Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1533992 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14835 on: September 04, 2019, 09:34:05 am »
Personally I've never really found myself to be a collector.  I'm a gamer first and foremost.  If the game plays, I'm happy enough.  Don't get me wrong, I try to get as good condition as I can, but I'm super frugal and stretch my dollar as best I can, so I'll gladly take saving $10-15 and get a secondhand copy as long as it plays and isn't in disgusting condition.

https://vgcollect.com/Ignition365

Hoarding is completely different than collecting... right?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14836 on: September 04, 2019, 12:48:25 pm »
Personally I've never really found myself to be a collector.  I'm a gamer first and foremost.  If the game plays, I'm happy enough.  Don't get me wrong, I try to get as good condition as I can, but I'm super frugal and stretch my dollar as best I can, so I'll gladly take saving $10-15 and get a secondhand copy as long as it plays and isn't in disgusting condition.

Depends on who you ask, the hoarder or the collector  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14837 on: September 05, 2019, 07:44:53 pm »

If your stuff is organized, you’re a collector.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  ;)

azure

« Reply #14838 on: September 05, 2019, 07:56:44 pm »

>If your stuff is organized, you’re a collector.

Aye.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14839 on: September 05, 2019, 08:01:41 pm »
Only 10 pages to go to 1000.  ;)

telly

« Reply #14840 on: September 05, 2019, 09:39:57 pm »
I have my settings different so I'm only seeing page 594 O.o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14841 on: September 06, 2019, 08:33:30 am »

I mean, define organized.  If I've got 3 games and they are on a shelf in alphabetical order, does that make me a collector?

I've got roughly 6,000 games... Most are on shelves and "organized" but a bit of it is just in stacks or stuffed places.

kashell

« Reply #14842 on: September 06, 2019, 08:57:47 am »
The new Trials of Mana has a release date for next April. e.e

EXCITE.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14843 on: September 07, 2019, 09:08:13 pm »

I mean, define organized.  If I've got 3 games and they are on a shelf in alphabetical order, does that make me a collector?

I've got roughly 6,000 games... Most are on shelves and "organized" but a bit of it is just in stacks or stuffed places.

All I'm saying is if you've got 6k games and you don't consider yourself to be a collector, then damn. You must eat, sleep, and breathe video games.

« Reply #14844 on: September 08, 2019, 11:04:57 pm »

All I'm saying is if you've got 6k games and you don't consider yourself to be a collector, then damn. You must eat, sleep, and breathe video games.

Exactly.  I don’t even have 1K and I’d say lean more to the collector side, despite the fact that I play everyday.

kashell

« Reply #14845 on: September 09, 2019, 08:25:00 am »
Happy Dreamcast Day.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14846 on: September 09, 2019, 10:24:07 am »
Happy Dreamcast Day.

Happy Dreamcast Day to you too, sir!

sworddude

« Reply #14847 on: September 15, 2019, 06:51:15 am »

Exactly.  I don’t even have 1K and I’d say lean more to the collector side, despite the fact that I play everyday.

He could be a store, the guy that keeps them games from others in his house for safe keeping, a videogame rental store, small museum a hoarder you name it. having many games does not always mean one is a collector there are so many things one can be when you have a ton of games  ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #14848 on: September 15, 2019, 10:16:58 pm »
Post #666

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14849 on: September 17, 2019, 04:23:33 pm »
Post #666

Legit the spookiest concert I’ve ever been to. I felt like I needed to go to church IMMEDIATELY!