Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670912 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12165 on: October 13, 2016, 09:58:14 am »
Yeah, the dude behind the counter didn't even tell me that. I would have been a little less peeved if there was some sort of, "Sorry but..." but he was so apathetic about the entire thing.

« Reply #12166 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:15 am »
Yeah, the dude behind the counter didn't even tell me that. I would have been a little less peeved if there was some sort of, "Sorry but..." but he was so apathetic about the entire thing.
To be fair, he's probably dealt with customers who will yell and curse because they want their coffee and don't care that you have to throw out the rest.

If that IS the case, I'd probably say the same thing.  Or at least I'd say something along the lines of, we don't brew coffee within 30 minutes of closing.

kashell

« Reply #12167 on: October 13, 2016, 10:25:08 am »
Who knows. This too shall pass and such.

« Reply #12168 on: October 14, 2016, 08:38:17 am »
Just got my PSVR last night.  My first modern experience with VR.

I'm actually quite impressed.  I really want more games for it.  Job Simulator is just as fun as I expected it to be.  Thumper is also just as good as I expected it to be.  Mildly impressed by Harmonix Music VR.  Kitchen was basically a "Get Murdered Simulator".

I'm thinking about buying Catlateral Damage for it.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12169 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:26 am »

I'm actually quite impressed.  I really want more games for it.  Job Simulator is just as fun as I expected it to be.  Thumper is also just as good as I expected it to be.  Mildly impressed by Harmonix Music VR.  Kitchen was basically a "Get Murdered Simulator".

Cool, can you give more comments on what u think about the PSVR? As im thinking of buying one.

Last week i tryed the Ocules Rift, and that looked good. But it where demo's of a rollercoaster and a jurrasic something.

« Reply #12170 on: October 14, 2016, 09:59:56 am »
I think a lot of stores are doing in store demos, but you'd have to check.

I'll make a post over in the Modern board.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12171 on: October 14, 2016, 10:01:54 am »
It was in a museum  ;D

But i like to know how games play on the PSVR.

desocietas

« Reply #12172 on: October 14, 2016, 11:31:51 am »

Nice! When I tried out PSVR at the PlayStation Experience last year, I got to try out Classroom Aquatic but was really hoping for Job Simulator (the game choice was random). I was pretty impressed by how easy it was to become immersed in the whole thing, though I was happy I wasn't in anything that was too motion-heavy. Classroom Aquatic literally had you sitting the whole time so I didn't get a good feel for how moving around would work.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #12173 on: October 14, 2016, 12:00:32 pm »
How about a little festive discussion. Do any of you have any Halloween traditions? I like to marathon horror movies/Halloween specials and carve Jack O' Lanturns as one of my traditions, with family and friends.

kashell

« Reply #12174 on: October 14, 2016, 12:09:55 pm »
How about a little festive discussion. Do any of you have any Halloween traditions? I like to marathon horror movies/Halloween specials and carve Jack O' Lanturns as one of my traditions, with family and friends.

Usually we throw a huge Halloween party. There are decorations every which way, tons of food, tons of booze, and we have a "Best Costume" contest. The entire house gets transformed for the night. It's a lot of work and can sometimes get fairly expensive, but it's a blast.

This year, we aren't going to be having a Halloween party because we'll be in San Francisco. Every year since 2008, some friends of mine participate in "13 Bars of Booooozing." They pick a city that has 13 bars lined up next to each other and enjoy the fun in each one. The city of choice this year is San Fran. This will be my first time to California and I'm really excited about all the adventures that are going to be had.

Plus, I'll be dressing up as Rion from Galerians so that makes it even more exciting. ^.^

« Reply #12175 on: October 14, 2016, 12:12:27 pm »
My old Halloween tradition was sitting outside playing Smash Bros. Melee with friends while handing out candy.

I haven't done that in nearly 10 years, so I guess I don't have one anymore.

azure

« Reply #12176 on: October 14, 2016, 12:16:05 pm »

Usually we throw a huge Halloween party. There are decorations every which way, tons of food, tons of booze, and we have a "Best Costume" contest. The entire house gets transformed for the night. It's a lot of work and can sometimes get fairly expensive, but it's a blast.

This year, we aren't going to be having a Halloween party because we'll be in San Francisco. Every year since 2008, some friends of mine participate in "13 Bars of Booooozing." They pick a city that has 13 bars lined up next to each other and enjoy the fun in each one. The city of choice this year is San Fran. This will be my first time to California and I'm really excited about all the adventures that are going to be had.

Plus, I'll be dressing up as Rion from Galerians so that makes it even more exciting. ^.^

Never took you for a partyer Kash, sounds like a good time. My family used to have Halloween parties as well, although we haven't had any for a while for some reason.

My old Halloween tradition was sitting outside playing Smash Bros. Melee with friends while handing out candy.

We don't get many trick or treaters around my current residence. Smash is always a blast with friends though.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12177 on: October 14, 2016, 12:40:15 pm »

that sounds awesome! i wanna do that now.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #12178 on: October 14, 2016, 01:03:45 pm »

that sounds awesome! i wanna do that now.
my wife and I have talked about doing something similar, but I just dont know what to play.  It would be just my wife and I.  *shrug*

desocietas

« Reply #12179 on: October 14, 2016, 01:06:17 pm »

Nice! SF isn't quite as crazy as it used to be during Halloween. The Castro was always *the* spot to go to for Halloween, but some violence about 10 years ago eventually led to the "cancellation" of Halloween in SF. Bars and spots will be open like regular but they no longer close off streets for folks to mill around, though I'm sure there will still be lots of people around!

My tradition for the last handful of years or so is carving pumpkins, roasting pumpkin seeds, and handing out candy to the neighborhood kids. I don't really chat with my neighbors much so I love the idea of them coming by to say hi with their adorably costumed kids in tow. My area is kinda urban, too, so I want to encourage more of the friendly face-to-face stuff rather than expect people to drive to the "nicer" areas for candy.

If I can sneak in a little Charlie Brown that evening as well, then awesome!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas