Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656053 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8580 on: November 09, 2015, 09:03:35 am »
Why it gotta be black?!

Joking aside, I will never understand Black Friday. The last thing I want to do after stuffing my face on Thanksgiving is to set up camp outside awful stores like Wal-Mart, Best Buy or Kohl's just to get a good deal.

that is why i only order the stuff you can buy online, more and more places are allowing it now too
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #8581 on: November 09, 2015, 11:50:48 am »
Oh nice one GameStop, Nintendo titles are full MSRP. Great deal!

rayne315

« Reply #8582 on: November 09, 2015, 12:39:01 pm »

so what does that mean exactly? did they raise prices on them? or they just didn't discount them?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8583 on: November 09, 2015, 01:17:19 pm »

so what does that mean exactly? did they raise prices on them? or they just didn't discount them?

They didn't discount them.  They just put them in the ad.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8584 on: November 09, 2015, 01:18:51 pm »

No discount. What's the point of putting that in a sale paper? MSRP = manufacturer's suggested retail price. You know what I'm going out at 4 AM in the cold for? To pay $59.99 for Mario Maker! While the rest of you just went and bought it in your spare time.... suckers!

karyann

« Reply #8585 on: November 09, 2015, 02:30:06 pm »

From what I've noticed on their website in Canada, it's not rare for Gamestop/EBGames to price their games $5 (I've even seen $10 once) above MSRP, so I'd almost consider that a hint about wanting to maybe have a deal of some sort for them  ::) . At least we've got Amazon, Best buy and a few other stores that still sell games at MSRP, so EBG can something something up something else.  :-X

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8586 on: November 09, 2015, 03:15:45 pm »
Might have to contact Nis America I pre-ordered Rodea the sky soldier and it has yet to ship unless it got pushed back again.

kashell

« Reply #8587 on: November 09, 2015, 03:18:06 pm »
Might have to contact Nis America I pre-ordered Rodea the sky soldier and it has yet to ship unless it got pushed back again.

Post some impressions of that game after you try it.

davifus

« Reply #8588 on: November 09, 2015, 04:40:09 pm »

I just got my copy in the mail. It got delayed for me because the payment apparently didn't go through when I had enough money.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8589 on: November 09, 2015, 04:58:36 pm »

I just got my copy in the mail. It got delayed for me because the payment apparently didn't go through when I had enough money.

I actually just opened it up. I checked shipping status yesterday on their site and it was never updated from ordered. And I haven't received any email from PayPal about them taking money out of my account.

Edit: turns out they did take the money out of my paypal I just never received an email from them or PayPal about it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:06:26 pm by redblaze57 »

soera

« Reply #8590 on: November 09, 2015, 08:00:54 pm »
I was wondering about that too but mine says shipping tomorrow. And I bet I was one of the first 100 people to order so I'm not too happy that it pushed mine back on shipping time.

desocietas

« Reply #8591 on: November 09, 2015, 08:28:39 pm »

I actually just opened it up. I checked shipping status yesterday on their site and it was never updated from ordered. And I haven't received any email from PayPal about them taking money out of my account.

Edit: turns out they did take the money out of my paypal I just never received an email from them or PayPal about it.

That's definitely happened to me before. I've received items from NISA and then the shipping notification came a week later  :-[
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #8592 on: November 09, 2015, 09:16:56 pm »
Well, damn it. I just re-read my invoice and for some reason they shipped the item to my old house. Even though I changed my mailing/billing info in August, they still shipped it to the wrong place. I really hope my landlord does not get ahold of it. We didn't leave on the greatest terms.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8593 on: November 10, 2015, 10:59:30 am »
Well, damn it. I just re-read my invoice and for some reason they shipped the item to my old house. Even though I changed my mailing/billing info in August, they still shipped it to the wrong place. I really hope my landlord does not get ahold of it. We didn't leave on the greatest terms.

Let the post office know.  Did you not leave a forwarding address?

desocietas

« Reply #8594 on: November 10, 2015, 11:21:19 am »
This might incite Rayne, but I found this when checking eBay...

Please don't try to sell things with a picture of said item between your legs. I get that you want to take a picture immediately but just hold up the bottle with your hand or something  :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas