Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1528271 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11145 on: May 23, 2016, 09:15:24 pm »
Ori and the blind forest retail is up on amazon at least for xbone just go to the digital version and there should be the option to preorder the physical version

Oh yeah, I did see that. I meant the limited edition, but thanks for mentioning that for folks :)

I preordered the standard release with no problems! Prime dropped it to $16.95 :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11146 on: May 23, 2016, 11:31:29 pm »
I made it nearly 3 weeks without buying a game.
It got easier as time went on.

Today, I failed. Damn you Amazon Prime and your $10 off preorders!  It also didn't help that it was TMNT that I "preordered" tonight. It should be here Thursday.

I'm weak when it comes to games.

kashell

« Reply #11147 on: May 24, 2016, 08:19:30 am »
I watched some footage of Ori. Maybe it'll be an excuse to set the Xbone back up.

kashell

« Reply #11148 on: May 24, 2016, 10:41:17 am »
Double post because we are going here on Friday:

http://www.skyzone.com/franklin/

I can't wait. Hashtag, I never grew up.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11149 on: May 24, 2016, 11:09:43 am »
So, anyways didn't have time to work on the SNES last night but I was just thinking I have not bought anything with my save my change yet. I was thinking about picking up some Phantasy Star titles. Has anyone played them? Would it benefit me to get a SMS and PS1 and play through that first?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11150 on: May 24, 2016, 11:51:33 am »
Why the hell is California Senior Advocates League sending my stuff in the mail? Do they know something i dont?  :o
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #11151 on: May 24, 2016, 12:54:43 pm »
So, anyways didn't have time to work on the SNES last night but I was just thinking I have not bought anything with my save my change yet. I was thinking about picking up some Phantasy Star titles. Has anyone played them? Would it benefit me to get a SMS and PS1 and play through that first?

Phantasy Star is a cool RPG series.  If you are unsure, buy the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 first.  It has all the original Phantasy Star games on it.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #11152 on: May 24, 2016, 12:56:40 pm »
I watched some footage of Ori. Maybe it'll be an excuse to set the Xbone back up.

It's the only exclusive XB1 game that seems interesting to me. It looks really nice!

rayne315

« Reply #11153 on: May 24, 2016, 06:03:52 pm »
sometimes I hate people... I was at the local bad pawn shop yesterday and they had a NES with a grey zapper, the triple cart of Mario bros/Duck hunt/world class track meet, 2 controllers, and all necessary cords for $350... no box just all the contents... and while I was looking at their large collection of overpriced games someone came in and actually bought it. WTF?

I don't care much for that shop so I should have told the guy I would sell him all of that for $250. Id get banned but I would make a bunch of money also.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:05:52 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11154 on: May 24, 2016, 07:34:16 pm »
sometimes I hate people... I was at the local bad pawn shop yesterday and they had a NES with a grey zapper, the triple cart of Mario bros/Duck hunt/world class track meet, 2 controllers, and all necessary cords for $350... no box just all the contents... and while I was looking at their large collection of overpriced games someone came in and actually bought it. WTF?

I don't care much for that shop so I should have told the guy I would sell him all of that for $250. Id get banned but I would make a bunch of money also.

I would have said something to that person.

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11155 on: May 25, 2016, 08:18:46 am »
They paid that much for that? That's insane.

gf78

« Reply #11156 on: May 25, 2016, 09:03:19 am »
That's ridiculous.  One of the V-Stock stores around the St. Louis area has a complete, in box original NES with the Zapper, Rob and separate carts for Duck Hunt and Gyromite.  The deluxe set.  I don't think it was more than $250 and they have the whole thing in a locked display case.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11157 on: May 25, 2016, 05:16:23 pm »
I just want to take a second and be thankful that I got into this hobby early.  Son of a bitch! Things are getting out of hand.

I saw a guy on reddit posting pictures of an NES and 10 or so games for $100 and was pumped.  I wouldn't have given more than $40 for it.

I'm glad I can just buy stuff I want now and not try to complete any sets.  I don't care to drop money on games that I want.  Collecting for collecting's sake is just too damn expensive any more.

Alright, I'm done.  Y'all can go on about your day. 

kashell

« Reply #11158 on: May 26, 2016, 08:21:28 am »
I was talking about that with a friend yesterday. Buying a game just because it's there is bizarre and expensive.

In other news, I finished a really challenging side-quest in FFXIII and got a five star rating. It was a struggle, but the rewards were well worth it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11159 on: May 26, 2016, 08:46:07 am »
Why....why would you show a burger joint commercial at 5:44am..... now I want a burger and fries...

1049-2600-8730