Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532534 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15465 on: December 01, 2020, 02:24:28 pm »
What's the deal with BF video game deals this year? It's like every ad was for many of the same titles we've seen across these sales over the past 4 years. How many times can they put Rabbids Kingdom on sale? They're still printing more copies that game? What a world.

I only picked up Trials of Mana and Slide Stars. Was very shocked to see Trials on sale. That game disappeared from retail shelves about as soon as it came out.

You'da thought Nintendo gave Ubisoft the keys to the castle with that Mario/Rabbids game. They're going to milk the ever-loving hell out of that till the end of time. Given how obstinate Nintendo is with the properties, you'd think they'd be a little more firm gripped on the leash for fear of brand dilution. I mean I consistently see that game going for $20 every time there's a major sale/holiday and it's been out almost three years now?

As for BF, I went a little overboard but that's usually the case. I was able to snap up quite a few first party Nintendo releases for $25-30 each and outside of those I tried to limit myself to only getting games in the $10-20 range. The only problem was there was A LOT of games marked down to that price.  :P

Didn't do much for Cyber Monday, ordered a Bayonetta/Vanquish for XB1 from Best Buy and it said I'd have it by the 3rd but it has yet to show even being shipped. It's Gamestop all over again! (at least I finally got the refund for that order fiasco finally).

« Reply #15466 on: December 03, 2020, 08:53:49 pm »
Random site question - is there anyway to see the private messages you've sent?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15467 on: December 03, 2020, 08:57:51 pm »
Random site question - is there anyway to see the private messages you've sent?
You can see your conversations in the “My Messages” thing

« Reply #15468 on: December 03, 2020, 10:29:23 pm »
It only shows what I have received, not what I've sent.

I see now there is a "Save Message to Outbox" option when composing, which I don't think I've ever done, but I also don't see an outbox.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:31:59 pm by Cartagia »

kashell

« Reply #15469 on: December 04, 2020, 07:10:29 am »
Try this:

My Messages > Messages > Sent Items

« Reply #15470 on: December 04, 2020, 02:50:35 pm »
I figured it out.  The side menu on the left was collapsed and the button to expand it was tiny and on the right side.  I still don't have anything in the my Outbox, cause I didn't save anything but I found it  ;D

pzeke

« Reply #15471 on: December 04, 2020, 02:53:06 pm »
A remaster of my favorite game of all time has been announced for next summer!

https://youtu.be/snoSD4RpRqU

Wow, that's a remaster? I think I've seen mobile games that look better than that...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

pzeke

« Reply #15472 on: December 09, 2020, 02:26:39 pm »

Wow, that's a remaster? I think I've seen mobile games that look better than that...

Still true.

By the way, this is already a month old, but I'm slightly surprised nobody mentioned it here.

Also, this...

Top-notch parenting skills. Ahead of the curve.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

telly

« Reply #15473 on: December 09, 2020, 03:39:33 pm »

Still true.

Uh... no one replied to you? It's just an HD remaster of the PS1 game, and I'd say it looks pretty faithful to the original.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #15474 on: December 09, 2020, 03:45:39 pm »

Still true.

Uh... no one replied to you? It's just an HD remaster of the PS1 game, and I'd say it looks pretty faithful to the original.

Agreed.  Remaster =/= remake.

pzeke

« Reply #15475 on: December 09, 2020, 07:12:03 pm »

Still true.

No shit.

Seriously, of my entire post that inconsequential comment is what you zero in on?

Hook, line, and sinker, I guess.  (◔_◔)

telly

« Reply #15476 on: December 09, 2020, 08:32:31 pm »

Still true.

No shit.

Seriously, of my entire post that inconsequential comment is what you zero in on?

Hook, line, and sinker, I guess.  (◔_◔)

Oh yeah sure, "no shit". Like clearly you're just making a joke  and we're all supposed to be able to read your mind to that effect. Give me a fucking break man.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15477 on: December 09, 2020, 08:40:25 pm »
So it's not just me? He's an asshole to everyone? Good to know.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15478 on: December 10, 2020, 01:11:12 am »
It's just pzeke's brand of trolling, he's the hard-ass variety. Lest you forget the art of trolling is not constrained to merely posting idiotic topics about the stock market until everyone else gets pissed, it's also good ole fashion bickering and flaming. Lots of forums have these. Gives everyone a hard time whenever he catches em slippin' up and likes a good spat. I don't think he means any harm, but his rep is his pride he's not gonna go soft. You gotta roll with the sick burns and spar with him a bit, just never take it personally. He's laughing when you guys get too defensive as it's all part of the dance.

I think pzeke is alright, just keep in mind that he does bite and will go out of his way to sickly burn you. He's got me few times, but I'm onto him. I'ma catch him slipping. He's over here talking to himself and calling it an inconsequential part of his comment. It's absolute lunacy. That remaster is obviously stellar and mind-blowing in every way, and he can't handle facts. It was pre-rendered graphics, maybe he was expecting... um uh... Skyrim?

On that note, I've never actually seen game-play of Saga Frontier before. That's... not how I pictured it. I was imaging more of an early polygon type affair, e.g. Final Fantasy VII?

kashell

« Reply #15479 on: December 10, 2020, 08:28:46 am »
I understand that trolls are gonna troll, but behavior like that would seem more fitting somewhere like reddit. Here, you quickly recognize posting habits and how folks treat one another since the forum is so small. This wasn't the first time he acted this way and it I'm sure it won't be the last.

As for his double-post, it's more confusing than anything else to me. Unless he was really adamant about getting under my skin? I definitely raised an eyebrow when I saw him quoting himself. When I see a game that doesn't look like fun to me I typically think to myself, “Nah – not my thing” and move on. I certainly can't remember the last time I commented on how a game's graphics were weak. But playing a game just for its graphics would be like watching a p0rn for its story.

Granted, the game is still a looker: prerendered graphics and over the top attacks for days. I'm thrilled for this remaster and excited about its new features, crisper graphics included.