Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517320 times)

shfan

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14730 on: January 22, 2019, 04:51:11 am »
I'll drop it here, before things get heated here, agree to disagree. Love the site still, not liking the direction of the forums due to them.

There's a very easy way to get around topics and posters that don't appeal - don't participate. Silly topics are only buoyed up when people flock to them to post - in which case is it the original poster's 'fault' or the ones feeding them? Just post on the topics of relevance to you.

« Reply #14731 on: January 22, 2019, 09:11:12 am »
I'm gonna side with burningdoom.  I've noticed a lack of activity here in general compared to the past and the few shitty posters make things seem worse.  I also see a lot of topics that personally bum me out, but that isn't necessarily the OP trying to be a bummer, though we have those.  I'm becoming disillusioned with collecting in general, so some of these topics have me thinking about downsizing or stopping in general.  Doesn't help that most collecting communities are super toxic and cutthroat.

After the last time I responded to seether and his bullshit and started that whole ordeal that locked that topic, I've stopped replying to him.  My comments are in jest, because the guy is an obvious troll.  I mean, who is seriously proud of only owning like 5 games and them being 5 rather shit games at that.  And what kind of moron needs collection tracking software for 5 games, you can't honestly remember what 5 games you own, I suppose it's easy to forget when they are forgettable games.

telly

« Reply #14732 on: January 22, 2019, 09:30:50 am »
I think forums in general across the board just don't see the activity they've used to since they're kind of archaic by design. I love this site because it has a great database AND a forum though.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14733 on: January 22, 2019, 09:38:24 am »
I think forums in general across the board just don't see the activity they've used to since they're kind of archaic by design. I love this site because it has a great database AND a forum though.
I've mostly moved to discord for discussion.

telly

« Reply #14734 on: January 22, 2019, 09:41:19 am »
I've mostly moved to discord for discussion.

Same, I think that's the pretty much the default chat site for gamers nowadays along with Facebook and Twitter. I do think there's a certain charm to forums though.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #14735 on: January 22, 2019, 12:54:15 pm »
I haven't really touched Discord much. But, I know that it's popular.

I just like the style of message boards/forums. I'm such a creature of habit.

« Reply #14736 on: January 25, 2019, 10:54:42 am »
Ehh this coldness is keeping me from putting in new entries. Haven't been on in months.

pzeke

« Reply #14737 on: January 25, 2019, 12:13:07 pm »
Shame. The board could use the activity - the more the merrier.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #14738 on: January 25, 2019, 10:50:18 pm »
Well shit....

My favorite video game store in my state is going out of business. While almost every other game store has fallen to overpricing their games in order to try and keep their lights on, this store kept prices low and fair. They also ran deals like B1G1 on games for certain consoles, resulting in some crazy deals. I am genuinely depressed right now about them going away. The store is called Gamesource btw and they are located in Falcon Colorado.

pzeke

« Reply #14739 on: January 26, 2019, 06:24:42 am »
Man, that sucks. How long have they been in business? Are they closing due to monetary reasons, health issues, or perhaps, loss of interest?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

kashell

« Reply #14740 on: January 26, 2019, 07:57:23 pm »
Well shit....

My favorite video game store in my state is going out of business. While almost every other game store has fallen to overpricing their games in order to try and keep their lights on, this store kept prices low and fair. They also ran deals like B1G1 on games for certain consoles, resulting in some crazy deals. I am genuinely depressed right now about them going away. The store is called Gamesource btw and they are located in Falcon Colorado.
Well damn. I was looking forward to checking that one out.

pacpix

« Reply #14741 on: February 01, 2019, 09:48:49 pm »
I mean I staff on the forums over on Bulbagarden which has a ton more activity; we have thread that's amassed over 24,000 replies since March just as one example. Bulbagarden is great and I love working there, there's a ton more fighting and bickering which makes this forum a breath of fresh air by comparison.

I don't mind that this is a smaller community and most of the people that I've known since joining here have still been around with the exception of PacPix  :'(

I swear I didn't run away forever! <3 I still try to keep up with the VGC Anonymous thread here every once in a while.  Hope to be active again soon  :) (Especially on admin side where i've really dropped the ball >.>).  Life has just been crazy lately between school, work, research, and applying for PhD programs lol.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

telly

« Reply #14742 on: February 01, 2019, 11:12:05 pm »
Pacpix!!! Hey buddy :D How's life been treating ya?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

pacpix

« Reply #14743 on: February 01, 2019, 11:45:45 pm »
Pacpix!!! Hey buddy :D How's life been treating ya?

Busy, but good!  Been slingin' code at the internship i started in June and finishing up the last semester of my undergrad.  Other than that just obsessively checking gradcafe for PhD results xD (which you can probably relate to back when you were in admissions hell)

Not much gaming other than slowly chipping away at Dark Souls and my inability to kick my Mario Tennis Aces habit  ;D

How have you been?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #14744 on: February 02, 2019, 12:56:16 pm »
Dark Souls is a good one to chip away; great game.