Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532819 times)

pzeke

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15480 on: December 10, 2020, 09:53:20 am »
I debated whether replying to this or not, but meh; I already wrote my replies, so, whatever...

Oh yeah sure, "no shit". Like clearly you're just making a joke  and we're all supposed to be able to read your mind to that effect. Give me a fucking break man.

Ooh, I made telly say a bad word.

Quip aside, yes, "no shit"; at the time I completely forgot I was the last one that made a comment here when I came to make my post, and ended up checking the link for the trailer again just for kicks and simply replied to myself given I still wasn't "wowed" by what I saw. Little did I know such a silly, and thereby inconsequential comment would spark some fee-fees up. You have opinions, right? I'm allowed to have them, too, no?

Sheesh, the fact I have to even explain myself...

So it's not just me? He's an asshole to everyone? Good to know.

Well, they say opinions are like assholes...

I'm more of a hemorrhoid myself.

I understand that trolls are gonna troll, but behavior like that would seem more fitting somewhere like reddit. Here, you quickly recognize posting habits and how folks treat one another since the forum is so small. This wasn't the first time he acted this way and it I'm sure it won't be the last.

As for his double-post, it's more confusing than anything else to me. Unless he was really adamant about getting under my skin? I definitely raised an eyebrow when I saw him quoting himself. [...]

Bummer, and here I was going to give my kudos to you for not batting an eyelash toward my original post and the entirety of this damfool exchange, yet you end up doing just that. I wasn't trying to get "under your skin" or anything of the sort, it was just a comment, an opinion, which many of you here like to preach on about. End of. I already explained myself to telly the why of my "double-post", so take that however you want.

On that note, some of you really need to loosen up and stop taking crap so personally, especially when what was said wasn't ill-intentioned. For crying out load, it's a freaking video game! I mean, I might as well end this by saying "it's the goddamned Internet, so be like freaking water", but I'm sure y'all are more than likely going to turn that on me and be like, "that's what a troll would say, eyup". Now, let's derail this thread some more with needless arguments because why not. That's what the Internet is all about, right?

Two worthwhile pieces of conversation that I posted overshadowed by a petty squabble. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I've got holes to fill, see y'all at six.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

telly

« Reply #15481 on: December 10, 2020, 10:40:47 am »
Oh yeah sure, "no shit". Like clearly you're just making a joke  and we're all supposed to be able to read your mind to that effect. Give me a fucking break man.

Ooh, I made telly say a bad word.

Quip aside, yes, "no shit"; at the time I completely forgot I was the last one that made a comment here when I came to make my post, and ended up checking the link for the trailer again just for kicks and simply replied to myself given I still wasn't "wowed" by what I saw. Little did I know such a silly, and thereby inconsequential comment would spark some fee-fees up. You have opinions, right? I'm allowed to have them, too, no?

Sheesh, the fact I have to even explain myself...

All I did in my post was ask for clarification and give my own opinion. Why didn't you instead clarify with what you just wrote above instead of being patronizing? Could've avoided this whole thing.  ::)

And now I'm even more confused haha. Were you actually trying to post an honest conversation all along or are you just trolling like other people have assumed? Now you're not being consistent.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #15482 on: December 10, 2020, 11:01:43 am »
Anyway, I've got holes to fill, see y'all at six.

Pzeke works as an undertaker. It's no wonder his mood is always so foul - he's reminded daily how life is suffering and loss, and then he has to come home and put up with the unbounded hypocrisy of the VGC community.... and all without so much as a Snickers.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:06:18 pm by Warmsignal »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15483 on: December 10, 2020, 11:58:26 am »
You were going to give him kudos for not responding to the shit you started?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15484 on: December 10, 2020, 12:00:39 pm »
The console scamming has gotten so out of control there was a report on ABC News about it.

So then what is the point of anti-scalping laws if they don't enforce them?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:12:31 pm by burningdoom »

tripredacus

« Reply #15485 on: December 10, 2020, 12:14:11 pm »
I saw a PS5 sold on Ebay Italy for $2 with $12,000 shipping.

pzeke

« Reply #15486 on: December 10, 2020, 02:39:08 pm »
All I did in my post was ask for clarification and give my own opinion. Why didn't you instead clarify with what you just wrote above instead of being patronizing? Could've avoided this whole thing.  ::)

And now I'm even more confused haha. Were you actually trying to post an honest conversation all along or are you just trolling like other people have assumed? Now you're not being consistent.

Well, I clarified it. Your reply was snotty, too, so whether I was patronizing to you or not has no relevance. We're even stevens now, as they say.

