Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517130 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14790 on: May 13, 2019, 03:58:32 pm »
I'm currently in the planning stages of a fairly big update to my game room, and part of that is estimating how big my PS4 collection is going to become. I'm leaving both the Switch and XBONE out of this equations because while these two consoles have several games I really want to own and play, the Switch is still too early in its life for me to have an accurate assessment of how many games for it I may want to own someday, and the XBONE will be lucky if more than 20 games for it sound appealing enough to me to buy. The PS4 on the other hand is already a massive collection for me and there are so, so, so many games for it that I still want to own and play. On top of that Sony has been my default place for multiplats since the PS2, unless of course there is a compelling reason to buy a multiplat on another console.

But so far I have been going through every North American released PS4 game and even though I'm only up to I in the alphabet, there are already nearly a hundred more games I'd still like to own for it. One thing that blows me away is how many titles for it I've never heard of or seen, many of which are either Indie games or Indie games released by LRG and its ilk of small physical print run online stores. It really makes the PS4 a very interesting and almost enigmatic system for collecting since there have been so many games that never saw a widespread releases, and that most people who own the console will never hear about or see.

Despite finding the PS4's library fascinating, it's taken me a really, really long time to go through all of it as is given just how many games are on the system. At this rate it'll probably take me until week's end to finish doing this, but already its looking like I'm going to need a much bigger shelf in my game room which I'm going to have to wedge in somehow. But I'll hold off on planning that until I'm done going through the PS4s library of games.

telly

« Reply #14791 on: May 13, 2019, 04:47:29 pm »
I think after buying and owning a PS4 for about 9ish months I would say that it's my favorite system of all time now. So many incredible games for it.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14792 on: May 17, 2019, 07:07:51 am »
I think after buying and owning a PS4 for about 9ish months I would say that it's my favorite system of all time now. So many incredible games for it.
I'd never been deep into PlayStation.  I never had a PS1, I got the PS2 super late in the lifecycle, and I bought the PS3 primarily to be a blu-ray player.

But after I got my PS4 (mostly to play Bloodborne)?  It's easily my most played console at the moment.  It's easily my biggest modern collection.  Way better for exclusives than XB1.  I freaking love it.

soera

« Reply #14793 on: May 17, 2019, 05:38:05 pm »
Welcome to the brotherhood, fellas! We have drinks and the best games.

« Reply #14794 on: May 19, 2019, 12:17:26 pm »
I'm currently in the planning stages of a fairly big update to my game room, and part of that is estimating how big my PS4 collection is going to become. I'm leaving both the Switch and XBONE out of this equations because while these two consoles have several games I really want to own and play, the Switch is still too early in its life for me to have an accurate assessment of how many games for it I may want to own someday, and the XBONE will be lucky if more than 20 games for it sound appealing enough to me to buy. The PS4 on the other hand is already a massive collection for me and there are so, so, so many games for it that I still want to own and play. On top of that Sony has been my default place for multiplats since the PS2, unless of course there is a compelling reason to buy a multiplat on another console.

But so far I have been going through every North American released PS4 game and even though I'm only up to I in the alphabet, there are already nearly a hundred more games I'd still like to own for it. One thing that blows me away is how many titles for it I've never heard of or seen, many of which are either Indie games or Indie games released by LRG and its ilk of small physical print run online stores. It really makes the PS4 a very interesting and almost enigmatic system for collecting since there have been so many games that never saw a widespread releases, and that most people who own the console will never hear about or see.

Despite finding the PS4's library fascinating, it's taken me a really, really long time to go through all of it as is given just how many games are on the system. At this rate it'll probably take me until week's end to finish doing this, but already its looking like I'm going to need a much bigger shelf in my game room which I'm going to have to wedge in somehow. But I'll hold off on planning that until I'm done going through the PS4s library of games.

Well holy poo...

I just finished going through the entire PS4 library as it stands right now and my wishlist is at 290 games! I knew that this wishlist would be insane when I hadn't even got halfway through the alphabet and I was already at 100 games. What's funny is that prior to doing this I thought I knew the PS4s library pretty well, but I'd say at least half the games I added to my list I knew literally nothing about, and many of those I didn't even know existed. The PS4 might have the most interesting, complex library of games since the days of unlicensed NES games. I am truly impressed.

What's even more crazy is that someday, assuming nothing ever happens to my collection, the PS4 will likely overtake my PS2 collection as my largest console library. I currently have 381 PS2 games with about 35 PS2 games I'm still on the hunt for, meaning that someday I should be over 400 games for that console. Compare that to my PS4 collection which currently stands at 128 games with the 290 games I'm after and you can see why it will someday challenge its size. That's not even mentioning that the PS4 is still getting regular releases and probably will at least for the next 2-years until the PS5 starts coming into its own. Considering this I have little doubt that someday, probably years from now, my PS4 collection will overtake my PS2 collection.

