Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671340 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12675 on: February 10, 2017, 03:00:16 pm »
Not that it's a big deal, but why does my image of Tales of Berseria not show the collector's edition? I just checked and none of the CEs are showing for my Tales games.

desocietas

« Reply #12676 on: February 10, 2017, 06:41:33 pm »
I just updated the front cover of the CE for that yesterday. You might have to do a "super-refresh" (shift+command+r on a mac)? It was just showing the contents of the CE previously.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #12677 on: February 10, 2017, 07:39:51 pm »
I know we've had a lot of posts bitching about retro prices. But I just wanted to add one more. Remember when a big appeal of retro gaming was that it was a whole lot cheaper than regular gaming? I miss that.

I'm a cheapskate, and that was a big reason I originally got into retro gaming. I was retro before it was cool. I grew up in a welfare family, so we were usually a generation behind on the consoles, to begin with. So as I grew up, I kind of followed suit to bulk up my collection (but was also an adult with a job, so I still have a current-gen console).

Anyone else with a similar situation? Or is it just more of a reliving your childhood thing?

This is true. But what I've realized is that modern gaming is so cheap now it's ridiculous, as long as you don't buy at release. I'm finding PS4 games for $5. You probably couldn't find a SNES game for that now, at least not as easily... Isn't that weird?  As long as you stick to this gen, the previous and probably the one before that, then it's all very affordable. Yeah, it was cool to find old games for peanuts, and I did on plenty of occasions. I have many of them, so not much point in longing for more when I have tons that I've never played yet. If it's just an itch to go game hunting, I can do that by going to a big box store and finding a game discounted for well under average value.

I got into collecting from having a curiosity about the Sega CD. I started buying games for it, and decided I would stick with it - then just kind of realized, at the time, all old games were cheap and could be found anywhere, so why not pick them up? It was partly nostalgia driven, and part curiosity about things that I never had.

kashell

« Reply #12678 on: February 13, 2017, 08:31:31 am »
I just updated the front cover of the CE for that yesterday. You might have to do a "super-refresh" (shift+command+r on a mac)? It was just showing the contents of the CE previously.

That didn't work, but it's not a big deal. It was just something I randomly noticed.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12679 on: February 13, 2017, 09:09:59 am »
Happy Monday, you fine folks!

desocietas

« Reply #12680 on: February 13, 2017, 09:51:45 am »

That didn't work, but it's not a big deal. It was just something I randomly noticed.

Hm, when you have a chance, can you screenshot what it looks like for you? When I check your collection, I see the collector's edition front box artwork just fine.

Edit: what I'm seeing for your other Tales CEs(click to enlarge):
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:16:04 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12681 on: February 14, 2017, 08:47:29 am »
I don't know what to play.  Carmageddon kind of sucks, so I may ditch it real quick.

Anybody got any suggestions?

kashell

« Reply #12682 on: February 14, 2017, 10:04:08 am »
What type of game are you in the mood for? You want something quick or something that will last a while? Any consoles you feel like diving into lately?

Give us all deets, home slice.

telly

« Reply #12683 on: February 14, 2017, 11:08:49 am »
Play some more Ace Combat! Didn't you say you wanted to play through the series?
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #12684 on: February 14, 2017, 12:37:47 pm »
What type of game are you in the mood for? You want something quick or something that will last a while? Any consoles you feel like diving into lately?

Give us all deets, home slice.
*shrug*  Short games are great to beef up my 104 game challenge, but I have no issue with a long game.  Anything and everything is fair game.

Play some more Ace Combat! Didn't you say you wanted to play through the series?
I did!  I tried playing AC4 with the flight stick for a few minutes and it was moderately uncomfortable, but I am planning on getting through it this year.  I just need to set it up where I can get comfortable with the flight stick.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12685 on: February 14, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »
Happy Valentine's Day, VGCollect!

azure

« Reply #12686 on: February 14, 2017, 05:24:59 pm »
I don't know what to play.  Carmageddon kind of sucks, so I may ditch it real quick.

Anybody got any suggestions?
I see Battle Fantasia in your sig. Neat little fighter, could give it a go.

telly

« Reply #12687 on: February 14, 2017, 06:05:24 pm »
Huh, I would have thought the flightstick would have made the game more immersive, I was thinking about buying it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:09:54 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #12688 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:12 pm »
Huh, I would have thought the flightstick would have made the game more immersive, I was thinking about buying it.
it might have been how i had it setup.  But im used to standard controller and negcon.

maximo310

« Reply #12689 on: February 14, 2017, 11:22:16 pm »
If its like the ps1 ace combat setup with the analog joystick, then it takes some time to get used to the controls. Once you get past the learning phase, they feel pretty easy to use and more " natural" in a sense.