Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671002 times)

kashell

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12241 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:48 pm »
When i first saw him before the show, i couldnt stop laughing, the skirt was a nice touch too.

i went as tpugmire and man, what a rush that was!

I also dig the salt and pepper look in my beard.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #12242 on: October 26, 2016, 10:03:10 pm »
I'm so disappointed in one of my local spots I go to for games. I've talked about it a few times on here before, and I've hit the location countless times this passed summer. They have thousands of games, all platforms, and great flat prices on all of them. It's just... the people that run the store are off, really snappy and hateful with most of their customers, unless you spend a lot of money there. They brought all of those games out of storage after being disappeared in the early 2000s and filled their store with them late last year. Now, they've taken ALL of them down and packed them all away in storage again.  ::)

I don't get why it seems like a pattern that people who don't even appreciate video games, end up with a truckload of them and usually don't care if they sell or not. The old and cranky thing seems to be a pattern as well. It's really sad to see all of those games disappear again.

They told me to just bring in a list of games I was looking for and they would go dig for them some time. Which takes us back to their old policy, if they go dig it out of storage you have to buy it, regardless of condition, completeness, etc. Or you basically get banned from the store. The place really sucks. But they have so much good stuff. It's too bad.

« Reply #12243 on: October 27, 2016, 08:02:05 am »
I'm so disappointed in one of my local spots I go to for games. I've talked about it a few times on here before, and I've hit the location countless times this passed summer. They have thousands of games, all platforms, and great flat prices on all of them. It's just... the people that run the store are off, really snappy and hateful with most of their customers, unless you spend a lot of money there. They brought all of those games out of storage after being disappeared in the early 2000s and filled their store with them late last year. Now, they've taken ALL of them down and packed them all away in storage again.  ::)

I don't get why it seems like a pattern that people who don't even appreciate video games, end up with a truckload of them and usually don't care if they sell or not. The old and cranky thing seems to be a pattern as well. It's really sad to see all of those games disappear again.

They told me to just bring in a list of games I was looking for and they would go dig for them some time. Which takes us back to their old policy, if they go dig it out of storage you have to buy it, regardless of condition, completeness, etc. Or you basically get banned from the store. The place really sucks. But they have so much good stuff. It's too bad.
Kind of sounds like one of my local stores.  Except that he won't go dig out the game, he just puts you on the list and if he feels like going through games and coincidentally sees the game you're looking for he will give you a call.  But he won't tell you a price over the phone and when you get there he checks Amazon for prices.

kashell

« Reply #12244 on: October 27, 2016, 08:09:47 am »

Customer service at its finest. I think this one of those instances where you the words "fuck" and "off" would work nicely.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12245 on: October 27, 2016, 01:38:45 pm »
Hardware failure sucks. (So glad Nintendo Switch is going with cartridges.)

My Sega CD, Commodore 64, and PS1 have all failed on me. I'm on my 3rd PS2 (have a slim model now, it seems to be better than the fats).

Now my Original XBox is going, too. And those suckers are heavy to ship.

ARRGGGHH!!!!

Warmsignal

« Reply #12246 on: October 27, 2016, 09:26:08 pm »
At least OG Xbox is super common and dirt cheap. Mine kicked the bucket this year, found another at the flea market for $10.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12247 on: October 28, 2016, 11:26:37 am »
Double post because you guys are quiet.

You've got love how these emergency Flash updates by Adobe love to force junk like McAfee on you. I tried to dissect the download and stop it from happening but I'm pretty sure at this time you can't. They force you to install it. So you have to go in and remove it. That's so messed up, don't pile other junk onto your download and force us to take it Adobe.

telly

« Reply #12248 on: October 28, 2016, 12:03:30 pm »

My Sega CD, Commodore 64, and PS1 have all failed on me. I'm on my 3rd PS2 (have a slim model now, it seems to be better than the fats).

ARRGGGHH!!!!

Have you ever tried cleaning the lasers, burningdoom? I know my fat PS2 was taking forever to read discs a couple years ago and when I took it apart and cleaned it it fixed the problem.

My only issue is it doesn't read blue disc or PS1 games anymore, but that's because the inlay on the spindle got worn down, which I think is common. Other than that it's been fine :)
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12249 on: October 28, 2016, 12:44:47 pm »

ARRGGGHH!!!!

Have you ever tried cleaning the lasers, burningdoom? I know my fat PS2 was taking forever to read discs a couple years ago and when I took it apart and cleaned it it fixed the problem.

My only issue is it doesn't read blue disc or PS1 games anymore, but that's because the inlay on the spindle got worn down, which I think is common. Other than that it's been fine :)

I once tried to replace the 72-pin connector in my NES and screwed things up worse, ended up just buying another NES. And I'm told that's one of the easiest repairs in gaming. So I don't trust myself to do repairs like that.

I used to have a guy locally that would do stuff like that for me for a small fee or for a little trade. But then I discovered he's a Nazi, so I kind of cut-off ties with him.

I did, of course, clean the reader with one of those glasses microfiber cloths, though. That gave me a little more time on the PS1, didn't seem to help too much with the others.

davifus

« Reply #12250 on: October 28, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »
I used to have a guy locally that would do stuff like that for me for a small fee or for a little trade. But then I discovered he's a Nazi, so I kind of cut-off ties with him.

Sorry, but thats kind of funny. Did he try to convert you over? Or you happen to walk into a house full of Nazi Flags?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12251 on: October 28, 2016, 04:39:43 pm »

Sorry, but thats kind of funny. Did he try to convert you over? Or you happen to walk into a house full of Nazi Flags?

The latter. That's exactly what happened. I went to his house to pick up some stuff from him, and he had his Nazi flag hanging in the living on display, and made a point to show it to me.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12252 on: October 31, 2016, 11:02:46 am »
Happy Halloween everyone!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12253 on: October 31, 2016, 06:25:14 pm »
If anyone dresses up as a gaming character, you better post pics.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12254 on: October 31, 2016, 09:30:57 pm »
Okay so my PS4 is freaking me out a bit. Last week I went to play a game and neither of my controllers would sync to the console (they were before but for some reason they wouldn't connect) after a bit the console decided to update itself and they started working I started playing Toukiden: Kiwami after maybe 20 minutes I hear the console Beep and it ejects the Disc (I was more the 10 feet away and no pets in the room) it wouldn't let me re-insert the disc so I turned it off and everything seemed fine after that. played it again for a couple of days same game, No Problem. and then today about 20 minutes into the same game the system beeps and it ejects the disc not allowing to to re-insert the disc back in. WTF is going on???