Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532742 times)

azure

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15180 on: May 18, 2020, 01:22:44 am »
I have been messing with the PC Engine mini a bit, I really like it. As someone who will never bother owning any PCE/TG16 games physically this is a great option for me. The STGs are really good, looking forward to the exploits to load up other games on it I find interesting.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15181 on: May 18, 2020, 11:16:47 pm »
I have been messing with the PC Engine mini a bit, I really like it. As someone who will never bother owning any PCE/TG16 games physically this is a great option for me. The STGs are really good, looking forward to the exploits to load up other games on it I find interesting.

I can’t wait to play with it. I have ZERO experience with the TG16. I do love Bonk on the NES though. I’m ready.
I’ll also be putting more games on it. Where’s Bonk 3?

« Reply #15182 on: May 20, 2020, 12:56:00 am »
I saw a video on the Turbo Graphics Mini/ PC Engine Mini and it' don't look  like I want one at this point, the games look boring to me, I never was a 16 bit video game fan.

I'm not going to bite at this today for sure, them TG games look boring compared to what I have currently

I'll just say this, I've seen many many compilation consoles in my life. I owned a ton of them myself, but I can find games just like on the TG mini just fine,

I might cave in and buy one but, I am just not interested in buying this since I have a bunch of other games that look more fun than. What i saw in this YouTube review of all the games and how they play.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:05:43 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #15183 on: May 20, 2020, 09:57:57 am »
I saw a video on the Turbo Graphics Mini/ PC Engine Mini and it' don't look  like I want one at this point, the games look boring to me, I never was a 16 bit video game fan.
I'm not going to bite at this today for sure, them TG games look boring compared to what I have currently
I'll just say this, I've seen many many compilation consoles in my life. I owned a ton of them myself, but I can find games just like on the TG mini just fine,
I might cave in and buy one but, I am just not interested in buying this since I have a bunch of other games that look more fun than. What i saw in this YouTube review of all the games and how they play.

JFC. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and DON'T try to acquire one of these. That's one more unit that will go to someone who'd actually appreciate it. It blows my mind that you watched a YouTube video and found what you watched as "boring". LOL...Boring! Hell, Rondo of Blood and Ys Book I&II have a bazillion times more playability to them than any of those damn Tiger Woods games you're constantly posting about. I mean, I didn't exactly consider your opinion on things high to begin with but you managed to lower the bar farther than I thought possible.

Also, you talk about owning a ton of compilation consoles...a ton as in the what...the 5 or 6 that are out there? There's NES/Fam, SNES/SFam, Genesis/MD, and now the TG/PCE. I'll throw you a bone and include Atari Flashbacks and the Intellivision/Coleco counterparts. That brings us to what...7? That's tons?  :P Maybe you're lumping in those HK knock-offs they sold at mall kiosks...I *guess* there are tons of those...

Again. Save your $$$. Can't have you suffering from buyer's remorse or something though it's kind of dumbfounding that you repeatedly mention how boring the games look yet still talk about caving to buy one. I'd hate to see your impulse control on something that truly excites you.  ::)

kashell

« Reply #15184 on: May 20, 2020, 11:10:53 am »
I keep forgetting that it's a three-day weekend this weekend. Quarantine tends to make one lose track of time.

« Reply #15185 on: May 20, 2020, 11:53:05 am »
I keep forgetting that it's a three-day weekend this weekend. Quarantine tends to make one lose track of time.

It's relatively early in the month for Memorial Day, too.  That's what is getting me.

« Reply #15186 on: May 20, 2020, 09:01:02 pm »

JFC. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and DON'T try to acquire one of these. That's one more unit that will go to someone who'd actually appreciate it. It blows my mind that you watched a YouTube video and found what you watched as "boring". LOL...Boring! Hell, Rondo of Blood and Ys Book I&II have a bazillion times more playability to them than any of those damn Tiger Woods games you're constantly posting about. I mean, I didn't exactly consider your opinion on things high to begin with but you managed to lower the bar farther than I thought possible.

Also, you talk about owning a ton of compilation consoles...a ton as in the what...the 5 or 6 that are out there? There's NES/Fam, SNES/SFam, Genesis/MD, and now the TG/PCE. I'll throw you a bone and include Atari Flashbacks and the Intellivision/Coleco counterparts. That brings us to what...7? That's tons?  :P Maybe you're lumping in those HK knock-offs they sold at mall kiosks...I *guess* there are tons of those...

Again. Save your $$$. Can't have you suffering from buyer's remorse or something though it's kind of dumbfounding that you repeatedly mention how boring the games look yet still talk about caving to buy one. I'd hate to see your impulse control on something that truly excites you.  ::)

Anyway I hope you enjoy the Turbo Graphics 16, and I'll take your advice. I'm not buying one. I like easy video games, and I'm just not a fan or shoot em ups, platformers and so on. I never expected to get yelled at for my post but, it's ok.

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #15187 on: May 21, 2020, 08:33:14 am »
Anyway I hope you enjoy the Turbo Graphics 16, and I'll take your advice. I'm not buying one. I like easy video games, and I'm just not a fan or shoot em ups, platformers and so on. I never expected to get yelled at for my post but, it's ok.

If you're conflating me calling out parts of your post to "yelling" then I shudder to imagine how you handle the real world. I made sure to quote your reply that time so you couldn't magically go back and delete out your response because the replies weren't to your liking.

