Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1527897 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8070 on: September 02, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »
Okay, what is Lost Dimension on PS3, and why does no GS carry it?

It's a Japanese RPG that came out in July. It's also out on the Vita. It's pretty good from what I've heard. Seems odd that it's already hard to find.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #8071 on: September 02, 2015, 09:43:43 pm »
I'm playing the Vita version of it now, actually. So far I'm really enjoying it. It's just the thing I need after getting through Shinovi Versus.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8072 on: September 02, 2015, 11:35:17 pm »

It's a Japanese RPG that came out in July. It's also out on the Vita. It's pretty good from what I've heard. Seems odd that it's already hard to find.

Closest store to me that has it is 46 miles out. I guess literally no one pre-ordered it in my area, so they never received any stock. No advertisement either, never saw any promo fliers for it.

abe

« Reply #8073 on: September 03, 2015, 10:00:37 am »

Closest store to me that has it is 46 miles out. I guess literally no one pre-ordered it in my area, so they never received any stock. No advertisement either, never saw any promo fliers for it.

A lot of stuff like that seems to get quiet releases like this. In my area, I've never seen a copy of J-Stars Victory VS. It released last June and I never even noticed until a few weeks later when somebody mentioned it here.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #8074 on: September 03, 2015, 11:18:58 am »

A lot of stuff like that seems to get quiet releases like this. In my area, I've never seen a copy of J-Stars Victory VS. It released last June and I never even noticed until a few weeks later when somebody mentioned it here.

I noticed there's virtually no promos for anything on the Vita at GS. All of the import titles that came this year were also unbeknownst to me. Some GS locations don't carry any of them, some carry a bunch of newer ones.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8075 on: September 03, 2015, 12:24:12 pm »
Anyone feel like the so called "real gamers" sometimes are just as narrow-minded as the "bro-gamers" with genres?

I mean, there's the guys that do nothing but play multiplayer FPSes all day, and call themselves hardcore gamers (the "bro" gamers). But at the same time, a lot of the gaming groups/boards I visit seem to talk like 90% about JRPGs.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel a lot of people are missing out on some great games because they get so focused on one type of game. And don't some of you guys get sick of navigating menus or staring at a gun-barrel after a while? I know I like a good platformer or shoot-em up to just let some steam off at times.

maximo310

« Reply #8076 on: September 03, 2015, 12:47:45 pm »
Anyone feel like the so called "real gamers" sometimes are just as narrow-minded as the "bro-gamers" with genres?

I mean, there's the guys that do nothing but play multiplayer FPSes all day, and call themselves hardcore gamers (the "bro" gamers). But at the same time, a lot of the gaming groups/boards I visit seem to talk like 90% about JRPGs.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel a lot of people are missing out on some great games because they get so focused on one type of game. And don't some of you guys get sick of navigating menus or staring at a gun-barrel after a while? I know I like a good platformer or shoot-em up to just let some steam off at times.
People love familiarity with things that they enjoy and I also think that it becomes a lot more difficult to try out new things as you get older. That's just my opinion.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8077 on: September 03, 2015, 01:34:29 pm »
Another USPS rant: How is it stuff way up north or in another state get here faster, than stuff in LA? I am gonna start PMing these local amazon guys and just ask to come pick it up haha.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #8078 on: September 04, 2015, 12:25:26 am »

Action and/or adventure oriented games are my cream of the crop, and take a back seat to none. So of course I don't consider them any less of game just for being shorter or more linear. I always notice that I am in the minority here. Most of the mainstream crowd is all about shooters, and most of the alternative is JRPG centric. For me it's the other way around, I play a shooter, or a JRPG to take a break from my usual. Everyone is entitled to opinion, but I just hate the attitude of "I don't play crap like that" that goes around a lot.

I think it's a good thing to be well rounded, all types of games can offer something fun. I usually avoid games based on games or sports, but I've had a craving lately find a good put-put golf game.  ???  ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:27:14 am by Warmsignal »

kashell

« Reply #8079 on: September 04, 2015, 10:19:07 am »

I don't make the distinction between a real gamer or otherwise anymore. If someone is playing a game and having a good time, then that's all that matters to me.

As an aside, I will never get tired of "navigating menus." I've been playing video games for years upon years so I know what I like and what I don't like. Even though my genre of choice is RPG, that doesn't mean I can't kick major ass in Smash Brothers, perform a speed run in Mega Man X4 or earn an AA in some tricky songs in DDR. I used to be able to earn AAAs, but old age has taken a toll on this amazingly stunning but slightly more mature body.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8080 on: September 04, 2015, 10:38:17 am »

I always try and expand FPS gamers taste for games, but most aren't interested. While i enjoy FPS every once in a while, there are so many different great game and genres out there to play. So I get what your saying. I give those guys credit thou. I couldn't sit there day in and out, 8 hours a day playing MP all day. Only time that happens for me, is if I find a really good SP game. And want to beat it. (hoping FO4 will be that)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #8081 on: September 04, 2015, 02:55:26 pm »
Yeah, I'm not really a FPS or platform genre player, but there are always exceptions. Instead of calling those games/genres stupid, it's better to just say "they're not for me" or I personally just say that I'm usually not good at them, thus don't enjoy them.

But I enjoyed Borderlands and Psychonauts greatly even though normally those would not be my sort of games.

Also, I'm terrible at pinball games usually but still enjoy playing them   ::)

And a good putt-putt golf game... it makes me want to play Hot Shots again!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8082 on: September 04, 2015, 07:14:53 pm »
I came home from work today and saw this parked across the street.

....good thing I'm moving next Friday.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8083 on: September 04, 2015, 08:45:41 pm »
I came home from work today and saw this parked across the street.

....good thing I'm moving next Friday.

Update your will and leave me everything, just in case. ;)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #8084 on: September 05, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »
I'm ready to make it official that I am done going to flea markets. There just isn't anything left at them anymore, the trips are always wasted. It's way too exhausting and isn't worth the slim chance.