Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1655966 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8640 on: November 17, 2015, 12:58:25 pm »
Yeah. Most of them didn't know what an NES was. It would have been 15 plus years before they were born.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8641 on: November 17, 2015, 01:13:36 pm »
On the topic of 'Auditing' your game collection it definitely is a great feeling. Some things I would also do.

1. Make sure you have everything you own for the game listed too so you know what you're missing (manuals, art, bad shape disc, etc.)
2. Clean up everything real nice if you have time.
3. TEST everything!!! I can't tell everyone here how nice it is to have tested everything I own in late August and know everything works, now I can just test games as I get them in and it is so much easier.

rayne315

« Reply #8642 on: November 17, 2015, 01:48:56 pm »
On the topic of 'Auditing' your game collection it definitely is a great feeling. Some things I would also do.

1. Make sure you have everything you own for the game listed too so you know what you're missing (manuals, art, bad shape disc, etc.)
2. Clean up everything real nice if you have time.
3. TEST everything!!! I can't tell everyone here how nice it is to have tested everything I own in late August and know everything works, now I can just test games as I get them in and it is so much easier.

I was planning on doing #1 and 3 (if I have time) but #2 will have to wait as I am out of materials to clean with and Im pretty sure my gf is going to make me up a video game repair kit for Christmas

Yeah. Most of them didn't know what an NES was. It would have been 15 plus years before they were born.

lol does that mean that they knew what that strange wood-grain box was? did you let them test the systems first?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:52:51 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

karyann

« Reply #8643 on: November 17, 2015, 01:51:23 pm »
My graphic design class set up a video game timeline display. As the teacher I provided the items.
We're not quite done yet. still have to do recent stuff.

That looks awesome! It's a really cool project to do with students  :)

gf78

« Reply #8644 on: November 17, 2015, 02:33:57 pm »
well Im going to have fun this week. I am going to go through my collection and find everything that I have not currently added, all piece buy piece. (I started to notice I have quite a few games not logged on this site) so I have 1000+ items to go through and probably 50+ unlogged games (rough estimate)

I did this quite recently myself.  Bought a half dozen brand new storage totes and reorganized everything by system in alphabetical order while also cross-checking with my database here.  I have a bunch of swag to add at the moment, but all the games are accurate.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8645 on: November 18, 2015, 10:15:29 am »
Y'all keep your fingers crossed/say a prayer/send positive thoughts my way.  I made an offer on a house yesterday.  This will be my second house I own until the other one gets sold. 

Hopefully, The Boy and I can get this place, get moved in, and start our lives fresh. 

Another positive note is that I'll have good internet.  I'll get back to making videos and I won't be holding RR back anymore.  Anyone want to buy/build me a computer?

gf78

« Reply #8646 on: November 18, 2015, 10:18:18 am »
Y'all keep your fingers crossed/say a prayer/send positive thoughts my way.  I made an offer on a house yesterday.  This will be my second house I own until the other one gets sold. 

Hopefully, The Boy and I can get this place, get moved in, and start our lives fresh. 

Another positive note is that I'll have good internet.  I'll get back to making videos and I won't be holding RR back anymore.  Anyone want to buy/build me a computer?

I hope it all goes well. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #8647 on: November 18, 2015, 12:37:09 pm »
Ho ho ho, bitches. Check out my new avatar courtesy of Telly.

telly

« Reply #8648 on: November 18, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »
Yessssss! You could try cropping out the bottom half so you get a better look at his Santa Sack and hat, if you wanted :)

Also, no Tootsie Roll sword?  :(
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #8649 on: November 18, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »
Nah, Tootsie Rolls are the enemy. If someone could make an animate GIF of Kashell attacking Tootsie Rolls with his sword, it would make me very happy.

telly

« Reply #8650 on: November 18, 2015, 03:18:27 pm »
I assumed that in your world, since Tootsie Rolls are so despised that hitting things with them is akin to the worst thing possible, thus it would make a good weapon?
Currently Playing:

rayne315

« Reply #8651 on: November 18, 2015, 04:13:33 pm »
I assumed that in your world, since Tootsie Rolls are so despised that hitting things with them is akin to the worst thing possible, thus it would make a good weapon?

... I hate to say it but he has got a point...

Also when did I ever get a wonderswan game????? Its unlogged and was chilling in my loose handheld box. I cant remember the title of It and cannot remember ever buying it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:15:44 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #8652 on: November 18, 2015, 04:34:41 pm »
Nah, weapons are meant to be cherished and admired. Cloud loves his Buster Sword. Crono loves his Rainbow Katana. Stahn loves Dymlos. XD

So, Kashell wielding something he doesn't like just wouldn't let him perform to the best of his abilities.

karyann

« Reply #8653 on: November 18, 2015, 09:36:01 pm »
Also when did I ever get a wonderswan game????? Its unlogged and was chilling in my loose handheld box. I cant remember the title of It and cannot remember ever buying it.

If you want some help, take a picture and share it here, we can surely help you decipher the title! I'm barely above 10% joyo (mainly used) kanjis learnt, but that might help more than not knowing at all. And I know we got others who can read Japanese too!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:48:07 pm by karyann »

telly

« Reply #8654 on: November 18, 2015, 11:47:12 pm »
Nah, weapons are meant to be cherished and admired. Cloud loves his Buster Sword. Crono loves his Rainbow Katana. Stahn loves Dymlos. XD

So, Kashell wielding something he doesn't like just wouldn't let him perform to the best of his abilities.

Only the best of warriors can master what they truly fear.   8)
Currently Playing: