Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1565256 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13680 on: September 22, 2017, 06:52:41 pm »
So I've come to the conclusion, that as much as I LOVE 2D Metroid, I do not like the Metroid: Samus Returns remake. It was confirmed when I popped Metroid II into my GBA as a comparison, and ended up playing that for a few hours, instead.

It's the controls, more than anything. I HATE using the circle-pad for it. It needs a D-pad so badly. Those of you that haven't played it are probably thinking to just go into the options menu and change it...you can't, the controls are locked in. And I also am not liking the forced upper-cut move. You pretty much can't play without it, and it just doesn't feel right to me for Metroid.

The common complaint about the original Metroid II still stands, though, it's hard to figure where you're at in the massive world without a map. Luckily there's the internet and smartphones for that in 2017.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:54:34 pm by burningdoom »

tpugmire

« Reply #13681 on: September 23, 2017, 09:46:52 am »
The circle pad does take some getting used to in the game. I'm with you though, it would have been nice to have the option to use the d-pad too. I don't like the uppercut move either. I stopped using it early on, and just jump over stuff that charges me.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Warmsignal

« Reply #13682 on: September 24, 2017, 11:05:48 pm »
Do you ever have those days when you want to buy something?  You don't really care what; you just want to buy something.

Maybe it's just me ;)

I often have days where I want to buy something, but it definitely matters what it is. At any given time there's about 10 or so games swirling around in my head.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13683 on: September 25, 2017, 10:13:35 am »
Man, I had a good feeling yesterday.  I got 2 of my Arcade games out of storage.  My PlayChoice-10 and Popeye are now at home in my White Trash Garage Arcade. 
I get them unloaded and the colors were off on the PC10.  I open it up.  I do my adjustments.  Then the screen goes nuts.  It's all crazy, zigzag-y now.  After some research, I've decided it's just out of sync.  That can be fixed with a little sync knob adjustment.  It's a hidden knob on the monitor chassis.  Just have to adjust that this afternoon. 

I hate it that shit has to tear up for me to learn how to fix it.  I want to learn on someone else's junk.

kashell

« Reply #13684 on: September 25, 2017, 10:38:23 am »
Man, I had a good feeling yesterday.  I got 2 of my Arcade games out of storage.  My PlayChoice-10 and Popeye are now at home in my White Trash Garage Arcade. 
I get them unloaded and the colors were off on the PC10.  I open it up.  I do my adjustments.  Then the screen goes nuts.  It's all crazy, zigzag-y now.  After some research, I've decided it's just out of sync.  That can be fixed with a little sync knob adjustment.  It's a hidden knob on the monitor chassis.  Just have to adjust that this afternoon. 

I hate it that shit has to tear up for me to learn how to fix it.  I want to learn on someone else's junk.

Oh my!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13685 on: September 25, 2017, 12:43:55 pm »
  I want to learn on someone else's junk.

Oh my!

If I could learn on my own junk, I'd never leave the house.

kashell

« Reply #13686 on: September 25, 2017, 12:51:41 pm »

Oh my!

Ain't that the goddamn truth!

desocietas

« Reply #13687 on: September 25, 2017, 01:01:28 pm »

Oh my!

hahahhaha i love you boys
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #13688 on: September 25, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »
We love you too, Lady D!

kevininja

« Reply #13689 on: September 25, 2017, 02:44:54 pm »

Oh my!

hahahhaha i love you boys
Best comment chain ever!  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #13690 on: September 25, 2017, 02:46:35 pm »
We love you too, Lady D!

This time of year reminds me - are you going on another trip for All Hallow's Eve?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13691 on: September 25, 2017, 02:56:53 pm »
Now, this probably isn't a big surprise to everyone else, since I'm late to the party with Far Cry games but...

Breath of the Wild totally borrows the hell out of the map revealing and item gathering from the Far Cry games. I mean the towers in BotW are a straight rip-off of Far Cry 3's radio towers, even how the map gets revealed more for climbing them. (Just started Far Cry 3 last night.)

kashell

« Reply #13692 on: September 25, 2017, 03:26:27 pm »
We love you too, Lady D!

This time of year reminds me - are you going on another trip for All Hallow's Eve?

We were planning on it, but other trips and expenses came up. This year, the crawl is going to be in Milwaukee, WI. It would have been fun. Not as fun as San Fran, but still fun.

We're probably going to throw a Halloween party, though. And of course, the fine folks of VGC are invited.

desocietas

« Reply #13693 on: September 25, 2017, 03:33:53 pm »
We love you too, Lady D!

We were planning on it, but other trips and expenses came up. This year, the crawl is going to be in Milwaukee, WI. It would have been fun. Not as fun as San Fran, but still fun.

We're probably going to throw a Halloween party, though. And of course, the fine folks of VGC are invited.

Hey, as long as you're there, it'll be fun! Hm, ... never been to Milwaukee before...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #13694 on: September 25, 2017, 04:12:03 pm »
I was there once when I was a child, but I don't remember anything about the visit. It would have been fun to see it and all of the breweries.