Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656176 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8550 on: November 02, 2015, 07:24:38 pm »

This place is around the corner from my local game store. Apparently, it's Admiral Ackbar's retirement project.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:04:24 pm by karyann »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8551 on: November 02, 2015, 07:59:46 pm »

This place is around the corner from my local game store. Apparently, it's Admiral Ackbar's retirement project.

He had to do something after retirement  8)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:04:32 pm by karyann »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #8552 on: November 03, 2015, 08:22:45 am »
Now whenever I see the phrase "it's a trap" I always think of those anti-smoking commercials.

karyann

« Reply #8553 on: November 03, 2015, 02:06:04 pm »
I edited your posts to make the pictures smaller as to preserve good page scrollability/readability. If you want to change the size yourself when you make a post, just add a width in pixels as such: [img width=400] :)

Back to subject... Ha, what kind of shop is that anyway?  :P

desocietas

« Reply #8554 on: November 03, 2015, 02:10:20 pm »
I edited your posts to make the pictures smaller as to preserve good page scrollability/readability. If you want to change the size yourself when you make a post, just add a width in pixels as such: [img width=400] :)

thanks for doing that! i could never remember how to change the width in-line, so that's good to know :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8556 on: November 03, 2015, 03:37:23 pm »

It's one of those places where you they stick you in a room with a few people and you all have to solve some puzzles that relate to an objective, interact with a performer, and figure out how to escape. I haven't been there, but that's what their website says.

desocietas

« Reply #8557 on: November 03, 2015, 03:40:10 pm »

It's one of those places where you they stick you in a room with a few people and you all have to solve some puzzles that relate to an objective, interact with a performer, and figure out how to escape. I haven't been there, but that's what their website says.

Oh, one of those escape-the-room puzzle activities. Sounds interesting but also terrifying  ::)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #8558 on: November 03, 2015, 03:50:09 pm »
Uh... Walmart sells arcade cabinets?  :o

http://www.walmart.com/ip/http://www.walmart.com/ip/Namco-Pac-Man-s-Arcade-Party-Cocktail-Game-with-Black-Cabinet/40634764?

I can't look at the link at work dangit!  How much is it?  The possibilities to mod a cabinet with a MAME PC are endless....
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #8559 on: November 03, 2015, 05:45:26 pm »
Uh... Walmart sells arcade cabinets?  :o

http://www.walmart.com/ip/http://www.walmart.com/ip/Namco-Pac-Man-s-Arcade-Party-Cocktail-Game-with-Black-Cabinet/40634764?

I can't look at the link at work dangit!  How much is it?  The possibilities to mod a cabinet with a MAME PC are endless....

There are a few of them ranging from $2-3k or so...  :-\ Def not the cheapest option.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #8560 on: November 04, 2015, 09:32:16 am »
We have some parents on here, yes?

Tell me something: do you think it's bad form for parents to let their kids run around a restaurant while they are on the phone doing Facebook or Twitter or Snap Shit or Insta-whatever or selfiestick crap? Is it bad form for the parents when patrons like myself have to dodge and weave in order to not step on the kids that are dancing or jumping or flailing their stupid arms? Is it bad form for the parents when one of their kids nearly hits a certain someone in the crotch? Is it bad form for the parents when a certain patron has to trip a kid in order to make it back to his seat unscathed?

I'm not sure where to direct my hatred: children or their parents. It's clear that it's the parent's fault for having their little Tasmanian devils run amok while others are trying to eat their food, but for some reason children seem more awful with each passing day. When I was a kid, if I wasn't sitting in my seat and minding my manners at home OR at a restaurant, I would have gotten one of the following:

1. Slapped in the face by my mother
2. Slapped in the face by my father
3. Slapped on the butt by a wooden spoon by either parent - ever get hit by one of those? They don't tickle.
4. Grounded

And if someone was really -REALLY- acting up, we would have gotten a combination of them.  Similarly, my partner would have gotten a belt, a switch -AND- a few smacks in the face if he acted up.

I'm sure that the folks on here are wonderful parents. I know for a fact that turf should be winning Father of the Year just based on what I know of him. Still, I came *THIS* close to igniting more than a few minivans last night.

