Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517595 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14715 on: January 17, 2019, 03:47:52 pm »
Congratulations on the new car! A friend of mine bought a Tesla 3 and loves it. If you're going to be driving a lot, then it's great to find a car that you love. Looks like you've got this adulting thing down solid.

Thank you! :) I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life, but I try to keep in mind that nobody does. Or at least that's what I keep hearing  :P

Whatcha been playing these days?

kashell

« Reply #14716 on: January 18, 2019, 08:22:32 am »
Congratulations on the new car! A friend of mine bought a Tesla 3 and loves it. If you're going to be driving a lot, then it's great to find a car that you love. Looks like you've got this adulting thing down solid.

Thank you! :) I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life, but I try to keep in mind that nobody does. Or at least that's what I keep hearing  :P

Whatcha been playing these days?
You're right. No one really does. You're in good company!

I've been focusing on Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition for the Switch. How about you??

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14717 on: January 18, 2019, 11:51:50 am »
This forum is really starting to become a bummer. The feel of the place is completely swinging to the point where 90% of threads are about people feeling guilty about collecting and making threads to massage their mental complexes about spending money on games or feeling guilty about how much time they spend on games.

Remember when we were all active, happy, excited about gaming, collecting, and the potential of this website? Remember when we shared joy instead of questioning our hobby constantly?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:54:03 am by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #14718 on: January 18, 2019, 12:09:40 pm »
??

Where...are you finding these threads? I'm looking at the first page and don't see anything negative. The only one I've seen in recent memory is this:

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,9956.0.html

I can't speak for others, but I'm still active, happy, and excited about gaming. It's still my number one hobby. Collecting has taken a bit of a backseat only because I'm saving up for my trip next month to Las Vegas.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14719 on: January 18, 2019, 01:17:45 pm »
Well, I guess it's just one person, really...but It has been a lot and you can't be serious about not seeing it. We've had a lot of longtime members slow down a lot since that one person has infected the forum. And to add to it, instead of banning the troll, we're told to stop when we've had enough and say something to him.

Oh well. I'll just use the website end of it more if we allow such cancer to thrive on the forums.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:30:18 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #14720 on: January 18, 2019, 01:38:29 pm »
Oho, but I am serious.

Jokes aside, I don't see anything that's been bad since as, say, six months ago when the guy obsessed with the stock market started posting. It looks like all of that calmed down. I don't think one person has the ability to totally destroy a community that's been relatively peaceful and cohesive since day one.

Some people pop in less, but life happens and a VG forum isn't a priority.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14721 on: January 18, 2019, 02:00:51 pm »
I’m not near as active as I was. Mainly because the website got blocked at work and looking at stuff on my phone sucks.  :P

telly

« Reply #14722 on: January 18, 2019, 02:40:46 pm »
I mean I staff on the forums over on Bulbagarden which has a ton more activity; we have thread that's amassed over 24,000 replies since March just as one example. Bulbagarden is great and I love working there, there's a ton more fighting and bickering which makes this forum a breath of fresh air by comparison.

I don't mind that this is a smaller community and most of the people that I've known since joining here have still been around with the exception of PacPix  :'(
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14723 on: January 18, 2019, 03:20:21 pm »
-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:52:12 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14724 on: January 18, 2019, 03:33:11 pm »
I'll drop it here, before things get heated here, agree to disagree. Love the site still, not liking the direction of the forums due to them.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:52:26 pm by burningdoom »

telly

« Reply #14725 on: January 18, 2019, 05:07:43 pm »
Oh I can totally sympathize with how you feel for sure. Personally I think VGcollect is still a better forum than a lot of what's on the internet
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #14726 on: January 18, 2019, 10:00:48 pm »
Change of topic!  My wife won a Yoplait contest earlier. The game is chosen at random, but we will be getting one of the following:  Super Mario Odyssey,  Super Mario Party, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Tennis Aces, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu or Evee, Captain Toad, Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon 2.

And a $20 eShop gift card. If I get Super Mario Party, Mario Tennis Aces, or either Pokemon I'll be happy. If it's one of the others, guess I'll be trading it in for something else.  :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #14727 on: January 19, 2019, 09:39:50 am »
Oh I can totally sympathize with how you feel for sure. Personally I think VGcollect is still a better forum than a lot of what's on the internet
Right? When it comes to gaming forums, VGC shines bright like a diamond.

azure

« Reply #14728 on: January 19, 2019, 12:55:18 pm »
Right? When it comes to gaming forums, VGC shines bright like a diamond.
For sure, this is one of the only forums I still even bother posting/frequenting.

pzeke

« Reply #14729 on: January 19, 2019, 07:27:26 pm »
I've been out of commission for a year and four months, and just came back two days ago because I've been lurking around for at least a month and missed the place quite some. burningdoom, don't get caught up on negative stuff, just ignore and enjoy your stay - you've been here longer than me, so clearly there's something good going on around here that makes you come back for more; and I'm sure you've also made friends here, so there's that, too.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!