Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517607 times)

aliensstudios

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15975 on: October 25, 2021, 06:22:35 pm »
Toys R Us set to return inside Macy's stores in 2022. I just hope its not at Macy's prices:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/08/20/toys-r-us-is-returning-in-2022-in-more-than-400-macys-stores/%3foutputType=amp
Kind of neat. I remember circa 19-20 years ago we used to be able to bicycle to the mall, Toys R Us and Dairy Queen from our house. I went to Toys R Us when it was being cleared out a couple of years ago and I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't buy any of the amiibo they were selling for five bucks a pop which are now maybe 9 to 10x the price. I've just never been minded to buy an extra of something I already have.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15976 on: October 26, 2021, 11:28:13 am »
I never got into the MMO scene. I understand the appeal, but the time sink...yikes.
Yeah, that’s me too. I get it, it’s just not for me.
I don’t play anything online. I play games to relax, and playing with a bunch of strangers does not sound relaxing to me :)

Years ago I did briefly try online play, with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on my PS3. I played 4 online matches and immediately thought “OK, that’s enough”. But at that time online PvP with PS3 was free. Now I think using PS4 I would have to pay, and it’s not worth it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15977 on: October 27, 2021, 01:40:40 pm »
Quick game collector's rant of the day: If you're selling a pricey or expensive game online, do the buyer the courtesy of sending it via a first-rate and at least insured, method of shipping. Not Media Mail. I can sort get doing that if it's something the seller sold cheap, and they're not making much of anything off of the sale. But if they make a decent chunk of change off of it, they can afford to ship it proper and for the buyer's sake, should.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15978 on: October 27, 2021, 02:19:10 pm »
Quick game collector's rant of the day: If you're selling a pricey or expensive game online, do the buyer the courtesy of sending it via a first-rate and at least insured, method of shipping. Not Media Mail. I can sort get doing that if it's something the seller sold cheap, and they're not making much of anything off of the sale. But if they make a decent chunk of change off of it, they can afford to ship it proper and for the buyer's sake, should.

If a buyer expects that, they should communicate that. A seller is trying to make the most profit they can. And if it's on eBay, its listed what they ship it with.

« Reply #15979 on: October 27, 2021, 03:26:47 pm »

If a buyer expects that, they should communicate that. A seller is trying to make the most profit they can. And if it's on eBay, its listed what they ship it with.
No, no one should be shipping games media mail.  USPS explicitly states that video games are not eligible for media mail.

Also, regarding ebay, I see very frequently sellers listing items with non-descript shipping method or they list one thing and then ship another.  That's still on the seller.  Also, ebay does let sellers list media mail for items sold in the video games category and they really shouldn't be allowing that, but that's on ebay.

Also, it's on the seller to provide proof of delivery and insure the package and all that stuff.  Until the product arrives in the buyers hands, it is on the seller to protect the product.  Normally sellers charge for such things, but that's on the seller to charge for it or accept the risk.  That's why that stuff doesn't fly where sellers say "buy at your own risk, shipped untracked/uninsured" because you can say what you want, but it doesn't mean anything against paypal/ebay/chargebacks/etc.  CYA or accept the risk.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:28:24 pm by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15980 on: October 27, 2021, 04:00:34 pm »
Media Mail rules include : "Computer readible material". That sounds like video games to me.

https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

As for sellers that list one mailing service, then use another; yeah, that's shady. I'd report that.

And I would never buy anything that says "buy at your own risk". That's almost a guarantee something is gonna go wrong.

tripredacus

« Reply #15981 on: October 27, 2021, 05:10:01 pm »
When I used to use my old drop address, the PO for that area followed the letter of the rules. They do not look at the rules and say "well it doesn't say it isn't" like we do. They specifically stated to me that video games are not educational which is what their sticking point was. I had to go talk to them because they had left a postage due note when an Ebay seller had shipped a boxed computer game via media mail. I'm thinking that PO must have got caught on an audit or something because at that point in time they were inspecting every piece of media mail that would come into there.

And if it's on eBay, its listed what they ship it with.

This isn't always the case. Sometimes a listing says one thing, but a different ship method appears on the invoice. I've seen this happen a few times where people would list First Class on the listing and then have a different method on the invoice.

« Reply #15982 on: October 28, 2021, 08:51:30 am »
Media Mail rules include : "Computer readible material". That sounds like video games to me.

As for sellers that list one mailing service, then use another; yeah, that's shady. I'd report that.

And I would never buy anything that says "buy at your own risk". That's almost a guarantee something is gonna go wrong.
You're explicitly picking and choosing words rather than reading the whole statement. 

Regardless

https://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-334.htm

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15983 on: October 28, 2021, 11:04:42 am »

You're explicitly picking and choosing words rather than reading the whole statement. 

Regardless

https://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-334.htm

Well alright then. So it is. Nobody has ever told me no on video games as long as I've done it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:47:15 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15984 on: October 28, 2021, 02:10:41 pm »
General opinion be damned! Castlevania II: Simon's Quest was a great game! Metroidvania before the term existed.

« Reply #15985 on: October 28, 2021, 02:43:31 pm »
It's the one OG CV I haven't played yet, and I've generally heard that once you can get past the obtuseness that its perfectly servicable.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15986 on: October 31, 2021, 11:33:17 pm »
Happy Halloween!

telly

« Reply #15987 on: November 01, 2021, 09:00:41 am »
Hope everyone one had a nice Halloween! :) We celebrated with some hot cocoa and Halloween cookies and the first Scream movie.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15988 on: November 01, 2021, 02:16:49 pm »
The motorcycle was the oddest addition to a Zelda game ever (Breath of the Wild).

« Reply #15989 on: November 01, 2021, 03:59:39 pm »
The motorcycle was the oddest addition to a Zelda game ever (Breath of the Wild).
It certainly was an interesting choice.