Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598572 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11070 on: May 16, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »
Reading an article on Polygon where Ben Kuchera or whatever laments that he can't figure out which button is power and which is eject on the PS4...three years on.  Followed by the normal crowd of people with nothing better to do than bitch on a topic about something so inconsequential. 

My opinion?  If you are so fracking stupid you can't figure out after three years what button does what, then maybe you should focus on doing something besides gaming!  They are marked people!  And for the whiners complaining about them not being "clicky", if they actually owned a PS4 instead of bitching about it, they would know that all the newer models switched to physical buttons almost two years ago!  My 20th Anniversary model from December 2014 has physical buttons!

Sometimes this whole entitled, whiner generation we are producing just pisses me off.  "Oh, I hate that I can't figure out which button ejects the disc.  Oh, I hate that I might have to get off my dead, Cheetos eating ass to swap a disc.  It's such a pain.  Oh, I hate that I work at McDonald's for minimum wage and I deserve $15 an hour even though I can't get a fucking order straight.  Oh, I hate that I have to turn my phone off and stop making my oh-so-important posts and uploading Instagram pics of my dinner just because I am in a movie theater."  What a load of pussies the US of A is turning out these days.   ::)
I can never remember which button is which, the icon for the button is so small even in good light it's hard to see, but particularly difficult in poor/no lighting.  I don't play my PS4 very much, and even when I do, I generally have digital goodies to play, so I rarely mess with those buttons.  But when I do, I almost always get them wrong.

I don't know, I think it's a legitimate complaint.  Sometimes I turn off the system when I mean to take out the disc, and sometimes I eject the disc when I mean to turn off the system.  Call it stupidity, but as an engineer, I know that's poor design.

I didn't read the article, so I don't know how much that guy was whining, but it seems like a legitimate complaint, and even more so not really worth getting so worked up about it.

I don't really care about the clickiness, only late model PS3s had clicky buttons, the rest had similar buttons.  I bought my PS4 on launch day, so I know nothing about later model PS4s.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11071 on: May 16, 2016, 05:10:10 pm »
I have gotta say my super slim model PS3 with the sliding disc tray is the most satisfaction (aside from the gamecube) I have ever had with opening a console.

desocietas

« Reply #11072 on: May 16, 2016, 05:32:02 pm »
I'm with ctracy87... I don't use my PS4 very much, but I *always* get those buttons wrong. Or I'll brush up against it and never know what's going to happen.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11073 on: May 16, 2016, 06:40:34 pm »
easiest way to remember you Power it "UP"

desocietas

« Reply #11074 on: May 16, 2016, 07:31:33 pm »
easiest way to remember you Power it "UP"

I like that - that should help me :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

« Reply #11075 on: May 17, 2016, 04:25:57 am »
Just got this e-mail from Comcept...

Greetings from the Mighty No. 9 team!

If you're receiving this email, you are eligible for a digital copy of Mighty No. 9. Please fill out the following survey to claim your copy of the game!

The Mighty No. 9 Team

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mighty No.9 支援者のみなさま

いつもお世話になっております。
株式会社comcept Mighty No. 9チームです。

このメッセージを受けとられた方は
「Mighty No. 9」のデジタル配信版を入手する権利をお持ちです、
下記のリンクをクリックしてご希望のゲーム機をお選びください。

Mighty No. 9チームより

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel? Once it gets released, how long before Inafune takes another stab at getting Red Ash off the ground?  :P

« Reply #11076 on: May 17, 2016, 07:57:59 am »
Just got this e-mail from Comcept...

Greetings from the Mighty No. 9 team!

If you're receiving this email, you are eligible for a digital copy of Mighty No. 9. Please fill out the following survey to claim your copy of the game!

The Mighty No. 9 Team

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mighty No.9 支援者のみなさま

いつもお世話になっております。
株式会社comcept Mighty No. 9チームです。

このメッセージを受けとられた方は
「Mighty No. 9」のデジタル配信版を入手する権利をお持ちです、
下記のリンクをクリックしてご希望のゲーム機をお選びください。

Mighty No. 9チームより

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel? Once it gets released, how long before Inafune takes another stab at getting Red Ash off the ground?  :P
The game already went Gold, I believe its release date is June 21st.

Red Ash received external funding, I can't recall what company, I wanna say Fuse.

abe

« Reply #11077 on: May 17, 2016, 09:32:23 am »
Red Ash received external funding, I can't recall what company, I wanna say Fuse.

