Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653719 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4905 on: December 02, 2014, 08:35:03 am »
Excellent and exciting news. I earned the platinum in Tales of Hearts yesterday. This has easily become my favorite Tales title. If not for the random battles, I would rate it a 10/10. If you're interested in the Tales series or just in need of a great RPG, this is a great title to go with. If you're a fan of the series, why are you playing something else now and not Tales of Hearts?! XD

Anyways, lovely game with a cast of lovely characters and some of the best combat in the series. Up next (I think) is Atelier Escha and Logy.

Aww, I can't wait to play it! I already registered it in my collection here, but it's a Christmas gift and the boyfriend won't let me have it before  :'(

kashell

« Reply #4906 on: December 02, 2014, 09:52:32 am »
Get a new boyfriend.

Totally joking. XD I think it'll be worth the wait. It's such an excellent game.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4907 on: December 02, 2014, 10:18:07 am »
I'm really pissed off at myself for not opting for the smash gamecube bundle, because now that little adapter is impossible to find. I assumed I'd just be able to go and pick up the adapter somewhere after it came out, and I really didn't need the extra controller seeing as between me and my friends who play that we always have enough gamecube controllers... and I really don't wanna pay $200 for 4 Wii U Pro Controllers... they need to make some more adapters asap.

bobster

« Reply #4908 on: December 02, 2014, 10:23:11 am »
I'm really pissed off at myself for not opting for the smash gamecube bundle, because now that little adapter is impossible to find. I assumed I'd just be able to go and pick up the adapter somewhere after it came out, and I really didn't need the extra controller seeing as between me and my friends who play that we always have enough gamecube controllers... and I really don't wanna pay $200 for 4 Wii U Pro Controllers... they need to make some more adapters asap.
I have that same regret myself. I'm sure there will be more adapters coming soon though so I'll just wait.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4909 on: December 02, 2014, 10:26:30 am »
it sucks that they didn't have more foresight. I imagine those adapters are not that hard/expensive to make, they should've just made a billion of them. I mean, those things were sold out across the nation on day 1 it seems.

Edit: Welp, after looking on the back of the box I see that the Wii Classic controllers are compatible with Wii U Smash, so I don't have to buy anything as I already have 4 of those!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:47:20 am by Bwigdahl »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4910 on: December 02, 2014, 12:26:33 pm »
I was wondering if anyone else ever had any issues with MechAssault on their Xbox?

It's not compatible with the Xbox 360. But I have 2 different discs of this game that my original Xbox simply will not read. I don't think my Xbox is going out. Because while I was waiting for my 2nd copy of MechAssault to show up, I played through the entire MechAssault 2 game. But then Morrowind was running at a slow framerate, too.

Just wanted to check before I ran out and got another Xbox.

argyle

« Reply #4911 on: December 02, 2014, 12:43:02 pm »
Excellent and exciting news. I earned the platinum in Tales of Hearts yesterday. This has easily become my favorite Tales title. If not for the random battles, I would rate it a 10/10. If you're interested in the Tales series or just in need of a great RPG, this is a great title to go with. If you're a fan of the series, why are you playing something else now and not Tales of Hearts?! XD

Anyways, lovely game with a cast of lovely characters and some of the best combat in the series. Up next (I think) is Atelier Escha and Logy.

Congrats! It's your favorite in the series you say? That's high praise. As soon as I pickup a Playstation TV it will be the next thing I buy. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #4912 on: December 02, 2014, 12:51:28 pm »

Looks like I'm starting Tales of Hearts R as soon as I finish Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1. Good thing I'm almost done Re;Birth1, because I really want to start Hearts R now. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #4913 on: December 02, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »
I was wondering if anyone else ever had any issues with MechAssault on their Xbox?

It's not compatible with the Xbox 360. But I have 2 different discs of this game that my original Xbox simply will not read. I don't think my Xbox is going out. Because while I was waiting for my 2nd copy of MechAssault to show up, I played through the entire MechAssault 2 game. But then Morrowind was running at a slow framerate, too.

What's the error code you get for Mechassault? Also what version of Morrowind do you have(both have framerates issues but the GOTY is more severe)?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4914 on: December 02, 2014, 01:18:34 pm »

What's the error code you get for Mechassault? Also what version of Morrowind do you have(both have framerates issues but the GOTY is more severe)?

On my first copy of MechAssault, it says the Xbox doesn't recognize the disc. On the 2nd copy, it loads up the opening screens/company logos, then get stuck on the loading screen for the menu.

With Morrowind, it's the GOTY edition. But that was the version I played religiously on my first Xbox when it was new.

maximo310

« Reply #4915 on: December 02, 2014, 01:40:46 pm »

On my first copy of MechAssault, it says the Xbox doesn't recognize the disc. On the 2nd copy, it loads up the opening screens/company logos, then get stuck on the loading screen for the menu.

With Morrowind, it's the GOTY edition. But that was the version I played religiously on my first Xbox when it was new.
I know that the GOTY edition of Morrowind has bigger framerate issues because of the extra content of the disc, which creates longer loading times. As for Mechassault, check to see if any of your discs have scratches, but it may be the laser that reads the disks that may be causing the problem. I'm not a huge expert on original Xbox problems, but that's just my guess.

kashell

« Reply #4916 on: December 02, 2014, 01:51:25 pm »
I'm so glad to see that others will be trying Tales of Hearts soon. Feel free to ask any questions and I can try to answer them.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4917 on: December 02, 2014, 08:49:14 pm »
My ps4+gta 5+last of us bundle just came in  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #4918 on: December 02, 2014, 09:45:55 pm »
Random question, is there any place that sells non "eco friendly" Wii U cases? I *hate* those holes in the cases.  >:(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4919 on: December 02, 2014, 10:43:46 pm »
I know this probably goes without saying, but holy shit Smash is fun!