Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605307 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11850 on: August 10, 2016, 03:45:31 pm »
Nights of Azure.  Yay or Nay?

Gamefly has it for $20 right now.  Don't know how I feel about it.  Looks a little Musou to me.

It's very musou, and not a very solid one. I regret buying it new.

But, for 20 dollars...why not?

« Reply #11851 on: August 10, 2016, 03:54:35 pm »

Gamefly has it for $20 right now.  Don't know how I feel about it.  Looks a little Musou to me.

Is the story any good?  Will it make me laugh?  Will it make me cry?  Or should I just go play Hyrule Warriors?

necrosexual

« Reply #11852 on: August 11, 2016, 12:23:29 am »
i have realised i have a buy 2 get 1 free preowned coupon thanks to renewing my PUR card.
i have also realised the only way in hell i'll buy wii u games is through this kind of deal, so i'm going to bite. i have spare cash to do so.

i am thinking... mario kart 8, super smash bros 4 and ... and a free game.
my local gamestop has devil's third and xenoblade chronicles x.
i don't want my free game below $40.

i plan to get tokyo mirage sessions #FE collector's edition from my local best buy, as they have one in stock (???? no idea) so i don't want to get that for my third game... unless it's not worth it? i know the art book might be censored but ??? any ideas? i have no idea rn about this one.

i hated xenoblade chronicles' combat, but i mean, for free and all...
mmmm
and i can't find many good ~expensive~ ps4 titles used (and, lol, no, no man's sky hasn't been traded back in yet -disappointed finger snap-)

actually, xenoblade chronicles X has its special edition in stock at best buy, too.
so one or the other, either SMT or XCX, one of them, i will do CE.
i'm actually thinking the XCX, just because i hear TMS's art book is censored all to shit?

but i can't decide. thoughts? ;I
i hate having to decide things lmao.

fwiw, after this,, i plan to only have to buy yoshi's wooly world ($30, which is why i'm not contemplating it now) then i can ignore the wii u 5ever.

if anyone has both CEs of XCX and TMS, please tell me your thoughts on which one has the better art book and stuff, i guess? that'd be nice to know

edit: i might end up buying the xcx limited on ebay... it's going for terribly cheap, the same cost as it is new without all the goodies, and i almost can't give that up.
and tms at best buy.
but i'm still looking for a third game now ;'I and can't decide
anything works in ps4, wii u libraries, but i do not want a game cheaper than $40 used... it'd be a shame to use up the PUR discount on that yknow??
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:19:13 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11853 on: August 11, 2016, 10:07:56 am »
The art book for TMS is still really nice the big thing is how much you like J-pop with the CD.

necrosexual

« Reply #11854 on: August 11, 2016, 12:15:50 pm »
The art book for TMS is still really nice the big thing is how much you like J-pop with the CD.

i am a major sucker for j-pop, ngl, hahaha.
i found my solution, however, XCX SE was very cheap on ebay ($60!) and TMS can still be bought via best buy.

...i think i may either end up with twilight princess HD or star ocean by the end of the night. i've not decided yet. i know star ocean will inevitably lower in price, so it may very well be TPHD. i never finished TP on my own.
all depends what the local GS has i suppose.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11855 on: August 11, 2016, 12:18:53 pm »
Caught a Dragonite last night

Also a grimer! which from  what ive read, there isnt a single nest in LA county!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11856 on: August 11, 2016, 12:48:42 pm »

Also a grimer! which from  what ive read, there isnt a single nest in LA county!

I wish I could find something different.  It's the same ole shit here everyday.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11857 on: August 11, 2016, 01:00:43 pm »

I wish I could find something different.  It's the same ole shit here everyday.

Santa Monica pier is like a gold mine, only bad part is, its 30 miles away, and we are talking, 30 miles of LA traffic miles...... my brother caught a charizard  there
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #11858 on: August 11, 2016, 01:08:01 pm »
For everyone who hates going to work (looking at you kash), I just wanted to let everyone know that after today (Thursday), I'm off for a three day weekend!  Better than that, I work Monday & Tuesday, then I'm off until the 19th...of September!   :P 8)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11859 on: August 11, 2016, 01:09:58 pm »
For everyone who hates going to work (looking at you kash), I just wanted to let everyone know that after today (Thursday), I'm off for a three day weekend!  Better than that, I work Monday & Tuesday, then I'm off until the 19th...of September!   :P 8)
Booooo.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11860 on: August 11, 2016, 02:49:23 pm »
For everyone who hates going to work (looking at you kash), I just wanted to let everyone know that after today (Thursday), I'm off for a three day weekend! 

I can match that  ;D

Better than that, I work Monday & Tuesday, then I'm off until the 19th...of September!   :P 8)

You win  >:(

kashell

« Reply #11861 on: August 11, 2016, 02:49:40 pm »

Is the story any good?  Will it make me laugh?  Will it make me cry?  Or should I just go play Hyrule Warriors?

The story is fair. Not great, not a bust. It's somewhere in the middle. You might be better off playing Hyrule Warriors. This is coming from a non-Zelda fan.

kashell

« Reply #11862 on: August 11, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »
EDIT:

I can't be the only one that would rather stay home and play video games instead of working for the weekend.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:51:35 pm by kashell »

gf78

« Reply #11863 on: August 11, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »
I can't be the only one that would rather stay home and play video games instead of working for the weekend.

I have a mission to accomplish over my sabbatical: 

Finish Gears of War Remastered (almost there now)
Finish Quantum Break (about 1/3 of the way now)
Finish Dead or Alive 5 Last Round's story mode (not sure how far I am at the moment)
Finish Rise of the Tomb Raider (about 1/4 of the way now)
Finish Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 in the Master Chief Collection

And then with these out of the way, I'll have Recore in my hands and I want to get started on a fresh playthrough of The Witcher III.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #11864 on: August 11, 2016, 03:24:45 pm »
Excellent! That's called time well spent. Do you have any back ups just in case you happen to blaze through everything sooner than expected?