This certainly also gives me a solid idea of what I'm going to have to do in order to accommodate a collection of this size. I am likely going to order another of the really large Atlantic 1080 CD media shelves that I currently use for my PS2 collection. Since it will be a while before the PS4 collection will need this shelf to itself, I am going to actually transplant my PS1 collection to it as well, and use my current PS1 shelf which hold about 450 CDs to hold my growing Saturn collection. What's funny is I assumed before going through the PS4 library that it would indefinitely share the same shelf with the PS1 collection, thinking there couldn't more than 150 PS4 games that I'd still want to get. How wrong I was lol. Sadly this is probably the last expansion I'm going to be able to do with my current game room at least until I movie into a place with a larger room that I can turn into my game room. I rent part of a house and have two bedrooms at my disposal, one of which is my game room. It is already jam packed with shelves, games, boxes and figures, and shoehorning one more shelf is going to take some creativity and skill. I'm confident that it can be done, however I'm fairly certain that if I run out of room again it'll take either moving to a bigger place or starting to box stuff up in order to have enough room for everything, the latter which I'd prefer to avoid.

One last thing is I hope I have the same luck in tracking PS4 games down that I had with the PS2 and original XBOX. Most of my PS2 and XBOX collection came from a store called Tradesmart which was owned by the now defunct Go Hastings corporation that went belly up back in 2016. They used to sell anything that was older than PS3/360/Wii for only $3 a pop regardless of title. Obviously this resulted in a lot of competition with other collectors and resellers, however my biggest issue towards the end was the employees of that store who'd snipe almost anything that went for over $15 on ebay. However, for a few years that place was a goldmine and roughly 70% of my PS2 collection came from there, and probably 90% of my original XBOX collection. I suppose PAWN shops will be my best bet on a lot of these in terms of getting them cheap, however I'm probably going to have to utilize Gamestop and ebay a fair bit since many of these titles are obscure af. And of course there are the 56 Limited Run, Special Reserve and other limited online only titles that I'm going to have to get using ebay. Luckily most of these titles seem to go for what they retailed at originally, with only a few fetching a much higher, inflated price.

I'm looking forward to this new collecting journey that will be more of a marathon rather than a sprint.

« Reply #14795 on: May 19, 2019, 12:23:22 pm »
And in case anyone is curious, here is my PS4 wishlist I pulled from the console's greater library of games:

1. 2064: Read Only Memories (LRG)

2. 25th Ward: The Silver Case

3. 3D Mini golf

4. 428: Shibuya Scramble

5. 8-bit Adventures Anthology Vol 1 (LRG)

6. 8-bit Armies

7. Aaero (LRG)

8. Abzu

9. Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders

10. Agony

11. AI: The Somnium Files ~~~~~~

12. Akiba’s Beat

13. Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed

14. Anima: Gate of Memories

15. Antiquia Lost (LRG)

16. Atari Flashback Vol 1

17. Atari Flashback Vol 2

18. Atari Flashback Vol 3

19. Back to the Future: The Game

20. Bastion (LRG)

21. Batman Arkam Knight

22. Batman: Return to Arkham

23. Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe (LRG)

24. Bit Trip Presents Runner 2

25. The Bit Trip

26. Blade Strangers

27. Blazblue Central Fiction

28. Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

29. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

30. Bomber Crew: Complete Edition

31. Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back

32. Caligula Effect Overdose

33. Call of Cthulhu

34. Carmageddom: Max Damage

35. Cat Quest

36. Celeste (LRG)

37. Code Vein

38. Code: Realize: Bouquet of Rainbows

39. Danganronpa Trilogy

40. Dariusburst CS Chronicles Savior

41. Dark Rose Valkyrie

42. Dark Souls Remastered

43. Darkest Dungeon

44. Days Gone

45. Dead Cells

46. Dead or Alive 6

47. Death Mark

48. Death’s Gambit

49. Deception IV

50. Deracine

51. Devil May Cry HD Collection

52. Devil May Cry 5

53. Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth

54. Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth: Hacker’s Memory

55. Digimon World: Next Order

56. Disgaea 1 Complete

57. Disgaea 5

58. Dissidia NT (alt Steelbook 1)

59. Dissidia NT (alt Steelbook 2)

60. DMC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition)

61. Don’t Starve Mega Pack

62. Doom Collectors Edition

63. Doom Eternal

64. Doom VFR

65. Double Dragon IV (LRG)

66. Double Switch (LRG)

67. Dragon Age Inquisition Game of the Year Edition

68. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

69. Dragom Quest Heroes

70. Dragon Quest Heroes 2

71. Dragon’s Crown Pro

72. Dragon’s Lair Trilogy (LRG)

73. The Dwarves

74. Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition

75. Eagle Flight

76. Elex

77. Elite Dangerous: Legendary Edition

78. Enter the Gungeon (SRG)

79. Eve Valkyrie

80. Everspace: Galactic Edition

81. The Evil Within 2

82. Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force

83. Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (LRG)

