Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1595080 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13515 on: August 22, 2017, 04:00:28 pm »
Two of them? That's even better. This is definitely a CE worth picking up.

« Reply #13516 on: August 22, 2017, 04:06:31 pm »
Kiwami is going to be my first time playing one of the Yakuza games.  I don't own the original so I figured the remake would be a good starting point.
You're better off, don't have to suffer through the dub of the original. On top of a lot of other things the remake's engine improves on. I expect a reveal of a remake of the 2nd game as well and maybe even a current gen collection of the ps3 titles with the presentation this Saturday.
Hope so.  I only own 2 and 4.  So if I can get in on the franchise through remasters/remakes, that'd be pretty sweet.

I've heard good things so I'm hoping I'll like the franchise.

karyann

« Reply #13517 on: August 22, 2017, 04:43:09 pm »
Scummy local game store just announced an "Early Black Friday sale" but said you have to go to the store to find out what the sales will be.

Someone shared what the sales are.

All 360/PS3 games priced under $10 are 50% off.  (They charge $9.99 for games like Duck Dynasty and NHL 09)
Model 2 Genesis is 50% off.  (Fairly certain they charge $80, so even at $40, you're getting ripped)
Skylanders/Disney Infinity Characters and Portals 50% off (Who even wants this for free?  I know I don't)
PS4/X1 Guitar Hero Live Used Guitars 50% off.  (See above)
Used Fight Sticks 50% off (Cheapest fight stick I've seen was $200, and it wasn't even a good one)

lol they also have a CIB Zelda Ocarina 64 for $250.  Not sealed, just CIB.

Black Friday is still so far away, what the hell O.o

Let's not even talk about these prices.

« Reply #13518 on: August 22, 2017, 06:08:32 pm »
Fucking backerkit support.

I preordered indivisible for Switch, but they said that folks could get the beta on any platform they just have to contact backerkit support.  I contacted them and they changed my order from Switch to PS4 entirely.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13519 on: August 23, 2017, 11:43:02 am »
An eBay member with 0 feedback just bought an XBox 360 console from me...I'm not liking that. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get scammed.

So it was delivered a little bit ago now. I haven't received any feedback from the buyer. But I haven't gotten anything negative either. So I left positive feedback for him...dodged the bullet I think.

doafan

« Reply #13520 on: August 23, 2017, 11:48:16 am »
Want to believe that you were paid by the Pay Pal service so if am right really hope that you can explain me a little more how can you be scammed by a new user.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13521 on: August 23, 2017, 11:53:39 am »
Because someone with 0 feedback has no history at all. There is no feedback at all to go off of. Someone could have just started the account simply to scam you. All kinds of things like saying the package never arrived, saying it was broken, whatever. And then you have to issue a refund.

doafan

« Reply #13522 on: August 23, 2017, 12:14:22 pm »
All kinds of things like saying the package never arrived

Have done five purchases this year were four of the sellers provided me with a tracking number, for the one that didn't gave me one I sent him a message and he provided me the info but I guess you are correct that they can claim that it was broken but at some point you can say that it was a problem with Fedex, UPS or whatever company you have used to send it.

Started recently to sell some stuff at Mercado Libre, everytime that I send something took pictures at the moment that the person from Fedex/Estafeta is closing the package, just to have evidence in case that they claim that they received the content broken.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13523 on: August 23, 2017, 12:38:08 pm »
It's a thing. Google it, and I'm sure you'll find all kinds of examples of sellers been scammed by the zero feedback profiles.

Didn't say it was going to happen for sure, just said I hope this isn't a case of that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13524 on: August 23, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »
Anyone else notice that DHL deliveries take way longer than USPS? DHL sucks.

maximo310

« Reply #13525 on: August 23, 2017, 10:21:24 pm »
Not in my area. They're actually faster than normal USPS delivery 90% of the time I use them.

« Reply #13526 on: August 24, 2017, 10:17:40 am »
I forget why I hate selling on ebay.

Just had somebody buy a game and I'm shipping it to a forwarding service.  In theory I'm protected by the Seller Protection so if it arrives at the forwarding service's business I've done my part and am protected.  If it doesn't arrive, I paid for insurance and am protected.  Just expect to be screwed.

Also, I keep getting messages from people asking about the condition of an item because I listed it as brand new sealed, which it is, but they want to know if it has any imperfections and I just really don't know how to deal with that, because a lot of shrink wrapped stuff will have little tears, holes, or wrinkles in the wrapping... plus no matter how well it is packed, it can always get dinged or wrinkled in shipping.  So I expect one of these folks to buy it and receive it and find some bullshit to complain about and pull that feedback extortion bullshit.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13527 on: August 24, 2017, 07:11:49 pm »
I'm a bit discouraged today as I found out that my local game store (that I always complain about the prices being absurd) has just bought out another local honey hole that I used to hit all of the time. Got tons of gems from there, and they sold everything for a flat price of $5 or $10. They had a bad habit of storing it all away and not wanting to bother selling you anything. Well, the game store just bought them completely out and are now individually pricing everything, about 20,000 games I'd say. Most of it will be too high for me to consider, he's always higher than eBay on most stuff and has told my personally that he doesn't care if he really sells anything because it's just a side-business.

He already had a ton of stuff, but now his store is just massive. I'm glad that I'm getting so close to calling my days as a game hunter over, because I just couldn't do it with today's prices. $20 to $30 for just any random game is insane to me, but that's the new normal. Never paid that kind of money, and never will unless it's a new release.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:24:36 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #13528 on: August 24, 2017, 10:14:54 pm »
Kiwami is going to be my first time playing one of the Yakuza games.  I don't own the original so I figured the remake would be a good starting point.
You're better off, don't have to suffer through the dub of the original. On top of a lot of other things the remake's engine improves on. I expect a reveal of a remake of the 2nd game as well and maybe even a current gen collection of the ps3 titles with the presentation this Saturday.
They leaked Yakuza Kiwami 2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423418

« Reply #13529 on: August 25, 2017, 08:01:04 am »
Ugh.  So I've been selling on ebay off and on for about 10 years and I've had my fair share of folks trying to scam as buyers, and this is the first time I'm probably going to get screwed.

I've been selling off my sealed games that I don't particularly care about, the only one I've sold so far has been a PS4 game.  Buyer immediately starts a return for the item being not as described because the disc is loose inside of the case.

There is pretty much nothing you can do to prevent that from happening, the discs have a protective coating to prevent scratches, and it is super easy to put the disc back in place without damaging the wrapping or unsealing the game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:33:52 am by ignition365 »