Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1527781 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14625 on: November 07, 2018, 12:05:17 pm »
On another forum, someone said something that really struck a nerve. It wasn't even about me, my family or my friends. It was just an ignorant statement that shows a complete lack of social awareness and common sense. I really, REALLY want to say something.

If the person saying it was just a quick passerby, then it wold have been said. But, this jackwagon is a regular and doesn't show any signs of going anywhere.

First world problems I know. But, still. Ugh, just...people.

desocietas

« Reply #14626 on: November 07, 2018, 12:25:15 pm »
On another forum, someone said something that really struck a nerve. It wasn't even about me, my family or my friends. It was just an ignorant statement that shows a complete lack of social awareness and common sense. I really, REALLY want to say something.

If the person saying it was just a quick passerby, then it wold have been said. But, this jackwagon is a regular and doesn't show any signs of going anywhere.

Ugh, I know what you mean. Sometimes I run into stuff like that, write up a huge long response but then decide to deleted it rather than post it. You want to try to act against negativity or teach someone a lesson, but sometimes the effort feels futile.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #14627 on: November 07, 2018, 12:56:15 pm »

Ugh, I know what you mean. Sometimes I run into stuff like that, write up a huge long response but then decide to deleted it rather than post it. You want to try to act against negativity or teach someone a lesson, but sometimes the effort feels futile.

That's exactly what I did. I had the response written up, but I just deleted it and moved on.

« Reply #14628 on: November 10, 2018, 01:50:44 am »
Well, after nearly a decade of firmly being a KOF > Street Fighter guy, I have officially flipped sides.

I've been playing a lot of 90s Street Fighter and KOF, particularly Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and KOF 98: UM, all which came out in 1998 and 1999. Both Street Fighter games are better, especially in gameplay which in fighting games matters the most. Even Super Street Fighter II, while not as pretty or flashy, has slightly better gameplay an balancing.

What strange times we live in.

kashell

« Reply #14629 on: November 10, 2018, 09:54:26 am »
I tried to get into King of Fighters, but couldn't get the controls down. The timing for everything was so damn strict.

I learned that it's not a good idea to get into multiple fighting franchises. Trying to mix Soul Caliber with Guilty Gear with Smash was confusing.

« Reply #14630 on: November 10, 2018, 11:09:08 am »
I tried to get into King of Fighters, but couldn't get the controls down. The timing for everything was so damn strict.

I learned that it's not a good idea to get into multiple fighting franchises. Trying to mix Soul Caliber with Guilty Gear with Smash was confusing.

Yeah, I was flipping between KOF, then Street Fighter and you can immediately feel how different it is. KOF is by no means bad, in fact it's definitely a great fighting game, there are just some really annoying gameplay issues that the Street Fighter games of that same time period addressed and are better for it.

sworddude

« Reply #14631 on: November 10, 2018, 12:19:01 pm »

Yeah, I was flipping between KOF, then Street Fighter and you can immediately feel how different it is. KOF is by no means bad, in fact it's definitely a great fighting game, there are just some really annoying gameplay issues that the Street Fighter games of that same time period addressed and are better for it.

you will always have two sides as far as these two franchises go and different opions with them flaws and good points in both series. Some like KOf more while others will always stick with street fighter and vice versa.

Personally I'm pretty sure that the newest collection released on the switch/ps4 of capcom with all them street fighter games including especially third strike with them extra online features makes the series allot more accesible while the KOf series while plenty of methods to play them don't have such an easy accesible release. Sure you can get some downloads with online features but not as a whole package like street fighter did with it's newest release.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #14632 on: November 10, 2018, 09:01:23 pm »

KOF is cool because it has such a unique roster. Next to Guilty Gear, it has one of my favorite casts in a fighting series. Which was the last entry you played?

Interestingly, people who play KOF have an advantage when playing as Slayer in GG. Apparently his inputs are so similar to KOF's engine.

« Reply #14633 on: November 10, 2018, 11:00:46 pm »

KOF is cool because it has such a unique roster. Next to Guilty Gear, it has one of my favorite casts in a fighting series. Which was the last entry you played?

Interestingly, people who play KOF have an advantage when playing as Slayer in GG. Apparently his inputs are so similar to KOF's engine.

The last one I played was KOF98:UM, which might be my favorite, although that might not be true anymore. I really enjoyed KOF14 and remember KOF13 being excellent as well, and would be really interested if I liked those games more than the more modern Street Fighter games. At least in terms of older Street Fighter and KOF titles, I prefer Street Fighter.

soera

« Reply #14634 on: November 11, 2018, 05:12:45 am »
Ummmm MK > all that non block button crap. End!

« Reply #14635 on: November 16, 2018, 03:58:23 am »
I wonder if Sony canceling both their PSX show and E3 conference means they are building up for a Playstation 5 reveal at PSX next year?  They still have games to promote and release like Days Gone, Last of Us 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, but they can do that at anytime, so it sorta makes sense to keep a low profile so that they can announce the PS5 after these games are out to not undercut them. 

The hypest thing they could do would be to show off the look of the PS5, a date of 2020 for the release, and then announce like Bloodborne 2 as a launch title.  They really need a better launch than the PS4 did.

rayne315

« Reply #14636 on: November 16, 2018, 03:46:41 pm »
I though best buys gamer club unlocked was a 1 year program? I haven't been back since when I thought it expired (back in may) but I went there last night to pick up spyro for my wife and found out that my perks are still active. am I just lucky and they forgot to cancel mine or is it a 2 year program?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14637 on: November 16, 2018, 05:12:19 pm »
I though best buys gamer club unlocked was a 1 year program? I haven't been back since when I thought it expired (back in may) but I went there last night to pick up spyro for my wife and found out that my perks are still active. am I just lucky and they forgot to cancel mine or is it a 2 year program?

Yeah it's 2 years, which is why it was such a good program for the cost.

desocietas

« Reply #14638 on: November 16, 2018, 08:20:33 pm »

Yeah it's 2 years, which is why it was such a good program for the cost.

Yup! Make use of it while you can!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14639 on: November 17, 2018, 04:11:13 pm »
Mine expired within days of the announcement.  I was not pleased. :(