Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1585488 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11310 on: June 09, 2016, 09:16:45 am »
That sounds like the perfect day. A day with sushi and a loved one is a good day in my book, but the rest of those things make it sound like the best day ever. I'm glad you had such a swell time!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11311 on: June 09, 2016, 09:39:21 am »

So this is not a very good game. Think of the cheapest, cheesiest horror movie you've ever seen, and then turn it into a game and you've got Blue Stinger. Terrible voice-acting. Cheesy "monsters". The story is some thing about dinosaur DNA returning and mutating creatures. The graphics look more akin to PS1 than what you'd expect from Dreamcast. And the gameplay just feels a little off. The way you're characters walk just feels awkward.

So it's not really any one terrible thing about this game. It's more a bunch of little things that just add up to a bad whole.

Unless you're big Dreamcast collector, I'd stay away from this one. If you want good survival-horror just get the Resident Evil games on Dreamcast. And Carrier is a good alternative on Dreamcast if you've played through all the REs already.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11312 on: June 09, 2016, 03:10:32 pm »
Play it on christmas BD ;)

Also,

Anyone have a Retron 5 or similar clone system? After just getting a SNES I have been looking and the thought of buying SFC games and patching them for the wealth of a SNES library we never had released over here is very tempting. Does anyone have any experience with one? I read Dashv's review but it seems a bit outdated and was wondering if anything better has come around in the last 2 years.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:47:36 pm by tafk »

kashell

« Reply #11313 on: June 10, 2016, 08:37:22 am »
"YESS!"

That's the word one says after they finish a really tough C'ieth Stone Mission in Final Fantasy XIII. Mission 62 puts you up against two monsters that will chain cast spell after spell. It was a brutal fight, but I emerged victorious AND with 5 Stars. I'm very excited. I'm almost done with all of these missions and I've earned a 5 Star rating on each of them.

I played FFXIII when it was first released, but I'm having way more fun with it now during my second run.

Anyone have a Retron 5 or similar clone system? After just getting a SNES I have been looking and the thought of buying SFC games and patching them for the wealth of a SNES library we never had released over here is very tempting. Does anyone have any experience with one? I read Dashv's review but it seems a bit outdated and was wondering if anything better has come around in the last 2 years.

I have a Retron 5. They play Super Famicom games like a dream.

soera

« Reply #11314 on: June 10, 2016, 10:45:57 am »
I have a Retron 5 as well. The only issue I have is the controller. Its a piece of shit. Of course you can use SNES or other controllers but they do not have a home button and there is no reset (at least that I could find) so every time you change games, its a 2-3 minute process to turn it off ... remove game ... and turn the thing back on.

« Reply #11315 on: June 10, 2016, 10:58:41 am »
I have a Retron 5 as well. The only issue I have is the controller. Its a piece of shit. Of course you can use SNES or other controllers but they do not have a home button and there is no reset (at least that I could find) so every time you change games, its a 2-3 minute process to turn it off ... remove game ... and turn the thing back on.
Yup.  The buttons on the controller are dookie, the connection is dookie, the battery life is dookie, everything is dookie.

I don't know if you can, but it would be nice to be able to use a ps3 controller on the retron 5.

kashell

« Reply #11316 on: June 10, 2016, 11:07:42 am »
I'll third the sentiment about the controller. It's so bad. Like, Final Fantasy IX Strategy Guide levels of bad.

gf78

« Reply #11317 on: June 10, 2016, 11:32:11 am »
That controller is a rickety-rackety piece of janky junk.  Never really thought about any issue with a home button.  I wonder if there is a button combination on the NES/SNES/ETC. controllers that would act as the home button?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11318 on: June 10, 2016, 11:35:28 am »
I'll third the sentiment about the controller. It's so bad. Like, Final Fantasy IX Strategy Guide levels of bad.
Is that the one where it says "Go look at Play Online for the actual information you want"  "This website no longer exists"

soera

« Reply #11319 on: June 10, 2016, 11:42:26 am »
That controller is a rickety-rackety piece of janky junk.  Never really thought about any issue with a home button.  I wonder if there is a button combination on the NES/SNES/ETC. controllers that would act as the home button?

I tried a bunch of combos last night and nothing did anything.

kashell

« Reply #11320 on: June 10, 2016, 11:51:05 am »
Is that the one where it says "Go look at Play Online for the actual information you want"  "This website no longer exists"

Yes. Dear sweet gods and goddesses, yes. That guide was the biggest pile of super-sonic, idiotic, brain infected, disconnected, pile of shit. Brady Games should feel ashamed that they published that.

« Reply #11321 on: June 10, 2016, 11:53:28 am »

Yes. Dear sweet gods and goddesses, yes. That guide was the biggest pile of super-sonic, idiotic, brain infected, disconnected, pile of shit. Brady Games should feel ashamed that they published that.
Years ago, I bought my wife a sealed FF9 and the guide still sealed, she was soooo pissed when she went to play and found out that the site was gone.

But I bought the new hardback guides.

kashell

« Reply #11322 on: June 10, 2016, 11:55:03 am »

Years ago, I bought my wife a sealed FF9 and the guide still sealed, she was soooo pissed when she went to play and found out that the site was gone.

Not that it's saying much, but is the new hardback guide better?

« Reply #11323 on: June 10, 2016, 12:01:52 pm »

Not that it's saying much, but is the new hardback guide better?
It doesn't have the go online crap, that's about the only better thing.

karyann

« Reply #11324 on: June 10, 2016, 12:06:43 pm »
Yes. Dear sweet gods and goddesses, yes.

Thanks for including Farore, Nayru and Din as well as Odin <3 Never forget Farore, Nayru and Din.