Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1655923 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8610 on: November 11, 2015, 12:07:01 pm »
Does anyone think Rodea for the Wii U will be a hard to find game within the coming months next year? I'm contemplating returning it for a refund since I didn't open it. The more I think about it, the more I realize it was not worth the $63.59 I shelled out on it, while not even really planning to pick up it any time soon.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:09:16 pm by Warmsignal »

gf78

« Reply #8611 on: November 11, 2015, 01:09:00 pm »
It's hard to blame people for wanting something that's so limited.

I don't have a problem paying a "premium" for something that I really want and is rare.  After all, I have wanted a 20th Anniversary PS4 since they were announced and I ended up paying a hair over $1200 for one new/sealed.  And that was bidding for it!

But there is a point where you have to take a step back, take a breath and think about what you are doing.  Everyone puts their own value on things, but there is no way in hell I would pay $50 (give or take) for a bottle of juice just because it says Nuka-Cola on it!  What are you going to do with it?  Drink it?  Keep it?  Drink it and just keep the bottle? 

I've been known to keep the aluminum limited edition Mountain Dew bottles or the Halo 3 bottle, but I didn't pay fifty friggin' bucks for it!  If you want a Fallout collectible because well, who doesn't? - buy an action figure, t-shirt, Funko figure, etc. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:12:52 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #8612 on: November 11, 2015, 01:32:09 pm »

I don't have a problem paying a "premium" for something that I really want and is rare.  After all, I have wanted a 20th Anniversary PS4 since they were announced and I ended up paying a hair over $1200 for one new/sealed.  And that was bidding for it!

But there is a point where you have to take a step back, take a breath and think about what you are doing.  Everyone puts their own value on things, but there is no way in hell I would pay $50 (give or take) for a bottle of juice just because it says Nuka-Cola on it!  What are you going to do with it?  Drink it?  Keep it?  Drink it and just keep the bottle? 

I've been known to keep the aluminum limited edition Mountain Dew bottles or the Halo 3 bottle, but I didn't pay fifty friggin' bucks for it!  If you want a Fallout collectible because well, who doesn't? - buy an action figure, t-shirt, Funko figure, etc.

whats worse is the flavor of the soda isn't even limted to the nuka-cola quantum. the flavor (berry lemonade) is one of jones's longest running flavors, It seriously was only picked because it was the soda that looked the closest in appearance to the soda in the game and can be lit from underneath to make that quantum glow. meaning if you wanted to taste quantum you can still go out and get the jones soda minus the label for about $2-3 bucks
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:34:19 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #8613 on: November 11, 2015, 02:24:11 pm »

Totally understandable, though we can't always judge what people spend their time/money on. People probably think I'm crazy for spending over a hundred dollars on a plastic arm accessory thing for a game that I might not be playing for years. I'm not currently allowing myself to spend the amount of money sellers want for Valkyrie Profile, but I can't really dispute too much if others *are* willing to pay that much. If they have the money, more power to them. I'll just have to be patient or save up the funds.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #8614 on: November 11, 2015, 02:35:21 pm »

Totally understandable, though we can't always judge what people spend their time/money on. People probably think I'm crazy for spending over a hundred dollars on a plastic arm accessory thing for a game that I might not be playing for years. I'm not currently allowing myself to spend the amount of money sellers want for Valkyrie Profile, but I can't really dispute too much if others *are* willing to pay that much. If they have the money, more power to them. I'll just have to be patient or save up the funds.

Yeah but I believe there is a very distinct difference between a product that has been out for a long time increasing in value and a product that just came out skyrocketing in price. if this were the stock market someone would be arrested for gaming the system making a 1000%+ profit in less than a day.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:37:26 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #8615 on: November 11, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »

Of course and I wasn't trying to be judgmental.  Just saying that people need to take a step back and think before they leap sometimes.  A bottle of Nuka-Cola is just a $2 bottle of juice, chosen because the color matches and it's not even a "new" flavor, just an existing one with a different label as rayne pointed out.

And I agree with him that something like an expensive copy of Valkyrie Profile isn't the same thing as it is an older game, in short supply and high demand and not a soft drink that scalpers have jacked the prices up through the roof.  As you know, I recently bit the bullet on Valkyrie Profile and the three sequels/spin-offs/remakes and paid a pretty penny for them if you catch my drift. 