And look, feel free to question the intent of my post, it truly makes no difference; you believe—or assume—whatever you wish to believe, as you're entitled to; I'm well aware not everyone is going to like me, I'm not a one hundred dollar bill after all. In the end, I don't know any of you, and I don't owe any of you anything for me to sit here and feel sorry, much less at fault because something I said was misread and entirely misconstrued.

Pzeke works as an undertaker. It's no wonder his mood is always so foul - he's reminded daily how life is suffering and loss, and then he has to come home and put up with the unbounded hypocrisy of the VGC community.... and all without so much as a Snickers.

That was weak. But nice effort

You were going to give him kudos for not responding to the shit you started?

For not behaving like a child, which I believe you're more than familiar with.

The console scamming has gotten so out of control there was a report on ABC News about it.

So then what is the point of anti-scalping laws if they don't enforce them?

There's no actual law against scalping. I mean, if you want to get technical, then there are a few states that do happen to forbid the practice in some fashion, but this is mainly for ticket scalping, and in the end they do more harm than they do good.

But hey, let's complain about scalping while living in a capitalist society. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Either way, launch is the worst time to buy a console.

I saw a PS5 sold on Ebay Italy for $2 with $12,000 shipping.

Well, the joke's on them since they're still expected to pay FVFs for the shipping if they make the sale. The operative word being "expected" since most of these people tend to bail once they make their sale, which is one of the reasons eBay is changing to their Managed Payment program.

In all honesty, though, who in the actual hell buys an item for $2 with a shipping of $12,000? Only a mongoloid would fall for that.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15487 on: December 10, 2020, 03:20:18 pm »
Dig that hole deeper, lol.

telly

« Reply #15488 on: December 10, 2020, 03:42:56 pm »

Well, I clarified it. Your reply was snotty, too, so whether I was patronizing to you or not has no relevance. We're even stevens now, as they say.

And look, feel free to question the intent of my post, it truly makes no difference; you believe—or assume—whatever you wish to believe, as you're entitled to; I'm well aware not everyone is going to like me, I'm not a one hundred dollar bill after all. In the end, I don't know any of you, and I don't owe any of you anything for me to sit here and feel sorry, much less at fault because something I said was misread and entirely misconstrued.

Well I certainly agree that it doesn't make any difference at this point because you're at fault for being a troll either way. This might be just me, but I'd at least take SOME consideration of how I interact with people on the forum when multiple people called me a troll and/or an ass. Just my 2c.

I also find it amusing how the one claiming petty squabble is still here squabbling pettily with all of us. ;) That's community dedication right there!
Currently Playing:

« Reply #15489 on: December 10, 2020, 04:05:54 pm »
Somehow I got lucky and snagged both consoles. PS5 from Sony themselves the day of launch and Series X from Walmart the night before Thanksgiving. Didnt have to leave the house for either. Paying scalping prices is stupid but so are the people who are buying said prices and encouraging it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15490 on: December 10, 2020, 04:10:25 pm »
Ordered two games on BF. One was shipped via UPS, the other USPS. Guess which one got here two days later, and which one STILL isn't here?

« Reply #15491 on: December 10, 2020, 04:42:20 pm »
Ordered two games on BF. One was shipped via UPS, the other USPS. Guess which one got here two days later, and which one STILL isn't here?

UPS arrived and USPS has yet to arrive.

pzeke

« Reply #15492 on: December 10, 2020, 06:48:23 pm »
Well I certainly agree that it doesn't make any difference at this point because you're at fault for being a troll either way. This might be just me, but I'd at least take SOME consideration of how I interact with people on the forum when multiple people called me a troll and/or an ass. Just my 2c.

I'm already the villain in this picture, so whatever I say won't make a difference, but I surely have been considerate when interacting with others on this forum, including you until just now, and even with people I don't like, so saying otherwise is quite disingenuous. Can I be an asshole from time to time? Sure, I've no problem whatsoever admitting it; but don't expect any less if you stir the pot.

This juncture in which we've found ourselves was blown way out of proportion...like at a nuclear level. But it is what it is...

I also find it amusing how the one claiming petty squabble is still here squabbling pettily with all of us. ;) That's community dedication right there!

I can certainly say the same exact thing.

Anyway. this was a hoot, but I'm done.

[...] Paying scalping prices is stupid but so are the people who are buying said prices and encouraging it.

You can say that again.

You do know in the current situation we're in right now, right?

telly

« Reply #15493 on: December 10, 2020, 07:07:01 pm »

I can certainly say the same exact thing.

Anyway. this was a hoot, but I'm done.

Right there with ya haha :)
Currently Playing:

Warmsignal

« Reply #15494 on: December 10, 2020, 07:48:19 pm »

You do know in the current situation we're in right now, right?

This is par for the course. Hence, an easy guess, any year of the century.