I grew up with the Turbografx-16 (this is the correct spelling btw  ;)) all the way up through the death throes of the Turbo Duo. It's my 2nd favorite system behind the Sega Saturn so I get a little defensive because it never got the spotlight it deserved in North America (neither did the Saturn but then both Sega and NEC had their fair share of f-ups that caused their console hardware exit). Hell, I think the only other person who has anything TG16/PCE listed in their collections over the last couple of pages is ignition365 (and I just looked...soera has 1 game as well). Small club to say the least.

Basically the emphasis is this...I see someone like turf post where he can't wait to play some of these games because he never had a chance to before and I'm tickled pink at how excited he is to get one. Subsequent posts by others are in a similar state of excitement and it's nice to see the console (even in a rombox variation) finally get the loving it deserves (the only downside being it'll make real deal games skyrocket to "lottery funds needed" levels  :-[). Then you come along and write four lines shitting on it by calling it "boring", how you have better, you can find better and you aren't even a 16-bit fan anyway.

Your hobnobbing between trashing it and sliding back to "Well I might get one" was somewhat exhausting. At least for the time being you've picked a lane and won't get one anytime soon. That's not to say you CAN'T ever get one...your money is yours to do as you please but I would think it'd be rather odd that you spent the time & effort to essentially dismiss it and then up getting one.  ???

By all means, keep enjoying those Tiger Woods games you're always posting about. Different strokes for different folks and what not.  8)

« Reply #15188 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:22 am »
I haven't cancelled my preorder, but I've been pondering it.  $100 for it is a lot of money in general.  I think that's even a good chunk towards something like the Super SD System 3 or in general more than the Turbo Everdrive.

I'm super interested in giving the TG16 library a go, but I just don't know if this mini device is the way to go about it for me.

« Reply #15189 on: May 21, 2020, 08:47:51 am »
I come to realize I got too many games already, my back log is too big

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #15190 on: May 21, 2020, 08:51:37 am »
I haven't cancelled my preorder, but I've been pondering it.  $100 for it is a lot of money in general.  I think that's even a good chunk towards something like the Super SD System 3 or in general more than the Turbo Everdrive.

I'm super interested in giving the TG16 library a go, but I just don't know if this mini device is the way to go about it for me.

I waffled for a bit, but I've got a feeling that it may be hard to find in the future - especially with being a Amazon exclusive of a pretty niche console.  That on top of what so many others have said, there are several games I'm excited to play for the first time.  Plus I just got my TrumpBux, so I figured why not?

telly

« Reply #15191 on: May 21, 2020, 08:52:19 am »

I waffled for a bit, but I've got a feeling that it may be hard to find in the future - especially with being a Amazon exclusive of a pretty niche console.  That on top of what so many others have said, there are several games I'm excited to play for the first time.  Plus I just got my TrumpBux, so I figured why not?

I'm cashing in my check today  8)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #15192 on: May 21, 2020, 10:00:47 am »

It does seem like it's about $25 too high compared to it's counterparts/competition. Still...I have willingly paid as much or more for worse (*hack**cough*Duke Nukem Forever CE*cough**wheeze*) but it would be nice to get it for closer to $70-80. That's what I paid for the Neo-Geo Mini last year (though that just recently was on Amazon for $30.  :-*).

I've pondered the Turbo Everdrive/Super SD System3 but anytime I've looked, they've been sold out/unavailable. Granted, I wasn't looking TOO hard.  ;)

I must've forgot they were Amazon exclusive. No wonder they didn't come up on GameStop's website.  :P Well, they may not have the TG16 Mini but they do have the exclusive PURPLE variant of the Intellivision Amico!!!!1!!  ;D

Also, I know we're supposed to ixnay on the polititalk but I loathe how that term TrumpBux/Trump Bucks caught on. I saw someone post on FB how they were glad Obama wasn't president because he wasn't a billionaire who could afford paying out for this stimulus; insinuating that the funds were coming directly out of Trump's pocket.  ::)  It's OUR money we're giving back to ourselves!  :o There's NO such thing as Government funded...well, that is to say it's technically shorthand for "Government enabled because of taxpayer funded allocations."  :P

« Reply #15193 on: May 22, 2020, 10:26:58 am »
Also, I know we're supposed to ixnay on the polititalk but I loathe how that term TrumpBux/Trump Bucks caught on. I saw someone post on FB how they were glad Obama wasn't president because he wasn't a billionaire who could afford paying out for this stimulus; insinuating that the funds were coming directly out of Trump's pocket.  ::)  It's OUR money we're giving back to ourselves!  :o There's NO such thing as Government funded...well, that is to say it's technically shorthand for "Government enabled because of taxpayer funded allocations."  :P

To avoid getting any further into it, I am not being complimentary when I use that term.

mark1982

« Reply #15194 on: May 22, 2020, 11:46:02 am »
Just wanna chime in and say the Turbografx / PC Engine and their CD counterparts is one hell of a experience. Some of the best classic games are in there imo. The list available in the mini has so many gems that I enjoyed playing, I mainly know them from their pc engine names.

- Gunhed
- Castlevania: Rondo
- Dungeon Explorer
- Winds of Thunder!! Please play this!
- Neutopia Series
- Salamander
- Soldier Blade & Super Star Soldier!!
- Spriggan Series
- Ys Book I & II

There are a few games not on the mini that I’m scratching my head over that didn’t make the final cut TBH. Legendary Axe games, Keith Courage, Violent Soldier to name a few. I probably won’t get one right away since I have most of the games. But if you’re interested in getting one, please don’t skip it! ;D
  l    l