84. Farpoint

85. Fernz Gate (LRG)

86. Flinthook (LRG)

87. Friday the 13th

88. Ghostbusters

89. God Eater 3

90. God Wars Future Past

91. Grim Fandango (IA8B)

92. Gundam Versus

93. Gunhouse (LRG)

94. Helldivers

95. A Hole New World (LRG)

96. Hollow Knight

97. Hyper Light Drifter (IA8B)

98. Iconoclasts (LRG)

99. Infamous: Second Son

100. Infinifactory

101. The Inpatient

102. Inside/Limbo Double Pack

103. Jak and Daxter (LRG)

104. Jak II (LRG)

105. Jak 3 (LRG)

106. Job Simulator

107. Judgement

108. King of Fighters 97: Global Match (LRG)

109. Kingdom Come Deliverance

110. Kingdom Hearts: The Story Thus Far

111. Kingdom Hearts III

112. Knack II

113. Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai (LRG)

114. The Last of Us: Remastered

115. Layers of Fear (LRG)

116. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

117. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

118. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III

119. Little Nightmares Complete Edition

120. Lone Survivor Director’s Cut (LRG)

121. Magicka 2 (LRG)

122. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

123. Mega Man 11

124. Megadimension Neptunia VII

125. The Messenger (LRG)

126. Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience

127. Metal Max Xeno

128. Metro: Redux

129. Metro: Exodus

130. Middle Earth: Shadow of War: Definitive Edition

131. Mighty No. 9 - Signature Edition

132. Minecraft PS4 Edition

133. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

134. Monster Hunter World

135. Mortal Kombat 11 (Komplete/XL edition)

136. Moss

137. Mothergunship

138. Musynx (LRG)

139. N++ (LRG)

140. Narcosis (LRG)

141. Neurovoider (LRG)

142. New Gundam Breaker

143. Nex Machina (LRG)

144. Neir Automata: Game of the Year Edition

145. Night Trap (LRG)

146. Nights of Azure

147. Nights of Azure 2

148. No Mans Sky

149. The Nonary Games

150. Observer (LRG)

151. Olli Olli Epic Combo Edition

152. Omega Quintet

153. Omen of Sorrow

154. Onechanbara ZII: Chaos

155. Onimusha Warlords

156. Operation Arcade

157. Organ Trail (LRG)

158. Outlast Trinity

159. Override: Mech City Brawl

160. Owlboy

161. Pac Man Championship Edition 2

162. Pang Adventures

163. The Persistence

164. Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight

165. Persona 5 Dacing in Starlight

166. Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive (LRG)

167. Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition

168. The Pinball Arcade

169. Pixel Gear (LRG)

170. Playstation VR Worlds

171. The Princess Guide

172. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

173. Punchline

174. Pure Chess

175. Puyo Puyo Tetris

176. Rabi-Rabi (LRG)

177. Rad Rodgers

178. Radial-G: Racing Revolved

179. Red Dead Redemption II: Game of the Year Edition

180. Resident Evil 2

181. Resident Evil 4

182. Resident Evil 5

183. Resident Evil 6

184. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Gold Edition

185. Resident Evil Revelations

186. Resident Evil Revelations 2

187. RIGS: Mechanized Combat League

188. Rime

189. Risk of Rain (LRG)

190. RIVE (LRG)

191. River City Melee: Battle Royal (LRG)

192. Robinson: The Journey

193. Rocket League

194. Rogue Stormers

195. Ruiner (SRG)

196. Salt and Sactuary

197. Saturday Morning RPG (LRG)

198. School Girl Zombie Hunter

199. Sega Genesis Classics

200. Senko No Ronde 2 (LRG)

201. Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

202. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

203. Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash

204. Shadow Complex Remastered (LRG)

205. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

206. Shadow Warrior 2 (SRG)

207. Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn

208. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment

209. Sherlock Holmes : Th Devils Daughter

210. Shining Resonance Refrain

211. Shovel Night

212. Sky Force Anniversary (LRG)

213. Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

214. Slime Rancher

215. SNK 40th Anniversary Collection

216. SNK Heroines

217. Sonic Forces

218. Sonic Mania Plus

219. South Park: The Stick of Truth

220. South Park: The Fractured But Whole

221. Spelunky (LRG)

222. Star Trek Bridge Crew

223. Stardew Valley

224. Stealth Inc: A Clone in he Dark (LRG)

225. Stern Pinball Arcade

226. Strafe (LRG/SRG)

227. Subnautica

228. Summon Night 6

229. Super Bomberman R

230. Super Hydorah (LRG)

231. Surviving Mars

232. Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

233. Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

234. Sword Art Online: Lost Song

235. Syberia 3

236. Tacoma (LRG)

237. Tales of Berseria

238. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

239. The Talos Principle

240. Sonic Team Racing

241. Terraria: Special Edition

242. Tetris Effect

243. The Sinking City

244. Thimbleweed Park (LRG)

245. Thumper

246. Tiny Troopers Joint Ops: Zombie Edition

247. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter

248. Tokyo Xanadu EX+

248. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

249. Torment: Tides of Numenera

250. Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet

251. Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

252. Toukiden 2

253. Trackmania Turbo

254. Trails Fusion

255. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

256. Under Night In-Birth Exe

257. Undertale

258. Utawarerumuno: Mask of Deception

259. Utawarerumuno: Mask of Truth

260. Valkyria Chronicles 4

261. Valkyria Revolution

262. Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story

263. Vampyr

264. Velocity 2x

265. Watchdogs 2

266. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

267. Wild Guns: Reloaded

268. Windjammers (LRG)

269. Wipeout Omega Collection

270. The Witch and the Hundred Knight

271. The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2

272. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

273. Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Expansion

274. Wolfenstein 2-pack

275. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

276. Wonderboy: The Dragon’s Trap

277. World of Final Fantasy

278. XCOM 2 Collection

279. Xenon Valkyrie+ (LRG)

280. Yakuza 0

281. Yakuza 6

282. Yakuza Kiwami (Steelbook Edition)

283. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Steelbook Edition)

284. Yoku’s Island Express

285. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

286. YS Origin

287. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

288. Zanki Zero: Last Beginning

289. Zero Time Dilemma

290. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS

kashell

« Reply #14796 on: May 27, 2019, 10:31:10 am »
Happy Memorial Day, everyone.

telly

« Reply #14797 on: May 27, 2019, 11:12:45 am »
Happy memorial day to all!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #14798 on: June 04, 2019, 06:32:39 pm »
Dream idea...

Microsoft has become more buddy buddy with Nintendo lately, seeing previously exclusive Xbox/PC games coming to Switch and that Nintendo is working with Microsoft using their cloud stuff.

So at E3, Microsoft announce that Rare Replay will becoming to PC...and Switch.  This brings back games that were originally Nintendo games to Nintendo hardware for the first time in many years and I get to easily play Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, HD, on the Switch.

At the Nintendo conference, they announce Banjo-Kazooie is coming to Smash.  Spiral Mountain level, lots of appearances from different characters, lots of great music, maybe Grunty becomes an assist.

With more of a comfortable relationship between the companies, we see Nintendo decide to dive back into what was originally a Rare classic...Diddy Kong Racing.  We get a brand new sequel, with any of the Rare characters intact.  They could even get someone like Sumo Digital to create the game, since Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed is practically just that.

Rare Replay on Switch.
Banjo-Kazooie in Smash.
Diddy Kong Racing 2.

The biggest of dreams right here lol

kashell

« Reply #14799 on: June 05, 2019, 08:12:43 am »
Dream big, friend.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14800 on: June 27, 2019, 12:59:41 am »

I would consider the Switch to be my multi-platform console of choice this gen, and I've come to realize that a lot of the games on the more indie side of the spectrum usually release on both PS4 and Switch, although sometimes the Switch release comes later and at a slighter higher price point. I still think it's worth it considering the portability of the Switch, but in some cases I have only realized this after buying some of these games for PS4 already.

telly

« Reply #14801 on: July 12, 2019, 11:17:42 am »
I can't decide if I want to play Ys Origin or FFX-2 HD next...
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

soera

« Reply #14802 on: July 13, 2019, 11:11:29 pm »
I can't decide if I want to play Ys Origin or FFX-2 HD Ys VIII next...

FIFY. And the answer is either cause both are great

telly

« Reply #14803 on: July 13, 2019, 11:13:26 pm »
I can't decide if I want to play Ys Origin or FFX-2 HD Ys VIII next...

FIFY. And the answer is either cause both are great

Haha I don't have Ys VIII, it's on my wishlist though xD I did start Ys Origin though if that makes you happy!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #14804 on: July 16, 2019, 05:24:42 am »
Geez seems like every time I think about updating my collection I forget, and before I know it, months pass :). I promise I'll get around to it some day hopefully.