Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1661589 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6150 on: February 21, 2015, 08:15:17 pm »
Brace yourselves, rant incoming.

What the hell is wrong with freaking Nintendo of America?  >:(
Excerpt from a recent interview (full interview here http://waa.ai/4rNS)

Did you expect the blowback from not releasing the New 3DS with face plates in North America?
Yeah (laughs). Look, the face plates are super cool, but we're a different market. And now we have clear differentiation between those three systems. Before, there was a very limited difference between the 3DS and 3DS XL: other than size. It was the same resolution, same functionality... now, there's the 2DS, 3DS, and New 3DS XL, all of which have their own functionality and features. The different price points give it a clear message for consumers. The core audience... we weren't going to win with them on that decision. But we had to think about expanding the user base, we had to be able to market it and make it easy to pick up for consumers.

"And now we have clear differentiation between those three systems".
JUST GIVE IT A CLEAR NAME, for crying out loud. Something with more thought than "New" would not confuse people and then you could give us the same damn product as everywhere else in the world. Do you think we are so stupid in North America that we can't understand the differences between two systems, while Europe seems to be able to?  >:(

/endrant, sorry about that. I've been building steam against NoA for a while and that was one too many bullshit excuse.

Im not even surprised NOA would think like that.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

pacpix

« Reply #6151 on: February 21, 2015, 09:18:03 pm »
Brace yourselves, rant incoming.

What the hell is wrong with freaking Nintendo of America?  >:(
Excerpt from a recent interview (full interview here http://waa.ai/4rNS)

Did you expect the blowback from not releasing the New 3DS with face plates in North America?
Yeah (laughs). Look, the face plates are super cool, but we're a different market. And now we have clear differentiation between those three systems. Before, there was a very limited difference between the 3DS and 3DS XL: other than size. It was the same resolution, same functionality... now, there's the 2DS, 3DS, and New 3DS XL, all of which have their own functionality and features. The different price points give it a clear message for consumers. The core audience... we weren't going to win with them on that decision. But we had to think about expanding the user base, we had to be able to market it and make it easy to pick up for consumers.

"And now we have clear differentiation between those three systems".
JUST GIVE IT A CLEAR NAME, for crying out loud. Something with more thought than "New" would not confuse people and then you could give us the same damn product as everywhere else in the world. Do you think we are so stupid in North America that we can't understand the differences between two systems, while Europe seems to be able to?  >:(

/endrant, sorry about that. I've been building steam against NoA for a while and that was one too many bullshit excuse.

Im not even surprised NOA would think like that.

Well if the face plates were released over here they would probably only do one run of 50 face plates and nonxl 3DS's anyway.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

karyann

« Reply #6152 on: February 22, 2015, 08:48:29 am »
Well if the face plates were released over here they would probably only do one run of 50 face plates and nonxl 3DS's anyway.

The XL doesn't "support" the faceplates, so indeed it would have been  ;D haha

argyle

« Reply #6153 on: February 22, 2015, 11:40:22 am »
Speaking of the faceplates, is there ANY import site that isn't already sold out of the Xenoblade faceplates? I would *love* to have them, I think they'd display great just leaving them in the package.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #6154 on: February 22, 2015, 01:19:34 pm »
Speaking of the faceplates, is there ANY import site that isn't already sold out of the Xenoblade faceplates? I would *love* to have them, I think they'd display great just leaving them in the package.

I'll keep my eyes open! I myself am looking for the Legend of Zelda black triforce faceplates, so I might be lucky and see the Xenoblade one at the same time. I still got no luck for any of them right now though  :-\

kashell

« Reply #6155 on: February 23, 2015, 08:06:25 am »
I alternate between listening to video game music and true crime documentaries at work. I think today is going to be a music day since it was so difficult getting out of bed this morning. z_z Monday...yay?

In gaming news, I just had Viki join my party in Suikoden V. I hope this means I don't have to go on that awful world map anymore. There are way too many random battles on it. It feels like I'm playing an old school Dragon Quest title!

bobster

« Reply #6156 on: February 23, 2015, 11:45:44 am »
welp, I'm an unemployed person as of today! Time to hit those backlogs lol. Feel weird after having a job for 7 years though o.O
Currently Playing: The Witcher

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6157 on: February 23, 2015, 11:53:17 am »
welp, I'm an unemployed person as of today! Time to hit those backlogs lol. Feel weird after having a job for 7 years though o.O

Sucks man! Good luck finding a new job. :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #6158 on: February 23, 2015, 11:55:47 am »

Sucks man! Good luck finding a new job. :D
Thanks! i should be fine on unemployment for the time being, but I might have to move to find a job similar to what I had. A little early to be thinking that though lol

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6159 on: February 23, 2015, 12:12:03 pm »

Damn, that sucks man. Best of luck on everything.

kashell

« Reply #6160 on: February 23, 2015, 12:13:45 pm »

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else who said that this might be coming. Either way, it sounds like you're in good spirits and have the right attitude so I'm glad to see you are keeping your chin up. People say that they shouldn't "have down time" after they lose their job, but I say to hell with them. Rest up and work on that backlog. You deserve it.

bobster

« Reply #6161 on: February 23, 2015, 12:30:39 pm »

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else who said that this might be coming. Either way, it sounds like you're in good spirits and have the right attitude so I'm glad to see you are keeping your chin up. People say that they shouldn't "have down time" after they lose their job, but I say to hell with them. Rest up and work on that backlog. You deserve it.
Thanks! It has been a long time coming actually, but I'm not sure if I've stated that on here. The company hasn't had money for a while now so I've been saving up for this moment, plus taking my exams for my MCSA. Currently studying for the 2nd exam of the 3.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6162 on: February 23, 2015, 12:38:51 pm »
Speaking of lack of jobs. I decided to apply at the new Super Walmart opening in my area... I told myself ill never go back to retail...but looks like I might have too... On the plus side, ill get a discount on games and systems :D

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #6163 on: February 23, 2015, 12:42:45 pm »
Speaking of lack of jobs. I decided to apply at the new Super Walmart opening in my area... I told myself ill never go back to retail...but looks like I might have too... On the plus side, ill get a discount on games and systems :D
I know not too long ago you were talking about moving to Arizona I believe. That not work out? Either way, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6164 on: February 23, 2015, 12:44:35 pm »
I know not too long ago you were talking about moving to Arizona I believe. That not work out? Either way, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do!

I applied at the AZ job, also in Nor Cal and this walmart job. I am applying every where and see what I can get lol
The AZ job a state job, and they take forever to hire people and who knows if they wanna hire a guy out of California. Since I cant do in person interviews.

1049-2600-8730