Red Ash was funded by a Chinese company called Fuze Entertainment.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/red-ash-fully-funded-fuze-ps4-xbox-one-pc
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #11078 on: May 17, 2016, 09:45:37 am »

Red Ash was funded by a Chinese company called Fuze Entertainment.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/red-ash-fully-funded-fuze-ps4-xbox-one-pc
I wanna say it's the same company releasing the Fuse F1 game system.  I imagine that's kind of part of their deal.

gf78

« Reply #11079 on: May 17, 2016, 11:04:00 am »
I can never remember which button is which, the icon for the button is so small even in good light it's hard to see, but particularly difficult in poor/no lighting.  I don't play my PS4 very much, and even when I do, I generally have digital goodies to play, so I rarely mess with those buttons.  But when I do, I almost always get them wrong.

I don't know, I think it's a legitimate complaint.  Sometimes I turn off the system when I mean to take out the disc, and sometimes I eject the disc when I mean to turn off the system.  Call it stupidity, but as an engineer, I know that's poor design.

I didn't read the article, so I don't know how much that guy was whining, but it seems like a legitimate complaint, and even more so not really worth getting so worked up about it.

I don't really care about the clickiness, only late model PS3s had clicky buttons, the rest had similar buttons.  I bought my PS4 on launch day, so I know nothing about later model PS4s.

The guy who wrote the article says he uses it about every day since before it was officially released since y'know...press gets their stuff early.  I've never found it to be a problem.  There is a symbol marking it on each button.  I really don't pay it any mind whatsoever...but doesn't the power light illuminate blue along with the strip along the top of the console when it's powered on?  Like I said, I don't pay any attention to it.  The only time I even touch the console besides dusting it off when I'm cleaning is to occasionally swap the disc out.  I power it on and off with the PS button on the controller.  The buttons were made to be small and unobtrusive, giving the system a sleek look.  But I can honestly say that when I first set up the PS4, I saw where the buttons were and never had to think about it again.  I've never accidentally hit one when I was trying to touch the other.  But that's just me.

I didn't get worked up about it really, just dealing with all the other entitled whining in the world and then reading that made me feel I had to get it off my chest. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11080 on: May 17, 2016, 11:45:01 am »

The guy who wrote the article says he uses it about every day since before it was officially released since y'know...press gets their stuff early.  I've never found it to be a problem.  There is a symbol marking it on each button.  I really don't pay it any mind whatsoever...but doesn't the power light illuminate blue along with the strip along the top of the console when it's powered on?  Like I said, I don't pay any attention to it.  The only time I even touch the console besides dusting it off when I'm cleaning is to occasionally swap the disc out.  I power it on and off with the PS button on the controller.  The buttons were made to be small and unobtrusive, giving the system a sleek look.  But I can honestly say that when I first set up the PS4, I saw where the buttons were and never had to think about it again.  I've never accidentally hit one when I was trying to touch the other.  But that's just me.

I didn't get worked up about it really, just dealing with all the other entitled whining in the world and then reading that made me feel I had to get it off my chest.
Yes, it lights up blue, and to be quite frank, I hate that, so I cover it up with game cases or something.  But even if I didn't, its not like it gives off enough light to be able to see the little 2 mm icon on the front of the machine.  I guess I'm saying that the PS2 and PS3 were more intuitive than the PS4 in that regard.

karyann

« Reply #11081 on: May 17, 2016, 12:24:29 pm »
My 20th Anniversary model from December 2014 has physical buttons!

My 20th anniversary has the "touchy" buttons  ??? I'm also in the clan of "I often get them wrong" since the label is honestly really small and hard to read, but when I use my system I get used to it again pretty quicky.

But I still don't get why our 20th anniversary don't have the same buttons  :o

« Reply #11082 on: May 17, 2016, 12:37:28 pm »
My 20th Anniversary model from December 2014 has physical buttons!

My 20th anniversary has the "touchy" buttons  ??? I'm also in the clan of "I often get them wrong" since the label is honestly really small and hard to read, but when I use my system I get used to it again pretty quicky.

But I still don't get why our 20th anniversary don't have the same buttons  :o
I've not opened mine, so I can't really pick a side.

karyann

« Reply #11083 on: May 17, 2016, 12:46:19 pm »
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/PS4_20th_2493.jpg

This picture makes it look like the buttons are level, which would be the "touchy" ones. I'm really curious as to why some have the clicky buttons, but I guess we'll probably never know  :(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11084 on: May 17, 2016, 12:46:30 pm »
Recently, I started to get really bad calf cramps when i wake up...... Its like when you stretch when you first wake up, and bam, a painful cramp, to the point, you are in pure agony for 5 minutes, to the point you cant yell for help....

Looks like i need more bananas in my diet.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730