Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598307 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9885 on: March 13, 2016, 07:35:10 pm »
doesn't look like it. but i already have two.
Do you need a Japanese or NA disc to play NA Game Boy games on it?
It's a JP GameCube, so a JP boot disc is needed to use it without modifying the GameCube. Any GB/GBC/GBA games will work on it though. The Game Boy Player itself is region-free just like any handheld from the Game Boy line.

So you could in theory buy a JP player and use it in an NA console too?  That's cool if you want to match the player to your console.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #9886 on: March 13, 2016, 07:36:38 pm »
Anyone watch the Daredevil and/or Jessica Jones series on Netflix?

How are they?

I enjoyed Daredevil. Season 2 is coming out next Friday too. :D Maybe it's already up on American Netflix though, not sure.

doesn't look like it. but i already have two.
Do you need a Japanese or NA disc to play NA Game Boy games on it?
It's a JP GameCube, so a JP boot disc is needed to use it without modifying the GameCube. Any GB/GBC/GBA games will work on it though. The Game Boy Player itself is region-free just like any handheld from the Game Boy line.
So you could in theory buy a JP player and use it in an NA console too?  That's cool if you want to match the player to your console.

Probably. I don't see why not, but I haven't tried it out so I can't say for certain.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:38:35 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9887 on: March 13, 2016, 09:16:20 pm »
I found three items I really want to buy right now, but I only have the money to get one. Each item is about the same price.
Like new Char's Custom (red) Gamecube with matching controller and game boy player. Heavily used GameCube NR Reader. New in the box Famicom Robot (R.O.B.)
It's driving me nuts. I don't know what I want more. Any opinions on what I should get?

You didn't get ROB?  I'm a little disappointed.

Anyone watch the Daredevil and/or Jessica Jones series on Netflix?

How are they?

Yes and yes.  Watch them.  I actually liked Jessica Jones more, but that's just me.  I'm pumped it's getting a second season.

« Reply #9888 on: March 13, 2016, 10:19:44 pm »
Gameboy Player hardware and Gameboy software are region-free. The boot discs are region locked however. One of the discs I have is JP anyways so I wasn't to concerned.

I was very temped to get ROB but I wasn't really confident in the listing. The only picture was the front of the box. Not really enough evidence to prove it was new, or even real for that matter. I never bought from that particular seller so I didn't what to risk it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:21:56 pm by badATchaos »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9889 on: March 14, 2016, 09:25:13 am »
Watched the 1st 2 episodes of Daredevil.  Pretty good, so far.

Any thoughts on a PS5 (or xbox dos, I suppose) -

think there's going to be one?

What changes, differences, improvements, mis-steps, etc would you expect, dread, and/or hope for?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #9890 on: March 14, 2016, 09:34:01 am »
I. Hate. DST. I am so flippin' tired. >_<

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9891 on: March 14, 2016, 09:37:46 am »
Where's jobocan been hiding - any recent sightings?

gf78

« Reply #9892 on: March 14, 2016, 11:10:32 am »
I was very temped to get ROB but I wasn't really confident in the listing. The only picture was the front of the box. Not really enough evidence to prove it was new, or even real for that matter. I never bought from that particular seller so I didn't what to risk it.

Agreed.  Something like that which is high-priced, you need to be able to see multiple pictures of it.  If it's a new item, you should be able to see the seal on the box and if it's an older item before they really started using the seals, the seller should open the box to show the contents. 

I've taken an occasional chance on an item without many pics, but that is few & far between.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #9893 on: March 14, 2016, 11:18:02 am »
Any thoughts on a PS5 (or xbox dos, I suppose) -

think there's going to be one?

What changes, differences, improvements, mis-steps, etc would you expect, dread, and/or hope for?

I hope Xbox is out of the console business for good now. As far as a PS5, Im not really looking forward to one yet. The 4 is a perfect system the way it is already.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9894 on: March 14, 2016, 11:22:43 am »
Yeah, the PS4's easily my favorite console and the one that gets the most use.

Followed by PS3, and then my VitaTv would be #3.

What's everyone else's top 3 favorite and most-used platforms for this gen?

gf78

« Reply #9895 on: March 14, 2016, 11:29:07 am »

PS4 is definitely number one.  It's gets almost all of my use.  I guess by default, the PS3 and Wii U would be tied or interchangeable for 2nd and 3rd, though I use them so infrequently at this point that they only take up maybe 1% of my playtime combined compared to PS4. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #9896 on: March 14, 2016, 11:41:42 am »
I hope Xbox is out of the console business for good now. As far as a PS5, Im not really looking forward to one yet. The 4 is a perfect system the way it is already.

I've seen quite a few videos and read quite a few articles with pretty compelling evidence that Xbox as a physical console is going the way of the dodo.  They have made the bulk of their exclusives available on the PC now as well and have scuttled even more studios. 

Phil Spencer hasn't come out and flat-out said that Xbox as a console is done, but he doesn't deny it either with typical answers like "I am committed to the Xbox brand." which could mean anything.  Xbox as a brand could live on through PC games and online services. 

As for PS5, I am in no hurry for a new console and if Microsoft is indeed exiting the hardware business, I don't see Sony or Nintendo rushing new hardware out.  Aside from ever-present storage constraints (which could be rectified by buying a larger HDD), the PS4 does exactly what I want in a console right now. 

The only things that could be improved for me is if Microsoft worked with Sony on their online infrastructure and made the Xbox One controllers compatible with the PS4, since those are two of the only things where I think Microsoft has an edge (even though the DS4 is pretty damn good).  Then Microsoft could bring over their three good series (Halo, Forza and Gears) to the PS4 and all would be right in my world.   :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9897 on: March 14, 2016, 11:43:17 am »

WiiU
PS4
NES. 

YES!  THE NES IS CURRENT GEN!  ITS TIMELESS MOTHER F#$@#*&!!!!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9898 on: March 14, 2016, 11:49:57 am »
Who gave Turf permission to come out and play?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9899 on: March 14, 2016, 11:51:11 am »
Who gave Turf permission to come out and play?

They left the key too close to the cell door.  I let my self out like Otis on The Andy Griffith Show.