Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516869 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16350 on: April 02, 2023, 02:47:24 pm »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16351 on: April 02, 2023, 04:32:14 pm »
E3 2023 was cancelled...

tripredacus

« Reply #16352 on: April 03, 2023, 09:46:57 am »
I actually almost never even go into my game room anymore.

That's how you know things have changed. I am the same way with my toy room. I don't go in there unless I need to get something from in there and that usually is just something I think I left in there.

« Reply #16353 on: April 04, 2023, 08:15:01 am »
I actually almost never even go into my game room anymore.

That's how you know things have changed. I am the same way with my toy room. I don't go in there unless I need to get something from in there and that usually is just something I think I left in there.
Yeah and mind you, I'm still playing games, I've already beaten over 52 games this year.  I'm just playing exclusively modern, Switch/Steam Deck, or PC.

tripredacus

« Reply #16354 on: April 04, 2023, 10:50:10 am »
I prioritize the digital PC games over physical for my backlog list primarily because I know that digital will always be limited in one way or another. Even after services go away, the physical games will still work.

kashell

« Reply #16355 on: April 07, 2023, 12:27:55 pm »
Time to vent!

It's easy to forget that Nashville is a welcoming city (with its own problems, note) entrenched in a red, backwards, fascist, uninformed, maligned, miseducated, and ignorant state.

The ban of drag and expression is such horses***. And then, there was the billionth school shooting (in a very wealthy part of town - no amount of money can protect anyone from an assault weapon) at the elementary school. And then, when representatives with actual backbones stood with the people that were demanding more gun control, what does the republikkkan super majority do? They expel two out of three of them. The two they expelled were black.

I need to take a moment to gather myself, crawl into the hole of helplessness, and then come back refreshed.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16356 on: April 07, 2023, 01:35:58 pm »
I get where you're coming from, Kash.

As a left-leaning individual who staunchly believes in the principles of "live and let live", emphasis on "live" in both cases. I feel like my country is regressing in a really weird way, after I had thought we were progressing and in a time of relative peace and coexistence in the 2000s and 2010s. It's obvious now that we're becoming way more polarized and radicalized so that we're forced pick a side, and go to war on every issue. We're being played against one another, while lobbyists bribe our politicians, and we're fed a bunch of over-the-top theater on the news about how the the day to day violence is a not threat, but marginal groups living amongst us apparently are the villains of our communities. Just the fact that they exist. Don't talk about them, don't even allow books about them, don't allow them to make their own life decisions, etc.

My country has been turned on it's head as of late, and a lot of people have gotten their brains broken by the myriad of propagandists and grifters that permeate our daily feed. It's sad. We have so much potential here, but we squander it. Greed and lies win out, time and time again. We're never ranked first in anything good, including overall happiness of our citizens. But of course, we're ranked first in worst conceivable categories... and the all cheerleaders like to tell you, if you don't love it you're supposed to get out.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 01:40:55 pm by Warmsignal »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16357 on: April 07, 2023, 01:48:39 pm »
Fuck all that. Come take my guns, they'll be another revolution.

« Reply #16358 on: April 07, 2023, 02:10:31 pm »
Wanting more robust gun control laws (you know, the regulated part of well-regulated militia) is not the same coming to get everyone's guns.  There are people who shouldn't be driving cars, let alone owning firearms.

I only live about 10 miles from Justin Jones' district and my sister is an Elementary teacher in the same county as the shooting.  Couldn't be prouder of those three.

And while it's not a good look that only the two black congress members were the only ones expelled, Gloria Johnson never yelled or used the megaphone during the "incident" in question, so that's why her vote went the way it did.  Not that racism and misogyny weren't a part of it.  They definitely were, but the "offenses" weren't exactly the same.  Fun fact, if they had done her vote last she would have been expelled as well, because the vote threshold would have been one less because of Pearson's expellation.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 02:13:00 pm by Cartagia »

Warmsignal

« Reply #16359 on: April 07, 2023, 02:30:14 pm »
...but Tim Pool says we should all be able to purchase our own nukes. Why can't I purchase a nuke? It's a free country! If I need a canon or a bazooka, or maybe an anti-aircraft missile or two... I should be able to load up on that. The constitution says so! Regulation-shmegulation. Anarchy for me, fascism for thee.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16360 on: April 07, 2023, 03:28:46 pm »
...but Tim Pool says we should all be able to purchase our own nukes. Why can't I purchase a nuke? It's a free country! If I need a canon or a bazooka, or maybe an anti-aircraft missile or two... I should be able to load up on that. The constitution says so! Regulation-shmegulation. Anarchy for me, fascism for thee.

But you think the government that lies to us on a daily basis should...yeah, that's exactly why we should have guns

tripredacus

« Reply #16361 on: April 07, 2023, 03:59:05 pm »
Wanting more robust gun control laws (you know, the regulated part of well-regulated militia) is not the same coming to get everyone's guns.

That already happened. The militias that are mentioned in the Constitution were forced to disband or were destroyed by the Continental Army or Federalised Army Regulars. Even back then the people didn't want to give up their guns, and the government came and forced them to do it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16362 on: April 07, 2023, 04:32:09 pm »
Wanting more robust gun control laws (you know, the regulated part of well-regulated militia) is not the same coming to get everyone's guns.

That already happened. The militias that are mentioned in the Constitution were forced to disband or were destroyed by the Continental Army or Federalised Army Regulars. Even back then the people didn't want to give up their guns, and the government came and forced them to do it.

"Forced to disband"

Nice twist on the truth there. They formed an official military rather than the civilian backed rebel forces that fought in the Revolutionary War is what happened. But they did not take civilian's personal weapons from them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16363 on: April 07, 2023, 07:25:45 pm »

But you think the government that lies to us on a daily basis should...yeah, that's exactly why we should have guns

The government lies to us on a daily basis? Individual politicians lie, and we should remove money from politics so that they will answer only to the people and not their donors, sure. I think the media spins all the time, and does the bidding of their shareholders. I don't think "the government" lies to us all the time and no, I'm not afraid of the big, bad government. That's a crazy conspiracy theory. The only sane argument for guns, is for sport, and for personal self-defense. Not because "we're gonna have a revolution". We're not gonna have a revolution, you're not gonna go fight a literal war in your back yard amongst your neighbors. It ain't happening, and you don't need a military grade weapon to go hunting, or to protect yourself.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16364 on: April 07, 2023, 07:54:19 pm »

The government lies to us on a daily basis? Individual politicians lie, and we should remove money from politics so that they will answer only to the people and not their donors, sure. I think the media spins all the time, and does the bidding of their shareholders. I don't think "the government" lies to us all the time and no, I'm not afraid of the big, bad government. That's a crazy conspiracy theory. The only sane argument for guns, is for sport, and for personal self-defense. Not because "we're gonna have a revolution". We're not gonna have a revolution, you're not gonna go fight a literal war in your back yard amongst your neighbors. It ain't happening, and you don't need a military grade weapon to go hunting, or to protect yourself.

The founding fathers and Bill of Rights disagree with you. Our entire country was founded on revolution and not letting the government have too much control. But I guess they were just "conspiracy theorists".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 07:55:55 pm by burningdoom »