End rant.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8561 on: November 04, 2015, 09:47:29 am »

Tell me something: do you think it's bad form for parents to let their kids run around a restaurant while they are on the phone doing Facebook or Twitter or Snap Shit or Insta-whatever or selfiestick crap? Is it bad form for the parents when patrons like myself have to dodge and weave in order to not step on the kids that are dancing or jumping or flailing their stupid arms? Is it bad form for the parents when one of their kids nearly hits a certain someone in the crotch? Is it bad form for the parents when a certain patron has to trip a kid in order to make it back to his seat unscathed?

I'm not sure where to direct my hatred: children or their parents. It's clear that it's the parent's fault for having their little Tasmanian devils run amok while others are trying to eat their food, but for some reason children seem more awful with each passing day. When I was a kid, if I wasn't sitting in my seat and minding my manners at home OR at a restaurant, I would have gotten one of the following:

3. Slapped on the butt by a wooden spoon by either parent - ever get hit by one of those? They don't tickle.
4. Grounded

And if someone was really -REALLY- acting up, we would have gotten a combination of them.  Similarly, my partner would have gotten a belt, a switch -AND- a few smacks in the face if he acted up.

I'm sure that the folks on here are wonderful parents. I know for a fact that turf should be winning Father of the Year just based on what I know of him. Still, I came *THIS* close to igniting more than a few minivans last night.

End rant.

Be pissed at the parents.  Those people are assholes.  Kids are only as good as they are made to be.  Teaching them starts early. 

The Boy is a 100% 6 year old little boy.  The little turd is wild.  If I didn't make him mind, he'd be climbing the walls.  I have to remind him a lot that he's not at home.  If you're not going to make your kids mind, keep them at home.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8562 on: November 04, 2015, 10:07:19 am »

4. Grounded

End rant.

the shit I was when I worked at a super market would amaze you. Its all on the parents, some do not give a crap and its sad.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #8563 on: November 04, 2015, 10:10:13 am »
Sounds terrible. Depends on how lazy the parents are. I know some who just don't have the will power to keep up with their kids, so they let them do anything. Lazy people shouldn't do things, like try to start families. On the flip side, I've seen parents so strict they blow up and start screaming if the kid quietly whispers the wrong thing, or doesn't eat every pea. That can get every bit as annoying. I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR PEAS! lol. That kid is well behaved, why are you screaming at them?

Not a parent, but I don't think I could handle the responsibility myself. Would get old way too fast.

Seems that it used to be you might get thrown out of an establishment for letting your kids go wild, not sure if that sort of thing happens anymore. Everything is to PC and afraid of media fire storms. I can see the headline now - "Terrible restaurant manager throws family out, humiliates them in front of everyone, his name is John Smith let's all get this man fired by upper management and send hate mail to his Facebook!"  ::)

What are ya gonna do.

gf78

« Reply #8564 on: November 04, 2015, 10:34:54 am »
Be pissed at the parents.  Those people are assholes.  Kids are only as good as they are made to be.  Teaching them starts early. 

The Boy is a 100% 6 year old little boy.  The little turd is wild.  If I didn't make him mind, he'd be climbing the walls.  I have to remind him a lot that he's not at home.  If you're not going to make your kids mind, keep them at home.

Being a parent means being responsible for the behavior of your children and teaching them to behave.  I don't let my two girls act like animals in public or at home.  At a restaurant, they are told to sit still in their seats, use their utensils and napkins, keep their voices down and don't stare at people. 

Facebook, cellphones, tv, and yes, even video games come secondary to being a parent.  I would love nothing more than to go home from work, plop in the La-Z-Boy and start gaming.  Reality as a parent though means that I go home, get the kids off the bus, take them to any programs, sports, etc. that they may be involved in.  Cook dinner or do the dishes (depending on who's turn it is), help with homework and whatever other stuff comes up.  Parents know what I'm talking about.    ;)

So the reality is, about 8 o'clock, I get on and play some Destiny for about 45 minutes, then I have to get the kids to bed and go to bed myself to wake up at 5AM for work.   :(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us