Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532727 times)

aliensstudios

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16200 on: August 18, 2022, 08:22:17 pm »
Looks like my copy of Requiem finally shipped today
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kashell

« Reply #16201 on: August 18, 2022, 11:14:02 pm »
Same. Finally!

telly

« Reply #16202 on: August 19, 2022, 10:02:57 am »
Mine did as well! Excited to play Symphony of the Night again  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #16203 on: August 19, 2022, 08:29:57 pm »
Mines shipped today. About time.

conduit

« Reply #16204 on: August 20, 2022, 02:58:27 pm »
Beat Metal Gear Solid for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it, wish I played it sooner. Doing a play through on Extreme difficulty now and hope to have it 100%'d by next Sunday.

I want to play through the RE games in chronological order too, expect Resident Evil Zero is an absolute chore to play with the constant backtracking, haven't been in the mood to tackle it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16205 on: August 20, 2022, 04:30:34 pm »
Beat Metal Gear Solid for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it, wish I played it sooner. Doing a play through on Extreme difficulty now and hope to have it 100%'d by next Sunday.

I want to play through the RE games in chronological order too, expect Resident Evil Zero is an absolute chore to play with the constant backtracking, haven't been in the mood to tackle it.

MGS is a great experience, but not one I'm keen on revisiting again due to the lengthy dialogue and cutscenes.

The backtracking in Zero was no different than in 1-3 and Code Veronica. It was just part of the old-school RE formula.

conduit

« Reply #16206 on: August 21, 2022, 10:20:22 pm »
MGS is a great experience, but not one I'm keen on revisiting again due to the lengthy dialogue and cutscenes.

The backtracking in Zero was no different than in 1-3 and Code Veronica. It was just part of the old-school RE formula.

Right now I'm stuck on the Greyfox fight with a sliver of health. Been reading up on walkthroughs and watching videos to help formulate a strategy. Found one the works, just have to do better executing it.

I'm perfectly fine with backtracking as long as it's handled well, which RE0 doesn't do. You're forced to drop excess items on the ground and plot routes to transport them across entire sections of the game. It happens infrequently, thankfully, but the lack of a traditional item box bogs down the whole experience in my opinion.

kashell

« Reply #16207 on: August 23, 2022, 03:32:42 pm »

Mine arrived. How about the rest of you vampire hunters?

aliensstudios

« Reply #16208 on: August 23, 2022, 06:08:18 pm »
Mine showed up as well. I won't be opening it as I've had the digital version since launch but I love being able to own a physical English version of Rondo that's on a home system.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Warmsignal

« Reply #16209 on: August 24, 2022, 05:11:46 am »
Today I discovered that my Nintendo Switch's screen appears to be ruined. The coloration of each corner has darkened and become yellow. Kind of like screen burn-in, except it's not. I rarely ever remove the screen from the dock because I only play using docked mode. The only thing I can conclude is that leaving it in docked mode for too long will damage the screen. I would say that, except I've had a Switch for 4 years now, mostly docked, but I played it in portable mode like 6 months ago maybe? It was fine then.

telly

« Reply #16210 on: August 24, 2022, 06:34:18 am »

Mine says it will still be another week :(
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16211 on: August 24, 2022, 03:22:02 pm »
I did it. Pre-order completed.

I feel like this one will be worth a lot if you don't get in on it early. Some choice games in that list. Crusader of Centy alone more than makes it worth it.

« Reply #16212 on: August 24, 2022, 03:54:25 pm »
I did it. Pre-order completed.

I feel like this one will be worth a lot if you don't get in on it early. Some choice games in that list. Crusader of Centy alone more than makes it worth it.

I placed my order a few days ago.  It's definitely going to be more rare than the first.  According to Wario64 they are only making about 1/10th the number they made fo the first one.

kashell

« Reply #16213 on: August 25, 2022, 09:15:04 am »
Where did you do the pre-order?

« Reply #16214 on: August 25, 2022, 10:43:28 am »
Amazon Japan.