Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663854 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11745 on: July 26, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »
OMIGAWD. Lady D, is your new avatar Aht from Radiant Historia? That is fantastic; such a great game.

Good eye as always, Kash ;)

I'm picked up my playthrough of RH again and hope to get a little farther... But yes, such an amazing game. Excellent soundtrack, too, and I look forward to what Shimumura does with FFXV.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11746 on: July 26, 2016, 02:49:47 pm »
Yeah, I love her work. I didn't know that she was in charge of FFXV. I really haven't had much interest in that, but now I'm a bit more intrigued if she's the one behind the music. Have you listened to the Legend of Mana soundtrack?

desocietas

« Reply #11747 on: July 26, 2016, 02:58:32 pm »
Yeah, I love her work. I didn't know that she was in charge of FFXV. I really haven't had much interest in that, but now I'm a bit more intrigued if she's the one behind the music. Have you listened to the Legend of Mana soundtrack?

Not the soundtrack itself, but it's one of my favorite games from my early days of RPGs (despite everyone's hate for it coming after Secret of Mana), and I remember the music being great!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11748 on: July 26, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »

Not the soundtrack itself, but it's one of my favorite games from my early days of RPGs (despite everyone's hate for it coming after Secret of Mana), and I remember the music being great!

That's right; I forgot that a bunch of people didn't like it because it wasn't the Mana game that they expected. At first I was slightly put off by how different it was, but eventually it became a favorite of the era. It was always so exciting to see what new place would pop up after placing an artifact.

necrosexual

« Reply #11749 on: July 26, 2016, 03:52:12 pm »
in great new news, i should be getting a new job in two weeks and the chick who is manager over drivers has practically promised me that ye ol' $2000/month income is heading back my way again. i've stuck with the pizza delivery service i have so far not for the money, but for a certain manager who i respect a lot. i put in a two week's notice last saturday, though, i'm really sick of being broke all the time.

all in all, it means i should, if all goes as planned, be back to a $200 surplus a month for vidya hunting. fuck yeaaaaaaa. that's with putting money back for the surgeries i need... which i've been unable to do for months now (i currently make about $1400 a month, yeowch). and that doesn't include maybe working a few days under the table for another service (chinese tho)

fucking finally. i won't be getting the 55 hr weeks i wanted, no one is offering major overtime like the old job i had, and that sucks, but i should be making almost as much with less hours and the days off that i want so i can actually fucking play games. rn i work 36 hr weeks, but i work goddamn near daily, with a madly fluctuating schedule.
fucking hype.

Pro tip: don't read how to do cool stuff in a video game you're playing during the early hours of work and then look at the clock to see you've only been there for a few minutes.

It's going to be a long day.

You know what I do to pass the time at work?  I listen to past episodes of the Our Parents' Basement Podcast!  You can download it on iTunes, GooglePlay, and Stitcher!

you just reminded me that i need to take earbuds with me to work.
the music my new manager plays is basically club ghetto shit and it drives me fucking insane. thank you.

tho i pass the time at work (in the car) learning russian normally ;'D

That's right; I forgot that a bunch of people didn't like it because it wasn't the Mana game that they expected. At first I was slightly put off by how different it was, but eventually it became a favorite of the era. It was always so exciting to see what new place would pop up after placing an artifact.

i love legend of mana. but i didn't play secret of mana first... when i finally got my hands on secret of mana i didn't like it and sold it lmao
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:00:45 pm by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

desocietas

« Reply #11750 on: July 26, 2016, 04:27:32 pm »
i love legend of mana. but i didn't play secret of mana first... when i finally got my hands on secret of mana i didn't like it and sold it lmao

Haha, yeah, I played LoM first and when I played SoM, I'm like wth is this? I can definitely understand how people felt cheated or whatever. But LoM is a great game on its own imo.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11751 on: July 27, 2016, 08:45:48 am »
It definitely is, especially when things start to click and all of the options are available to you. Weapon Crafting was really fun (and needed) on the harder difficulties.

karyann

« Reply #11752 on: July 27, 2016, 08:56:31 am »
*shrug*  I always feel weird about buying games for the Wii because I'll probably never play them.  But I've heard good things about Little King's Story, and it's XSEED which is good.  Plus, it's been on my wishlist for a long time, it's among the few games that survived me cutting out hundreds of games from my wishlist.

It's also on the Vita! It released physically in Europe and the Vita is region free, if you want to import it :)

« Reply #11753 on: July 27, 2016, 09:59:01 am »
*shrug*  I always feel weird about buying games for the Wii because I'll probably never play them.  But I've heard good things about Little King's Story, and it's XSEED which is good.  Plus, it's been on my wishlist for a long time, it's among the few games that survived me cutting out hundreds of games from my wishlist.

It's also on the Vita! It released physically in Europe and the Vita is region free, if you want to import it :)
Is it the same game?  I kind of figured it is a sequel.

rayne315

« Reply #11754 on: July 27, 2016, 11:30:25 am »
So in your guys's honest opinion what do you think will set me up for more success? streaming games to twitch? or making youtube video's with no editing experience? im trying to make a small amount of money to help buy games with.

I recently started twitch streaming but still seem to have problems striking conversations and don't really know how to keep viewers.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #11755 on: July 27, 2016, 11:37:39 am »
Neither. Get a second job at a game store and all of your problems will be solved.

Jokes aside, my guess is Twitch since you said you don't know anything about editing YT videos.

soera

« Reply #11756 on: July 27, 2016, 11:39:53 am »
Please dont try to rely on online videos to make money. You most likely will end up wasting your time.

rayne315

« Reply #11757 on: July 27, 2016, 12:33:55 pm »
Please dont try to rely on online videos to make money. You most likely will end up wasting your time.

I know I wont make any large amount of money but I also know that im playing games all the time and I think I can make my games work for me. im not trying to make it my full time job or anything like that but if I can make you know 5-10 Bucks a month or so doing what I do anyway then that's more than what I started with. (even if it take a year to get to that point)

I know its not much of a data point but in the last 2 weeks of streaming on twitch I have had 150 or so views based on the analytics but only 20 show up on the stream page.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:39:22 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #11758 on: July 27, 2016, 01:23:11 pm »
Soera is correct, though. Doing YouTube or Twitch for money, no matter how little your expectations are, isn't the way to go. The broadcaster will end up obsessing over numbers, views, stats, etc. when the reality is that most viewers want to watch someone have fun.

I've been on Twitch semi-regularly for over two years and have some unedited videos on YT. Yes, I may have received some money through Twitch, but never anything I can count on. One day you might get five bucks, then the next three months it's dry as a bone. I only do it because I enjoy the socializing and want to play the games.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #11759 on: July 27, 2016, 02:17:49 pm »
I've been whining that I'm going to start doing that for years now, if only as an excuse to make myself play some of the games in my collection that I wouldn't otherwise get around to (specifically all of the horrible games).