Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532293 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16215 on: August 25, 2022, 10:59:54 am »
Where did you do the pre-order?

Amazon. I didn't have to use the Japan site, though. From my understanding, Sega is only going through Amazon.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:01:40 am by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16216 on: August 25, 2022, 11:35:05 am »
I did it. Pre-order completed.

I feel like this one will be worth a lot if you don't get in on it early. Some choice games in that list. Crusader of Centy alone more than makes it worth it.

Here’s some personal growth. I didn’t order one simply because there just isn’t enough on there for me. I’m not saying it’s not worth it. I just don’t have interest the games.  I’m not buying something just for future value!  Personal growth!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16217 on: August 25, 2022, 11:41:24 am »

I feel like this one will be worth a lot if you don't get in on it early. Some choice games in that list. Crusader of Centy alone more than makes it worth it.

Here’s some personal growth. I didn’t order one simply because there just isn’t enough on there for me. I’m not saying it’s not worth it. I just don’t have interest the games.  I’m not buying something just for future value!  Personal growth!

I didn't mean I had plans on selling it. I just want it at $99, not $300.

dhaabi

« Reply #16218 on: August 25, 2022, 11:43:24 am »
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 5 will have its price increased in most major markets.

Europe
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – €549.99
PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99

UK
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99

Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥60,478 yen (including tax)
PS5 Digital Edition – ¥49,478 yen (including tax)

China
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥4,299 yuan
PS5 Digital Edition – ¥3,499 yuan

Australia
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – AUD $799.95
PS5 Digital Edition – AUD $649.95

Mexico
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – MXN $14,999
PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499

Canada
PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – CAD $649.99
PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519.99

kashell

« Reply #16219 on: August 25, 2022, 03:14:57 pm »

I'm with you on this one. Thinking about it further, none of those mini systems are getting any attention from me. So, this is a hard pass.

« Reply #16220 on: August 25, 2022, 03:22:30 pm »
Where did you do the pre-order?

Amazon. I didn't have to use the Japan site, though. From my understanding, Sega is only going through Amazon.

Right.  I'll clarify.  It was originally on through Amazon Japan, then they put it up on normal Amazon, but it's shipping from Amazon Japan, so, per my understanding, it doesn't have price guarantees, Prime shipping, etc.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16221 on: August 25, 2022, 09:27:26 pm »

I didn't mean I had plans on selling it. I just want it at $99, not $300.

That’s not what I meant. You do whatever feels good to you.
I meant it’s hard for me to pass on something I kinda want and is going to be collectible. That’s personal growth for cha boi here.

« Reply #16222 on: August 26, 2022, 07:12:05 pm »
Mines shipped today. About time.

Mine arrived. How about the rest of you vampire hunters?

It arrived yesterday. I do wish that I ordered the anniversary collection to compliment it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16223 on: August 26, 2022, 07:45:09 pm »
Today, I encountered a very rare opportunity to catch my local game store "slipping". Feels odd to say, as it's not 2012 anymore and everybody is on top of market prices. I noticed a recent addition to the OG Xbox shelf and the spine gave me a double-take. "Phantom Dust", an obscure but increasingly notorious Xbox title that has exploded in value since the pandemic. To my shock, the sticker price was a mere $15. Normally, I'd never have payed the asking price for this, as I'm not sure it's my type of game per say. But I couldn't pass up what would probably be my last ever realistic opportunity to own it.

Anyone played this? Is it any good? The "card based" mechanics is a tell tale that it's probably not for me.

kashell

« Reply #16224 on: August 28, 2022, 02:35:51 pm »
I never played it but I know someone who has. I trust their opinion:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox/918888-phantom-dust/reviews/97682

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16225 on: September 06, 2022, 05:09:59 pm »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid029u8rnx4gXHUSRC9YzpJjk4DQoCFJ6tRNhnVUCMqKENXGdkneAeXRKWSvWjRaF2H2l&id=100082860996633&sfnsn=mo&extid=a&mibextid=fdnauu

Looks like they're making a documentary of the never made George Romero version of the Resident Evil movie. I'm excited!

I so wish that had happened, because he is the king of zombie movies. No other zombie movies can hold a candle to Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, or Day of the Dead. Why in the world would they fire him for Paul Anderson?!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16226 on: September 06, 2022, 05:57:49 pm »
Why in the world would they fire him for Paul Anderson?!

Simple... Anderson was likely way cheaper

Also looking him up, he Directed the Mortal Kombat movie so they probably also thought he knew how to adapt Video games into movies... possibly...likely...probable.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16227 on: September 06, 2022, 09:31:59 pm »
Why in the world would they fire him for Paul Anderson?!

Simple... Anderson was likely way cheaper

Also looking him up, he Directed the Mortal Kombat movie so they probably also thought he knew how to adapt Video games into movies... possibly...likely...probable.

Yeah, cheaper makes sense.

« Reply #16228 on: September 06, 2022, 10:26:02 pm »
Oh, I know this one!  The production company behind the movie felt that his script would be too violent and too expensive to make.

telekill

« Reply #16229 on: September 10, 2022, 08:34:42 am »
Now that Cowabunga Collection is out I find that, aside from the new Plague Tale game coming next month, that all the games I have any excitement about have massive question marks for release dates. Instinction, Mass Effect 5, new Witcher, new Tomb Raider. Hell, I don't even know if Witcher 4 will release on PS5.

Any of you in a similar boat?