Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670677 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12270 on: November 03, 2016, 04:14:36 pm »

* Japan Town was lovely. If I were to live in SF, I would try to live there.

Been there  8), and other places 13 years ago  ???

I'm wondering how much it's changed since then.
I think the hotel i was in is gone. I couldn't find it on google maps, and it was close to Japantown.

kashell

« Reply #12271 on: November 04, 2016, 08:18:18 am »
That's a shame, but I'm not too surprised. That city is one that looks like is always changing.

rayne315

« Reply #12272 on: November 04, 2016, 11:27:57 am »
oh my god someone please stop me....... Im looking up the prices for every atlus game because I was thinking of going for a complete atlus collection.... dear god are they all super expensive... that put an axe in that want real quick...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #12273 on: November 04, 2016, 11:38:18 am »
oh my god someone please stop me....... Im looking up the prices for every atlus game because I was thinking of going for a complete atlus collection.... dear god are they all super expensive... that put an axe in that want real quick...

Ohhhh hohoho yes, I stopped doing that years ago. You could try to parse it down to maybe a franchise within Atlus (like Shin Megami games only), but even then some of them are just strange and rare and can be quite pricey, NA or not. Atlus has been around for quite some time - I hadn't expected that when I started looking around at their library.

Also, yes, it was awesome meeting Kash and his +1! I think because I didn't get exactly what I was hoping for at dinner, I might have to make a whole tray of chicken enchiladas tonight  ::)  I think they freeze well... either that or I'll just have to to plan on eating that for the next week or so.  SF has changed quite a bit, especially so since I started going over there for funsies and such when I was a teenager. Haight/Ashbury has changed, as well as the Castro, but such is the case for many parts of the Bay Area. tpugmire, definitely drop me a note if you're ever in the area :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:47:54 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12274 on: November 04, 2016, 05:24:18 pm »
Some day the bubble on retro games has to burst right? Like what is the next big collectable kids these days will go crazy for in 5-10 years when they get older? Gaming isn't what it used to be and I feel like my generation (Grew up with N64 and PS2 eras) is gonna be the last one that really wants to collect...

Warmsignal

« Reply #12275 on: November 04, 2016, 06:40:41 pm »
I'm kind of thinking the way they're pushing download and stream only media, that physical media ablum collections will be more in demand in a few years. I could be wrong, but there's already a market for people who still specifically want physical, with vinyl coming back and people already into building album collections. There's a lot of nostalgia there, eventually there will be a finite number of copies, various prints that might be more desirable. It's already hard to find anything locally. In another couple of years Walmart and FYE will stop carrying CDs I'm almost positive.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12276 on: November 05, 2016, 02:24:53 am »
Checked the tracking status on a game, and this is what I saw:

Tendered to USPS
2016-11-03, 05:04:37, UnionCity, CA 94587

Arrival Destination DHL eCommerce Facility
2016-11-03, 02:57:07, UnionCity, CA 94587

Shipment Accepted by USPS
2016-11-02, 10:00:00, Richmond, CA 94804

Departure Origin DHL eCommerce Facility
2016-11-02, 04:42:46, Orlando, FL 32822

...why in the hell would it leave CA towards FL when I live in CA?!

desocietas

« Reply #12277 on: November 05, 2016, 03:12:04 am »

Tendered to USPS

Looks like it's actually originating from FL and is currently in Union City...? Not that far from me, lol.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12278 on: November 05, 2016, 10:35:33 am »

Tendered to USPS

Looks like it's actually originating from FL and is currently in Union City...? Not that far from me, lol.

Duh. Didn't see the dates. Just read it from top to bottom, assuming it was in normal top-to-bottom order.  :-[

kashell

« Reply #12279 on: November 07, 2016, 10:46:25 am »
Some day the bubble on retro games has to burst right? Like what is the next big collectable kids these days will go crazy for in 5-10 years when they get older? Gaming isn't what it used to be and I feel like my generation (Grew up with N64 and PS2 eras) is gonna be the last one that really wants to collect...

Maybe pogs will come back in style and everyone will start reaching for those again. Or Beanie Babies.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12280 on: November 07, 2016, 11:14:55 am »

Maybe pogs will come back in style and everyone will start reaching for those again. Or Beanie Babies.

Damn, I hope it's beanie babies.  That'd be hilarious if you ask me.  That mania that grown woman got into was nuts.  It was crazier than Amiibos or anything else in gaming can touch.

kashell

« Reply #12281 on: November 07, 2016, 11:52:13 am »

Damn, I hope it's beanie babies.  That'd be hilarious if you ask me.  That mania that grown woman got into was nuts.  It was crazier than Amiibos or anything else in gaming can touch.

I had a few of them; not sure what happened to them over the years. It was really funny hearing stories about the soccer moms and Mary Kays going at each other's throats for them.

azure

« Reply #12282 on: November 07, 2016, 11:57:14 am »

I still have the chameleon beanie baby on the tv in the living room.

« Reply #12283 on: November 07, 2016, 02:59:22 pm »
Now that I'm done with Haunting Ground, I need a new game to play.

Gonna kill some time with Grim Fandango and maybe Uncharted Golden Abyss while I wait for Uncharted 4 to arrive.  But I need a side game to play slowly and casually like I did with Haunting Ground when I get bored of whatever main game I'm playing through.

« Reply #12284 on: November 08, 2016, 03:19:10 am »
With the new Overwatch stuff showing up on the PTR, we got to see a little more into Mei's backstory with it and it's pretty depressing.  We knew she was in stasis for years due to an emergency, and that she is the only survivor of her team.  It seems to be that when she awoke, she stayed there for awhile, by herself, her dead team still there, and had to survive till she was eventually rescued, with her bubbly personality being something that likely hides a depression she could struggle with.

As colorful and cartoony this game can be, it's kinda wild how dark the game really is.  I think it's made out to be that Winston lost the human who raised and took care of him, due to a revolt of intelligently engineered gorillas.  Hanzo nearly killed Genji, regretting it, while Genji was basically turned into a cyborg who I think needs the suit to survive.  Something happened with Reaper and Soldier 76 that lead to Reaper nearly dying and left in whatever state he is in now, which doesn't sound good, and Jack was badly wounded and forced to fake his death as Overwatch collapsed.  Ana lost her eye and basically went into hiding also, faking her death.  Widowmaker was brainwashed, altered, and made to kill her husband where she now works as a mercenary.  Bastion is a former killing machine.  Tracer was an eager test pilot for a new technology, but it malfunctioned and essentially was beginning to phase out of reality or the time, and can only stay whole if she has that blue chest piece on that was made by Winston.  Junkrat and Roadhog are from a literal Mad Max-like wasteland due to the destruction of a fusion plant in Australia who are murderous robbers/mercenaries.  Zarya grew up in surrounded by post-war destruction as a child and was forced to abandon her weightlifting/bodybuilding career to enlist as a soldier and protect her home when the attacks began again.  Reinhardt has been a part of two groups that were destroyed, the Crusaders seen left strewn around the castle, and saw the collapse of Overwatch and thought that he lost many of those he considered his friends.

It's great to see the world slowly grow for Overwatch, because there's so much hiding there that's only really known through bios on the website, but with the comics and shorts, we get a little bit more all the time.