Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517090 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14700 on: January 05, 2019, 12:24:09 pm »
So you can't leave negative feedback for bad buyers on eBay...seriously?!

Buyer bought an item. Then asked me to refund them for no reason of my own. He told me he needed to pay rent (then why buy it?). I couldn't through eBay. So I tried through PayPal. PayPal kept giving me an error page, which I screenshotted and sent to the guy with an explanation before then calling eBay.

eBay then tells me it's because he never started a return. He just messaged me. So he needs to start a return. I tell the buyer that. He refuses and tells me to just cancel the order instead.

So I do so, but also plan to negative feedback the guy...oh but I can't! I'm only allowed to leave positive feedback! What's the point of even having a feedback system?!

I can report him, but when I do it specifically states it's anonymous to the buyer and will be used in any future reviews or cases...so then zero consequences for wasting my time and the other buyer's that had it on their watchlists.

BTW, in the help section I was checking because I was getting an error page, it said that cancelling an order reflects badly on my seller account...so great. I'm the one dinged for his dumb-fuckery.

I purposely avoid eBay as a seller because of this. If I have something to sell, it will only be on the forums I visit regularly. Too many thieves, clowns, and jackasses on eBay anymore.  >:(

« Reply #14701 on: January 08, 2019, 12:43:52 pm »
Decided to finish adding my collection to vgpc for value tracking...

$91,933.95

rayne315

« Reply #14702 on: January 08, 2019, 03:51:21 pm »

$91,933.95

ouch... and that probably is missing a bunch of games as well. I tried to add mine in but ended up having over 100 titles that they simply did not have in their own system or had no pricing data to them. im about half way to you in terms of games but my collection is only worth ~20k from what I remember
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14703 on: January 08, 2019, 04:10:42 pm »

$91,933.95

ouch... and that probably is missing a bunch of games as well. I tried to add mine in but ended up having over 100 titles that they simply did not have in their own system or had no pricing data to them. im about half way to you in terms of games but my collection is only worth ~20k from what I remember
They were missing maybe 5 games, but I requested that they add them, so now they're on the site.

Maybe 20 games total have no value associated to them from my collection.  I'll export my collection real quick and verify how many have no value

Dynasty Warriors 4 [Greatest Hits]   Playstation 2
Asteroids [Tele Games]   Atari 2600
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror & SOCOM Fireteam Bravo [Dual Pack]   PSP (New entry)
Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu   Super Famicom
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition   Playstation 4 (New entry)
Magicka 2   Playstation 4 (New entry)
Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone   Playstation 4
Ziggurat   Playstation 4 (New entry)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:17:19 pm by ignition365 »

soera

« Reply #14704 on: January 08, 2019, 04:29:00 pm »
Im afraid to add mine. Not sure if its a fear of being too much or not enough.

tpugmire

« Reply #14705 on: January 08, 2019, 07:47:05 pm »
GameStop trade in value, like $12.00
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

karyann

« Reply #14706 on: January 10, 2019, 11:28:21 am »
So you can't leave negative feedback for bad buyers on eBay...seriously?!

Sorry you had to deal with that... it's really shitty. Ebay policies are crazy  :-\

also hello everybody how's it going in here

kashell

« Reply #14707 on: January 10, 2019, 12:45:48 pm »
Hi Lady K! I hope you're doing well. We need more of your loveliness around these parts.

karyann

« Reply #14708 on: January 11, 2019, 02:37:53 pm »
Hi Lady K! I hope you're doing well. We need more of your loveliness around these parts.

I'm doing great, thanks :) I keep thinking to myself that I should come back more often... ugh.

How have you been? Is life treating you well?

telly

« Reply #14709 on: January 11, 2019, 02:46:02 pm »
My local gaming store closed down and I'm really sad about it  :'( I also had like $40 in store credit too.

Though I heard rumors it had to do with Magic the Gathering changing some of their policies and that's why they had to shut down.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #14710 on: January 11, 2019, 04:12:31 pm »
Ebay sucks for sellers now. You have no recourse. I sold a guy the DLC to Gears 4 collectors edition. Three weeks later, he opens a dispute with his credit card company and guess what?  I'm out the codes and the money. As stated already, you cant leave these troll jerkoff's a negative feedback any longer.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #14711 on: January 12, 2019, 05:31:49 pm »

I'm doing great, thanks :) I keep thinking to myself that I should come back more often... ugh.

How have you been? Is life treating you well?

Doing great! Living my best life and trying to do the adult thing as best I can.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:40:05 pm by kashell »

karyann

« Reply #14712 on: January 13, 2019, 03:41:50 pm »
Doing great! Living my best life and trying to do the adult thing as best I can.

Ugh, the damn adulting thing...  :P so hard! I've recently made my most adult purchase yet, a car... The boyfriend and I spoiled ourselves with a Tesla Model 3  :) I used to think it was sad when people sold their games to pay for a house/baby/wedding...but I have to admit I've been thinning down the collection a lot to help pay for the car and save up for a house down payment. It's a matter of current priorities, I guess!

rayne315

« Reply #14713 on: January 14, 2019, 10:48:14 am »
My local gaming store closed down and I'm really sad about it  :'( I also had like $40 in store credit too.

Though I heard rumors it had to do with Magic the Gathering changing some of their policies and that's why they had to shut down.

make sure you call them up and get your money! unless they went bankrupt they still are obligated to give it back to you. you are considered one of their creditors and they are legally required to pay back creditors. if they went through bankruptcy a court decides was of there money goes where and since you had such a low amount you will be one of the last people they will have to pay.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:52:52 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #14714 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:13 am »

Ugh, the damn adulting thing...  :P so hard! I've recently made my most adult purchase yet, a car... The boyfriend and I spoiled ourselves with a Tesla Model 3  :) I used to think it was sad when people sold their games to pay for a house/baby/wedding...but I have to admit I've been thinning down the collection a lot to help pay for the car and save up for a house down payment. It's a matter of current priorities, I guess!

Congratulations on the new car! A friend of mine bought a Tesla 3 and loves it. If you're going to be driving a lot, then it's great to find a car that you love. Looks like you've got this adulting thing down solid.