Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531643 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16245 on: September 20, 2022, 08:30:19 pm »
I might check it out! I'm still neck deep in my replay of Wild Arms.
Not that anyone should be hyping Kickstarters these days, but the Wild Arms devs have a kickstarter going on for a spiritual successor to Wild Arms.  The kickstarter also covers a spiritual successor to Shadow Hearts as well

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublekickstarter/armed-fantasia-and-penny-blood

I backed them. Looks pretty good to me!

Warmsignal

« Reply #16246 on: September 25, 2022, 10:37:58 am »
Well the Cleveland Gaming Classic was a bit underwhelming. Huge show, not many booths actually selling.... ya know, video games?

One thing I did notice among a lot of these collectors today, is the thirst for PS2/GameCube stuff. Collectors were chomping at the bit to get a crack at the tubs of stuff that just didn't hold much appeal to me. Lots of common PS2, GameCube, DS, and to some extent 360/PS3 stuff seemed to be what most collectors out there were thirsting after. Was only like one vendor who had the super premium rare stuff for the truly retro consoles. No one seemed to bother, as everything was priced in the hundreds of dollars, of course. Had a Klonoa for $700, an obligatory mark-up above eBay price for a false sense of "negotiation" room.

I did grab a handful of stuff, but just a bit underwhelming for a city the size of Cleveland to only have like 15 vendors selling games. Any booth not selling video games was thoroughly ignored by most, haha. It's clear that people come to a "Gaming Classic" for the games.

kashell

« Reply #16247 on: September 25, 2022, 12:36:15 pm »
Cleveland, OH I'm guessing? My hometown is smaller than folks realize. It's one of those "little" big cities.

« Reply #16248 on: September 25, 2022, 09:49:53 pm »
Well the Cleveland Gaming Classic was a bit underwhelming. Huge show, not many booths actually selling.... ya know, video games?

One thing I did notice among a lot of these collectors today, is the thirst for PS2/GameCube stuff. Collectors were chomping at the bit to get a crack at the tubs of stuff that just didn't hold much appeal to me. Lots of common PS2, GameCube, DS, and to some extent 360/PS3 stuff seemed to be what most collectors out there were thirsting after. Was only like one vendor who had the super premium rare stuff for the truly retro consoles. No one seemed to bother, as everything was priced in the hundreds of dollars, of course. Had a Klonoa for $700, an obligatory mark-up above eBay price for a false sense of "negotiation" room.

I did grab a handful of stuff, but just a bit underwhelming for a city the size of Cleveland to only have like 15 vendors selling games. Any booth not selling video games was thoroughly ignored by most, haha. It's clear that people come to a "Gaming Classic" for the games.

This bit got me. I already saw this game at my local game store for $549 not that long ago but $700 like what?

Warmsignal

« Reply #16249 on: September 25, 2022, 11:51:30 pm »

This bit got me. I already saw this game at my local game store for $549 not that long ago but $700 like what?

It's a negotiating tactic. They raise the price sp that you if try to haggle it will seem like they come down off of the asking price, but really they're prepared to go down to what it normally sells for. If they didn't they would either have to be firm on price or risk letting it go for a penny less than normal.

telly

« Reply #16250 on: September 27, 2022, 10:55:10 am »
Has there been any talk of having a Secret Santa this year? I haven't heard anything.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #16251 on: September 27, 2022, 11:53:14 am »
Is that a hint?  ;)

I don't mind doing it again this year.

telly

« Reply #16252 on: September 27, 2022, 01:59:41 pm »
Glad that it's happening again! I need to update my wishlist  ;D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #16253 on: September 30, 2022, 08:49:07 am »
Sheesh. This is the second time in a row that GameStop hasn't had their preorders in store. Is the supply chain issue still that bad? I'll admit - I haven't been keeping up with all of the news about it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16254 on: September 30, 2022, 09:21:30 am »
Sheesh. This is the second time in a row that GameStop hasn't had their preorders in store. Is the supply chain issue still that bad? I'll admit - I haven't been keeping up with all of the news about it.

They almost never have my pre-orders, which is why I've stopped bothering. The last time, they never did get it for weeks after while the game was available for regular purchase on their website.

kashell

« Reply #16255 on: September 30, 2022, 09:34:56 am »
Interesting. Do you just order online? Go to another store?

I was really looking forward to starting this game (Valkyrie Elysium) and figured that what happened last time was a fluke. But, if this is the new normal then it's not cool.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16256 on: September 30, 2022, 10:46:25 am »
Last time it happened, I just used my pre-order credit on something else in store. I kinda think that pre-order credit is tied to in store if you paid in store. In the future, I might try their website pre-order, maybe their online distro isn't as broken? Idk.

I think Best Buy also does pre-orders on their website which allow you to pick-up in store on release day.

kashell

« Reply #16257 on: September 30, 2022, 11:34:51 am »
I always forget about Best Buy. I'll try them next time there's a game I want to get on day one.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16258 on: September 30, 2022, 02:01:20 pm »
Wow, that sucks. The entire point of a pre-order is to guarantee a copy when it comes out.

I pre-order through GameStop all the time and that has never happened to me.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16259 on: September 30, 2022, 05:22:23 pm »
They try to tell me that it's because my pre-orders are for low-profile games that they aren't getting any extra copies of. If it was Call of Duty or something they were gonna get 40 copies of on day one anyway, it would be no problem for them to hold one. But if your pre-order is the only one they're supposed to get? A lot of times, they won't get even get it.