Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656274 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8775 on: December 03, 2015, 09:51:38 pm »
And let it be known: I think the concept of firearms is fascinating. There is so much history behind them. Heck, in RPGs I enjoy using characters that can use them (Lucca, Ludger Kresnick, Emelia,etc.). However, granting people access to them (some of which should only be provided to the military) is just ridiculous.

For what it's worth; 30 round magazines are illegal, and scary black guns have to be registered in California.  More control isn't the answer. Guns aren't the problem.  It's a mental health problem. 

What's the difference between an AR-15 and a semi-automatic .223 hunting rifle?  I bet the people passing those gun control laws don't know either.
30 rounders are illegal to now sell. But possession is not illegal. If you can prove you had them before 2000. The days of "rebuild kits" were fun times. Lol.
Long guns only recently became registered. Unless it's a true AW. Then yes. They are registered for years.

I'm a pro gun guy in California. I own evil black rifles. And there are a lot of gunnies here and lots of AR-15s here. While it's sad what happen. I'm with turf. Don't blame the guns. Blame the action of people.
Just my 2 cents.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you own? I don't own anything right now, but I'd love to collect stuff that was imported before 1989. The prices on those (and Colt Pythons) are pretty much in low earth orbit now, you can buy a decent used car for what some of those go for now.
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Mosin Nagant m44
Mossberg 500
2 AR15s
Hi Point 9mm rifle
Savage Arms .22
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8776 on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:18 pm »
Anyone ever buy from Lukiegames.com?

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #8777 on: December 03, 2015, 10:23:16 pm »
I actually just bought a secret Santa gift from them on eBay.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #8778 on: December 04, 2015, 09:28:55 am »
I guess I'll reiterate one more time: I think firearms are interesting. I'm not scared of guns. I've fired them at the shooting range, but the issue has to deal more with people that have them and lack the education and the fact that this is starting to become a part of our country's daily news. It has to stop.

At any rate, everyone knows my stance on this topic du jour. Agree. Disagree. Laugh. Cry. Eat a bowl of grits. No biggie (smalls) since I'm going to drop it until something happens in the news and I get fired up again. Hopefully it doesn't.

In gaming news, I'm still pleasantly surprised by FF Type 0. I've been using Queen for nearly everything because she is so damn fierce. In non-gaming news, I will be starting my Christmas shopping tomorrow... *sigh*

telly

« Reply #8779 on: December 04, 2015, 10:16:06 am »
Two more weeks until I'm done with what is probably my toughest semester of college yet! It's been a long couple of months, that's for sure
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8780 on: December 04, 2015, 10:21:38 am »
Alright. New topic.

Anyone see my hubby throw the Hail Mary touchdown last night? Yes he is amazing. ❤️ 

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8781 on: December 04, 2015, 11:22:32 am »
Lions lost in the most lions way possible. I dont know how you don't just make a clean tackle after Green Bay has to start doing laterals.

kashell

« Reply #8782 on: December 04, 2015, 11:26:08 am »
Two more weeks until I'm done with what is probably my toughest semester of college yet! It's been a long couple of months, that's for sure

Keep up the good work. The end is in sight!!

gf78

« Reply #8783 on: December 04, 2015, 11:37:45 am »
And let it be known: I think the concept of firearms is fascinating. There is so much history behind them. Heck, in RPGs I enjoy using characters that can use them (Lucca, Ludger Kresnick, Emelia,etc.). However, granting people access to them (some of which should only be provided to the military) is just ridiculous.

For what it's worth; 30 round magazines are illegal, and scary black guns have to be registered in California.  More control isn't the answer. Guns aren't the problem.  It's a mental health problem. 

What's the difference between an AR-15 and a semi-automatic .223 hunting rifle?  I bet the people passing those gun control laws don't know either.
30 rounders are illegal to now sell. But possession is not illegal. If you can prove you had them before 2000. The days of "rebuild kits" were fun times. Lol.
Long guns only recently became registered. Unless it's a true AW. Then yes. They are registered for years.

I'm a pro gun guy in California. I own evil black rifles. And there are a lot of gunnies here and lots of AR-15s here. While it's sad what happen. I'm with turf. Don't blame the guns. Blame the action of people.
Just my 2 cents.

My two cents.  I completely agree that guns are not the problem, it's the people who have no business having access to them let alone owning them.

That being said, there is a need for accountability.  Any joker can walk into a gun show and buy whatever firearm they want.  Don't believe it?  I've watched locals walk into the Civic Center on the weekend when they have a show and walk out with all manner of guns, handguns included.  No background check.  No ID.  No nothing.  Cash changed hands and so did a weapon.

Banning guns won't solve the issue as the people who are committing these crimes (typically) did not obtain them through legal means.  I don't have the answers, but we have to do something.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8784 on: December 04, 2015, 12:00:32 pm »

Well, as it stands most law abiding citizens do not own a gun

Huh? Can't tell if you're serious.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:19:56 pm by burningdoom »

gf78

« Reply #8785 on: December 04, 2015, 12:28:34 pm »

Well, as it stands most law abiding citizens do not own a gun

Huh? Can't tell if your serious.

Honestly, I think it really depends on where you live.  Here in Missouri, there are more guns than people.  Someplace like New Jersey?  Probably not so much.  I'm sure you can find some statistical map data online showing the amount of gun owners per state.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #8786 on: December 04, 2015, 12:48:13 pm »
2015 has been such a year of highs and lows. Today is no exception. @_@

High: Don Blankenship is guilty.

Low: Scott Weiland from STP/Velvet Revolver has passed away at 48.

High: Ethan Couch will finally be getting the punishment he deserves.

Low: This has been removed to prevent harming anyone's delicate sensibilities.

gf78

« Reply #8787 on: December 04, 2015, 01:08:15 pm »
2015 has been such a year of highs and lows. Today is no exception. @_@

High: Don Blankenship is guilty.

Low: Scott Weiland from STP/Velvet Revolver has passed away at 48.

High: Ethan Couch will finally be getting the punishment he deserves.

Low: This has been removed to prevent harming anyone's delicate sensibilities.

Did the drugs finally do Scott in? 

kashell

« Reply #8788 on: December 04, 2015, 01:14:20 pm »
That would be my immediate guess, but I haven't been keeping up with the story since I first heard the news. ;__;

« Reply #8789 on: December 04, 2015, 01:26:31 pm »
They found him dead on the tour bus, so I'm guessing it was an overdose of some sort, knowing his substance abuse history.