29 pm »
I miss the 80s. The movies, the music, the video games. Pop culture really was at a great place then. Anyone else?

I went through Elem, JR high, and part of HS in the 80's. It was an amazing time to be a kid.

Here here! I grew up in the 80s and 90s... amazing time to be a kid.

It sure was.

I still prefer games from the mid to late 90's to the games of today.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14567 on: October 08, 2018, 12:57:40 pm »

Yeah, the cold war was fun.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14568 on: October 08, 2018, 01:40:21 pm »
I was born in '83, so I remember the late 80s, as least. But I lived through it more with media, later on. Watching 80s music videos on VH1 (lots of 80s hair metal and new wave). Ransacking the local video rental store of old movies (especially horror, fantasy, and sci-fi) and NES games. And the saturday morning cartoons. They were so good then (and I did live through/remember those).

Pop culture from the 80s just feels directly aimed at me and my interests.

pizzasafari

« Reply #14569 on: October 12, 2018, 10:14:55 am »

This this. There's plenty of amazing games coming out nowadays but generally speaking, most games had so much more heart put into them back then. Nowadays it's all so soulless.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14570 on: October 13, 2018, 11:10:24 am »

This this. There's plenty of amazing games coming out nowadays but generally speaking, most games had so much more heart put into them back then. Nowadays it's all so soulless.

I kinda get this, but then I play something fantastic like Spiderman.  This game is incredible and amazing! Great games can come from every period.

Most of the games I play are from the late 80's and early 90's, with the exception of those badass arcadey DreamCast games.  I don't have much interest in going back and paying many Xbox 360 games. They just take too much time and take dedication I just don't have.

kashell

« Reply #14571 on: October 13, 2018, 11:26:04 am »
There are definitely games with heart n' soul (if that song just got stuck in your head, then you're welcome) of the current era. I hop around from system to system so much that I end up gravitating more towards games that were from the PS/SS/N64 days.

azure

« Reply #14572 on: October 13, 2018, 02:07:07 pm »
There will always be great games to experience as long as we have passionate people working towards making them. I find myself enamored with as many modern titles as I do older ones for the most part.

telly

« Reply #14573 on: October 13, 2018, 02:47:58 pm »
There will always be great games to experience as long as we have passionate people working towards making them. I find myself enamored with as many modern titles as I do older ones for the most part.

Same, I can appreciate both the new and old, and I've really been playing a bit of every era. NES games are usually as far back as I'll go though

PS2 era is my calling though since that's what I grew up with
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14574 on: October 14, 2018, 05:22:59 am »
There are definitely games with heart n' soul (if that song just got stuck in your head, then you're welcome)

Crap

desocietas

« Reply #14575 on: October 15, 2018, 11:39:10 am »
Thought some folks here might be interested in this new collection from UNIQLO (clothing company): https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/ut-graphic-tees/the-game-by-namco-museum

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #14576 on: October 15, 2018, 11:47:25 am »
I love UNIQLO! Thanks for the update.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14577 on: October 15, 2018, 01:07:55 pm »
I really, really hope this Polymega thing works out. Because I really, really want an all-in-one disc-system for old-school CD-ROM systems, to play on my HD. My Retron 5 is very convenient, and a product like this would downsize a lot for me. I'm ready to get rid of my CRT and the multitude of consoles attached to it.

I could care less about the cartridge add-ons, since I have the Retron 5 (except maybe the TurboGrafx-16, I've always wanted that back in my collection again after my 1st one broke).

https://www.polymega.com/

« Reply #14578 on: October 15, 2018, 01:09:15 pm »
I'm still not convinced that it isn't a scam.

desocietas

« Reply #14579 on: October 15, 2018, 01:09:40 pm »
I love UNIQLO! Thanks for the update.

Yeah, I got one of their Nintendo shirts back when they were doing some of those, and I love it :)

(not a pic of me or by me but might as well be since I have the same hoodie, too, lol)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas