Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671500 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12705 on: February 22, 2017, 08:58:41 am »
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been a rough couple weeks for me. Had some tests done that came back clear. Was prescribed antibiotic called Cipro. After taking it for a while I started to break out in a rash on my arms. So I don't think I can keep taking it, too bad because it was working pretty well. But Cipro is highly toxic and causes all sorts of problems in people... Kind of scary

I'm glad everything checked out.

« Reply #12706 on: February 22, 2017, 09:18:49 am »
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been a rough couple weeks for me. Had some tests done that came back clear. Was prescribed antibiotic called Cipro. After taking it for a while I started to break out in a rash on my arms. So I don't think I can keep taking it, too bad because it was working pretty well. But Cipro is highly toxic and causes all sorts of problems in people... Kind of scary
If you haven't consider talking to your doctor, you likely have an allergy to specific types of antibiotics.

« Reply #12707 on: February 22, 2017, 10:09:44 am »
So after trying and trying and trying to restore my ps4 using the corrupt backup, I eventually gave up and just started using the PS4 again without my old stuff.  Last night I realized that through my process of trying to get the backup to restore, I put the old 500GB HDD back into the system and never swapped it back for the 2TB.

So I had to delete all of the apps and backup my save files and other stuff and swap the drives again.  This time it didn't fail, but we are only talking about a 400MB backup as opposed to a 400GB backup.  Now I get to redownload all of the games again.

Also, I'm right back to not knowing what to play next.  I started Beyond Eyes last night, but that was when I realized the HDD deal, so I shut off the game before even playing for a minute.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:17:51 am by ignition365 »

rayne315

« Reply #12708 on: February 22, 2017, 11:50:02 am »
So after trying and trying and trying to restore my ps4 using the corrupt backup, I eventually gave up and just started using the PS4 again without my old stuff.  Last night I realized that through my process of trying to get the backup to restore, I put the old 500GB HDD back into the system and never swapped it back for the 2TB.

So I had to delete all of the apps and backup my save files and other stuff and swap the drives again.  This time it didn't fail, but we are only talking about a 400MB backup as opposed to a 400GB backup.  Now I get to redownload all of the games again.

Also, I'm right back to not knowing what to play next.  I started Beyond Eyes last night, but that was when I realized the HDD deal, so I shut off the game before even playing for a minute.

if you are truly unsure of what to play leave it up to rng! google has a built in random number generator and you can attribute the numbers to your collection. I used it a few times to narrow it down to a certain page in my collection and picked from the 25 games it listed.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #12709 on: February 22, 2017, 12:20:18 pm »

if you are truly unsure of what to play leave it up to rng! google has a built in random number generator and you can attribute the numbers to your collection. I used it a few times to narrow it down to a certain page in my collection and picked from the 25 games it listed.
I'm hoping to play something that will last me roughly a week, definitely no more than a week.

I think if I left it up to rng I'd have a lot of redos or a lot of work narrowing a list.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12710 on: February 22, 2017, 12:52:09 pm »

Anyone happen to want this (that lives in the U.S.)? I got an extra copy sent to me.

It's the latest issue of Retro Gamer.

(Maybe you've got an old gaming/comic magazine you could exchange with me for it. I always love flipping through those.)

BTW, it does have a slight crease on the upper-right corner due to how it was shipped to me.
Sure, Let me take a look later today, I'm pretty sure I have some old dupe magazines.  Can't even recall of the name of the magazine I have in mind.

Alright, I'll keep it aside for you.

desocietas

« Reply #12711 on: February 22, 2017, 01:44:33 pm »
If you haven't consider talking to your doctor, you likely have an allergy to specific types of antibiotics.

Definitely contact a doctor/nurse line as they'll let you know what to do. They'll most likely tell you to stop taking it completely and will help prescribe you a different antibiotic. You don't want to stop taking antibiotics too early because whatever the cause was might develop a resistance otherwise, but you also don't want to continue taking something you're allergic to. Also good for them to note which antibiotic caused the reaction so they know to never prescribe it to you again. Good luck!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12712 on: February 22, 2017, 01:57:31 pm »
How in the hell does someone who doesn't even work get a $7,000 tax return?