If I were to spend $50 on a Nuka-Cola, a year or five years (or whatever) down the road I would hold that bottle up next to a game I paid $50 for or even what I paid for Valkyrie Profile and say to myself "Steve, your a F'n idiot to have bought that."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:02:15 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

Warmsignal

« Reply #8616 on: November 11, 2015, 04:01:07 pm »
Just find myself a bottle of soda remove the label, Photoshop in new label that says Nuka Cola, print it on adhesive photo paper and stick it on the bottle. Voila. Lol

Isn't that what we all really pay so much money for anyway, To have items with old sticker labels printed on them? Technically all the stuff you can still make yourself, but we want the stickers and the booklets / boxes to be old I guess. Lol
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:02:59 pm by Warmsignal »

rayne315

« Reply #8617 on: November 11, 2015, 04:57:59 pm »
Lol I would like to point out something that I just noticed...

http://www.jonessoda.com/code/standard.php

for those that do not look. jones offers you a 12 pack of any flavored soda for $45.99 (unsure if shipping/handling is included) that you can put your own custom label on... now I am not sure if it will work like this but you can probably call them up and ask for the nuka-cola quantum design directly from jones.

EDIT:

The price does include shipping
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:01:17 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8618 on: November 11, 2015, 05:05:05 pm »

for those that do not look. jones offers you a 12 pack of any flavored soda for $45.99 (unsure if shipping/handling is included) that you can put your own custom label on... now I am not sure if it will work like this but you can probably call them up and ask for the nuka-cola quantum design directly from jones.

EDIT:

So you're saying there is an opportunity to make some decent money here?

rayne315

« Reply #8619 on: November 11, 2015, 05:27:03 pm »

EDIT:

So you're saying there is an opportunity to make some decent money here?

IF they let you, if not you can create your own custom label and call it nuko-cola quantom and so if anyone notices on ebay.

lol please don't do this but if they do let you then its a great way to get a product you would keep on your shelf next to your game

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #8620 on: November 12, 2015, 09:44:41 am »
I'm almost 100% positive they won't sell you the Nuka-Cola bottles and almost as positive you won't be able to order your own design.  Companies are very remiss to print anything that has a copyright on it without prior permission from the copyright holder.

rayne315

« Reply #8621 on: November 12, 2015, 10:18:03 am »
I'm almost 100% positive they won't sell you the Nuka-Cola bottles and almost as positive you won't be able to order your own design.  Companies are very remiss to print anything that has a copyright on it without prior permission from the copyright holder.

http://vgtribune.com/jones-soda-co-wants-to-make-more-nuka-cola-quantum-encourages-to-notify-target/

Well then Its not like jones soda is against selling more It is target that is the holdup with re-ordering it.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #8622 on: November 12, 2015, 10:39:15 am »
http://vgtribune.com/jones-soda-co-wants-to-make-more-nuka-cola-quantum-encourages-to-notify-target/

Well then Its not like jones soda is against selling more It is target that is the holdup with re-ordering it.

If I walked into Target and saw it, I would buy it.  But no way in hell am I getting raked over the coals for one!  Hopefully Target realizes there is a demand for this and they order more.

soera

« Reply #8623 on: November 12, 2015, 05:17:54 pm »
Well, damn it. I just re-read my invoice and for some reason they shipped the item to my old house. Even though I changed my mailing/billing info in August, they still shipped it to the wrong place. I really hope my landlord does not get ahold of it. We didn't leave on the greatest terms.

Let the post office know.  Did you not leave a forwarding address?

Not to change the subject from the Nuka-cola ... but yeah I did leave a forwarding address. Ive been trying to deal with the post office all day about it and its been miserable.

On a better note, I got it today. After dealing with the post office and 2-3 different people over 2-3 different days, I got a message from the supervisor on duty today that it was in his office so I went up there and grabbed it. :)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8624 on: November 12, 2015, 05:53:20 pm »
GUYS CLOUD GOT ANNOUNCED FOR SMASH. LIKE CLOUD FROM FINAL FANTASY!