Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658481 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13635 on: September 14, 2017, 02:04:03 pm »
I mean it is Christmas season coming up, I would think Nintendo would want to pull out their big guns...oh well.

They're not all my sort of thing, but I thought their holiday lineup had at least something for someone:

October:
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
Etrian Odyssey V

November:
Pokemon Ultra
Pokeball N2DSXL
Mario Party The Top 100
Snipperclips Plus
Skyrim

December:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Doom

This doesn't include all the downloadable/indie items coming this fall as well. Some of those looked neat.

If anything, I did agree that it was a bit heavy on showcasing RPGs (and I love RPGs), but really, did they have to spend so much time on Xenoblade Chronicles 2? I honestly skipped it because it got too in-depth with mechanics and story, and I personally like to learn that stuff over time or while playing. Also, having not played the first game yet, I was concerned about spoilers.

I'll give you Super Mario Odyssey (which I mentioned), and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. And (begrudgingly) Pokemon Ultra, I'm just not a Pokemon fan. But the rest of those I'd consider smaller releases, or are available on other consoles already.

I mean, the biggest deal from this seemed to be Doom, which already came out last year. (Skyrim is like 5 years ago.)

desocietas

« Reply #13636 on: September 14, 2017, 02:23:50 pm »
I'll give you Super Mario Odyssey (which I mentioned), and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. And (begrudgingly) Pokemon Ultra, I'm just not a Pokemon fan. But the rest of those I'd consider smaller releases, or are available on other consoles already.

I mean, the biggest deal from this seemed to be Doom, which already came out last year. (Skyrim is like 5 years ago.)

Oh, for sure, I agree that I want actual new, exclusive games. I'm tired of rehashes and ports and such. I like them, but I'd also like to see more risk-taking even though it's still early for the console and technically their first holiday season. They're still having trouble getting enough systems physically into stores  ::)

I'm neutral about Pokemon but I do hate feeling like I'm punished if I buy the first version of a game just to find out that they'll do a "plus" version with stuff not found in the original.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13637 on: September 14, 2017, 02:58:21 pm »
Despite what you think.

I think Fire Emblem Warriors and Snipperclips Plus are going to be amazing and I certainly look forward to them.

desocietas

« Reply #13638 on: September 14, 2017, 03:07:55 pm »
Despite what you think.

I think Fire Emblem Warriors and Snipperclips Plus are going to be amazing and I certainly look forward to them.

I'm really glad they're making a physical version of Snipperclips and, even though my bf already owns a digital copy of the original, we'll definitely be picking up the physical plus version!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13639 on: September 14, 2017, 03:27:59 pm »
Despite what you think.

I'm really glad they're making a physical version of Snipperclips and, even though my bf already owns a digital copy of the original, we'll definitely be picking up the physical plus version!
Same.  I've been a big fan of the Super Flash Bros. for a long time, so I'm glad to double dip on this.

kashell

« Reply #13640 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:40 pm »
Blah. First world dilemma.

When Play Asia first announced Ys Origins, I pre-ordered the Vita version. This was months and months ago, so when I saw a charge on my bank statement from "Asia Entertainment" I called my bank to have it removed. It didn't click that I ordered Ys Origins until later. So, I ordered another copy. But, I wasn't paying attention and got the PlayStation 4 version.

I have to either pay for the shipping price to have it returned or just bite the bullet and order a new copy. Either way, that's an extra expense. *dramatic sigh*

telly

« Reply #13641 on: September 14, 2017, 04:01:05 pm »

When Play Asia first announced Ys Origins, I pre-ordered the Vita version. This was months and months ago, so when I saw a charge on my bank statement from "Asia Entertainment" I called my bank to have it removed. It didn't click that I ordered Ys Origins until later. So, I ordered another copy. But, I wasn't paying attention and got the PlayStation 4 version.

I have to either pay for the shipping price to have it returned or just bite the bullet and order a new copy. Either way, that's an extra expense. *dramatic sigh*

I was looking to buy the Asian version of Ys Origins on PS4 at some point, would you consider selling it? :) Or were you thinking of doing an exchange of PS4 for Vita?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:03:11 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

telly

« Reply #13642 on: September 14, 2017, 04:02:44 pm »

If anything, I did agree that it was a bit heavy on showcasing RPGs (and I love RPGs), but really, did they have to spend so much time on Xenoblade Chronicles 2? I honestly skipped it because it got too in-depth with mechanics and story, and I personally like to learn that stuff over time or while playing. Also, having not played the first game yet, I was concerned about spoilers.

I tried my best to follow along with them when they were talking about the sword mechanics for Xenoblade 2, totally got lost haha.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #13643 on: September 14, 2017, 04:13:29 pm »

I was looking to buy the Asian version of Ys Origins on PS4 at some point, would you consider selling it? :) Or were you thinking of doing an exchange of PS4 for Vita?

I sent you a message on the Face World, my friend.

azure

« Reply #13644 on: September 14, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »
I avoid a lot of the previews companies/devs do with their games these days. It seems they give away most of the game just in preview videos, I want to have some suprise enjoyment when I first play it, ya know?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13645 on: September 14, 2017, 05:15:16 pm »

I love that I've rubbed off on you and you say "Face World"

rayne315

« Reply #13646 on: September 14, 2017, 05:51:10 pm »

I love that I've rubbed off on you and you say "Face World"

"FaceWorld"? makes absolutely no sense... obviously there is only "SpaceBook" and "MyFace".
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #13647 on: September 14, 2017, 05:53:30 pm »
I say "Book of the Face" sometimes  :D
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #13648 on: September 14, 2017, 06:03:05 pm »
I say "Book of the Face" sometimes  :D

Book of Faces would sound very Game of Thrones-ish!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #13649 on: September 15, 2017, 08:12:23 am »
Hehe. Face World is a fun one.

I also use Facey-Face, Face Space, and one more that isn't very appropriate so I'll abstain from writing it.