I feel burned. I work full-time, pay for that person's wages out of my hard-earned money, and a non-working person still gets a way bigger return than me? WTF?! Pretty sure he's never worked a day in his life, and he's perfectly able to, just uses his "disability" as a way out. This guy is the biggest, most-entitled a-hole I know too (he's my cousin). So frustrating.

Flashback2012

« Reply #12713 on: February 22, 2017, 02:15:03 pm »
How in the hell does someone who doesn't even work get a $7,000 tax return?

I feel burned. I work full-time, pay for that person's wages out of my hard-earned money, and a non-working person still gets a way bigger return than me? WTF?! Pretty sure he's never worked a day in his life, and he's perfectly able to, just uses his "disability" as a way out. This guy is the biggest, most-entitled a-hole I know too (he's my cousin). So frustrating.

Yeah that makes NO sense.  :o

« Reply #12714 on: February 22, 2017, 02:19:33 pm »
Just to throw some info out there.

The manner of which he is receiving income, they are likely taking taxes out of it, at the end of the year, the IRS finds that they took "too much" money out and owe him some of the money back that his "income" paid in.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12715 on: February 22, 2017, 04:47:25 pm »

Definitely contact a doctor/nurse line as they'll let you know what to do. They'll most likely tell you to stop taking it completely and will help prescribe you a different antibiotic. You don't want to stop taking antibiotics too early because whatever the cause was might develop a resistance otherwise, but you also don't want to continue taking something you're allergic to. Also good for them to note which antibiotic caused the reaction so they know to never prescribe it to you again. Good luck!

They told me to stop. Now they've thrown another antibiotic at me, Bactrim, which many people are highly allergic to. I'm reluctant to even start taking it. Is it really worth all of the health risks involved in these drugs? I'm probably allergic to this one too. Plus I already have to worry about tendon problems among many other things possibly for years just for taking Cipro. Now I have to take this, and drink excessive water every day just so it won't damage my kidneys? Doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather look into supplements or herbal remedies, than to quite frankly risk everything taking dangerous pills that my body is just going to reject.  :(

« Reply #12716 on: February 22, 2017, 04:50:32 pm »

They told me to stop. Now they've thrown another antibiotic at me, Bactrim, which many people are highly allergic to. I'm reluctant to even start taking it. Is it really worth all of the health risks involved in these drugs? I'm probably allergic to this one too. Plus I already have to worry about tendon problems among many other things possibly for years just for taking Cipro. Now I have to take this, and drink excessive water every day just so it won't damage my kidneys? Doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather look into supplements or herbal remedies, than to quite frankly risk everything taking dangerous pills that my body is just going to reject.  :(
You also have to make sure you don't get too much sun.  So no praising the sun while on antibiotics.

Seriously though, if you have an infection, you should be taking the antibiotics.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12717 on: February 22, 2017, 04:54:11 pm »
Me and my wife had an argument literally as I walking out of the door to work. And I'm still in a crabby mood from it.  >:(

It's stupid how the people closest to you seem to affect you the most.

I'm pushing through it and controlling my tongue, though, since I know it's just my mood today.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12718 on: February 22, 2017, 05:05:07 pm »

Dude, if they're prescribing Cipro and Bactrim; you've got a serious infection going on, like the kind that will kill you.  Take the meds.  If you get side effects,  call your doctor. 

You know what we call supplements and herbal remedies that work?  Medicine. 
Now, take the Bactrim and and drink lots of water.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12719 on: February 22, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »

Dude, if they're prescribing Cipro and Bactrim; you've got a serious infection going on, like the kind that will kill you.  Take the meds.  If you get side effects,  call your doctor. 

You know what we call supplements and herbal remedies that work?  Medicine. 
Now, take the Bactrim and and drink lots of water.

I've not heard of any supplements or herbs causing major organ damage, muscle, bone and skin disease, destruction of blood cells, or neurological damage. It's not the side effects I worry about it, it's anaphylaxis. Not my idea of fun, aside from the fact that with no health insurance I literally cannot afford to spend a night, let alone a week in intensive care.