Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656009 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8595 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:51 am »
I am still debating if I should buy some......  I am leaning no. Mostly cause i wont drink it and i already know someone will come over one day and do it..... then i might have to shoot them.  ???
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #8596 on: November 10, 2015, 11:32:00 am »
I am still debating if I should buy some......  I am leaning no. Mostly cause i wont drink it and i already know someone will come over one day and do it..... then i might have to shoot them.  ???

Reading these posts at work are so much fun!  None of the pictures or videos show up on my screen, it's just a blank spot.  So I have to guess at what you are talking about! 

Let's see...drink it...are we talking about the Nuka Cola?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #8597 on: November 10, 2015, 11:41:00 am »

Reading these posts at work are so much fun!  None of the pictures or videos show up on my screen, it's just a blank spot.  So I have to guess at what you are talking about! 

Haha, yeah, it's Nuka Cola.  Rayne posted about it in the Fallout 4 thread, but it sounds like it'll be hell to get one bottle if you actually want one. They're going for $50-150 per BOTTLE on eBay...  :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #8598 on: November 10, 2015, 11:48:14 am »

Haha, yeah, it's Nuka Cola.  Rayne posted about it in the Fallout 4 thread, but it sounds like it'll be hell to get one bottle if you actually want one. They're going for $50-150 per BOTTLE on eBay...  :'(

Have some listings actually sold for that much already or is it just a bunch of idiots trying to resell them for that much?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #8599 on: November 10, 2015, 11:56:54 am »

Have some listings actually sold for that much already or is it just a bunch of idiots trying to resell them for that much?

Ok, so $100 tops for a bottle so far, though folks are trying to sell for more atm...

$50 for a bottle is still too much for me, but I'm not a diehard Fallout fan...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #8600 on: November 10, 2015, 12:06:47 pm »

Ok, so $100 tops for a bottle so far, though folks are trying to sell for more atm...

$50 for a bottle is still too much for me, but I'm not a diehard Fallout fan...

me personally I do not look at buy it now prices what i Look at is current bidding prices and as such nuka-cola is going for between $30-40 A BOTTLE!!! currently
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

« Reply #8601 on: November 10, 2015, 12:09:50 pm »
The people actually buying those listings are just as much a part of the problem as the scalpers.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8602 on: November 10, 2015, 12:21:20 pm »
No way would i pay that. sucker is born every minute.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #8603 on: November 10, 2015, 12:22:40 pm »
Q: Is this just a repackaged version of Jones Berry Lemomade? It seems like it.   

A: Yes, it is Berry Lemonade but its the labeling that is Fallout-related. They did not create a new flavor, they used an existing one that resembles Nuka Cola Quantum in the game as best as they could. The packaging is what is exclusive to promote the game, not the actual flavor inside. 

For those who do not know, I pulled this quote directly from targets online store

Now I do not need to go out and buy the quantum for ridiculous prices online as it is literally the exact thing you will get if you buy the berry lemonade from jones.

Now I just want to know everyones opinion on this stupid idea that i will probably never do anyway. What does everyone think about someone creating a fake e-bay account and buying/bidding up every scapers post of certain items like this to an amount that no human will ever pay for all instances of it and obviously not pay for it. for example bidding every quantum up to $5000 just to give scalpers a hard time.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:27:57 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #8604 on: November 10, 2015, 12:23:55 pm »

me personally I do not look at buy it now prices what i Look at is current bidding prices and as such nuka-cola is going for between $30-40 A BOTTLE!!! currently

Fair enough :) still about $50 per bottle for the auctions I see...  :-[
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #8605 on: November 10, 2015, 12:26:50 pm »
The people actually buying those listings are just as much a part of the problem as the scalpers.

It's hard to blame people for wanting something that's so limited.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8606 on: November 10, 2015, 01:24:45 pm »
Nintendo Direct thursday

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8607 on: November 10, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »
Nintendo Direct thursday

BOMBSHELL! Predictions?

They gotta reveal new DLC for Sm4sh for sure. Right? RIGHT???

soera

« Reply #8608 on: November 10, 2015, 06:03:37 pm »
Well, damn it. I just re-read my invoice and for some reason they shipped the item to my old house. Even though I changed my mailing/billing info in August, they still shipped it to the wrong place. I really hope my landlord does not get ahold of it. We didn't leave on the greatest terms.

Let the post office know.  Did you not leave a forwarding address?

Not to change the subject from the Nuka-cola ... but yeah I did leave a forwarding address. Ive been trying to deal with the post office all day about it and its been miserable.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8609 on: November 10, 2015, 08:46:04 pm »
I swung by the local Target to see if they still happened to have any Nuka Cola and was told that their shipment didn't come in. I'm thinking that's code for "our employees bought them all before they made it out of the back room." At least it's not as bad as the Pepsi Perfect fiasco.