Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582585 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13875 on: November 13, 2017, 05:15:52 pm »
Sucks to be not getting Star Wars Battlefront 2.  I was pretty onboard with it, but the amount of grind and playtime needed to unlock things in multiplayer is pretty absurd and not even someone as lenient as me can get behind it.  Good to see that for once people getting upset about this stuff is actually affecting the company as I think it was really building up this year from a number of games and it just all dumped out onto EA...twice with their Need for Speed shenanigans.

If anything, they just announced that they've changed the number of credits needed to unlock heroes, so at least they're listening.

I just read it and it's good to see them changing it after taking a hit in the stock and PR.  I might be more inclined to get it now, they just aren't going to have me as a preorder/day one sales number.

*EDIT* And to just note, that's not them being forgiven, I'm just hoping lower than expected launch day numbers forces their hand even more or perhaps sees them having to take a price cut on the game to make up the numbers.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:31:00 pm by kamikazekeeg »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13876 on: November 14, 2017, 08:45:33 am »
Sucks to be not getting Star Wars Battlefront 2.  I was pretty onboard with it, but the amount of grind and playtime needed to unlock things in multiplayer is pretty absurd and not even someone as lenient as me can get behind it.  Good to see that for once people getting upset about this stuff is actually affecting the company as I think it was really building up this year from a number of games and it just all dumped out onto EA...twice with their Need for Speed shenanigans.

If anything, they just announced that they've changed the number of credits needed to unlock heroes, so at least they're listening.

I just read it and it's good to see them changing it after taking a hit in the stock and PR.  I might be more inclined to get it now, they just aren't going to have me as a preorder/day one sales number.

*EDIT* And to just note, that's not them being forgiven, I'm just hoping lower than expected launch day numbers forces their hand even more or perhaps sees them having to take a price cut on the game to make up the numbers.

I've seen a lot of people say they are going to wait for the price cut.  Myself included.  I was 110% on board for the first Battlefront.  Then, I played it for a day or 2.  I had very limited internet at the time so playing online wasn't an option. I got burned when I bought the deluxe edition.  Not happening again.

tpugmire

« Reply #13877 on: November 14, 2017, 08:55:35 pm »
I cancelled my Battlefront 2 preorder tonight. I was never 100% sure that I wanted it anyway.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #13878 on: November 15, 2017, 09:58:51 am »
Day 3 of probably 4 of all day meetings.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13879 on: November 15, 2017, 02:38:12 pm »
Contemplating if should sell off some of the crap games out of my Wii U collection from when I was going for a full set. They aren't worth much, I'm sure, so no huge benefit other than clearing up shelf space. But since I'm over half way there, maybe I should just keep it all just in case? I dunno. Would be the first thing I ever got rid of out of my collection.

In other news, since devs have decided that they like the Switch now, I think I'm starting to like it. Just picked up my second Switch game. Might actually have one by Xmas. Quite a change of tune for me. It's looking more like I'll have to decided whether I want my multi-plat console of choice to be PS4, or Switch? If multi-plats come to Switch, I might have to flip the switch and switch to Switch. But if only some multi-plats come to Switch, it'll be quite the conundrum. I like buying my multi-plats on just one console.

kashell

« Reply #13880 on: November 16, 2017, 08:09:39 am »
I'm thinking I'll be getting a Switch soon, too. Since a special edition of the new Atelier was announced for it, I'm thinking that will be my first Switch game.

I still haven't played Atelier Firis. Blah.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13881 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:25 am »
I'm thinking I'll be getting a Switch soon, too. Since a special edition of the new Atelier was announced for it, I'm thinking that will be my first Switch game.

I still haven't played Atelier Firis. Blah.

ONE OF US!  ONE OF US!!! 

Do it!  Buy the Switch.

azure

« Reply #13882 on: November 16, 2017, 12:38:47 pm »
Switch is great, lots of kool stuff coming down the line as well.

« Reply #13883 on: November 16, 2017, 12:59:19 pm »
Speaking of Switch.  I just cancelled my preorder of RiME for Switch and bought the cheaper, superior PS4 version.

Apparently the game suffers VERY heavily from frame rate issues, has low resolution, and overall just doesn't look or play very well.  I'm not one to generally let my purchases be decided by reviews, but in this case, it seems pretty overwhelming how much the Switch version sucks compared to other platforms.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13884 on: November 16, 2017, 02:13:17 pm »
I heard about that as well, but I thought that I heard it had technical issues on basically every platform. Sad, because it looks like a cool game.

On another note, the other day I went to pick up a pre-order from GS and they told me they didn't get any. That's so weird. I just accepted what they told me, went to another location and had to buy a gutted one. Now that I think about it, I wonder if they were being honest? Or did someone just omit that it was a pre-order gut it and take it home for the night or something like that. That's why I hate gutted copies, you just know they're being used. Is it so hard to invest in display boxes? They have them for games that aren't out, why not new games? It's like impossible for me to get a sealed game from GS because everything I buy from them is so niche it's the display copy.

soera

« Reply #13885 on: November 16, 2017, 02:16:52 pm »
Ive never understood the gutted copy concept either. But Gamestop does have a lot of business practices that dont make sense.

rayne315

« Reply #13886 on: November 16, 2017, 03:02:51 pm »

actually that is not entirely true. sure they changed the number of credits needed to unlock them but they also lowered the amount of credits per hour you can get. Im almost positive its not a 1:1 ratio though so something like the 40 hours needed to unlock Darth Vader may now only be 35 or so.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13887 on: November 16, 2017, 04:32:23 pm »

actually that is not entirely true. sure they changed the number of credits needed to unlock them but they also lowered the amount of credits per hour you can get. Im almost positive its not a 1:1 ratio though so something like the 40 hours needed to unlock Darth Vader may now only be 35 or so.
I've seen folks show screenshots showing that after a 3 hour credit ban they received a 24 hour credit ban, so it'll take weeks to turn the credits for Vader.  *shrug*  EA doesn't get my money anymore starting A LONG TIME AGO.

I heard about that as well, but I thought that I heard it had technical issues on basically every platform. Sad, because it looks like a cool game.
This is true, but the technical issues on PS4 still net the game 80+ score.  Switch technical issues net it an under 60 score.  The technically issues are worse on the Switch.

« Reply #13888 on: November 16, 2017, 10:13:02 pm »

They did tweak credits, I didn't know this till afterwards that by lowering the character unlocks, they lowered things in other areas to compensate.  It's well lower than the initial 40, but still kind of a crazy grind.

In JUST announced news, EA has turned off buying lootboxes for now while they rework the balance of everything, but it's only temporarily.  I don't think the new system will be the same thing, because they are looking at issues in other countries now with their system (Belgium is investigating them right now) , so I think at the worst, I see them redoing the grind, making progression easier, and instead do the Overwatch-type of lootboxes with cosmetics, which doesn't bug me as much.  Again, it's a waiting game while we wait to see what is actually changed and if they'll do enough to make the game worth it, because Dice/EA have done quite abit in the past with Battlefield to people back over, so it's not unheard of.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13889 on: November 17, 2017, 01:56:50 am »
Why is Axiom Verge going to be more expensive for Switch than PS4?