Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517578 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14940 on: January 26, 2020, 09:57:49 am »
I've started going through and adding any of the odds and ends that I have in my collection that I didn't already have listed here.  Opening drawers and counting controllers is starting to get kind of mind-numbing.

But, one thing it has inspired me to do, while sifting through all the entries that we have for hardware, is that at least once a day I'm either submitting an Edit to a listing, or sending up duplicates for clean-up, and I think that's something that could make a huge difference overall - if everyone just made one update a day.  I've found so many dupes, and even started scanning in better art for certain titles - or providing back covers where we didn't yet have them.

Edit to add: Adding my strategy guides got me to exactly 1000 items.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:49:49 pm by Cartagia »

telly

« Reply #14941 on: January 26, 2020, 04:18:20 pm »
You can definitely help me clean up the PS4 NA section! There's so many entries that need fixing  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14942 on: January 26, 2020, 04:40:19 pm »
I've started going through and adding any of the odds and ends that I have in my collection that I didn't already have listed here.  Opening drawers and counting controllers is starting to get kind of mind-numbing.

But, one thing it has inspired me to do, while sifting through all the entries that we have for hardware, is that at least once a day I'm either submitting an Edit to a listing, or sending up duplicates for clean-up, and I think that's something that could make a huge difference overall - if everyone just made one update a day.  I've found so many dupes, and even started scanning in better art for certain titles - or providing back covers where we didn't yet have them.

Edit to add: Adding my strategy guides got me to exactly 1000 items.  ;D

I have my collection set by genre, that is one way how I track my things, I don't have a proper display but I do have the convenience of knowing where mostly everything is put. :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #14943 on: January 27, 2020, 07:23:06 am »
You can definitely help me clean up the PS4 NA section! There's so many entries that need fixing  :o

Then that's where I will start!

One duplicate and about 5 titles submitted this morning.

« Reply #14944 on: January 27, 2020, 08:44:17 am »
Every once in a while I will browse through an entire category and post duplicates and such.

telly

« Reply #14945 on: January 27, 2020, 11:32:47 am »
I'm mostly focused on at bare minimum making sure every entry has the correct title and a good picture of the cover art
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #14946 on: January 27, 2020, 01:42:45 pm »
Inconsistent colons was driving me bonkers and was one of the main drivers behind this spree.

soera

« Reply #14947 on: January 27, 2020, 06:16:03 pm »
good picture of the cover art

This is #1 in my book. Can not stand when I see entries with no art at all. Honestly why even bother?

Also consistency. Every pic in a category should match the rest.

soera

« Reply #14948 on: January 27, 2020, 06:18:20 pm »

Please let me know what needs fixing. There are certain areas I take more interest in (SMS, PS4, Skylanders) and I want to make sure its all done correctly.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14949 on: January 27, 2020, 08:29:36 pm »
Do Amazon returns typically take several weeks? They got my returned package on the 15th and still no refund?

telly

« Reply #14950 on: January 27, 2020, 08:38:11 pm »

Please let me know what needs fixing. There are certain areas I take more interest in (SMS, PS4, Skylanders) and I want to make sure its all done correctly.

Image wise there are all those special limited print run games and special editions in the PS4 section that usually have incomplete data so that's what I've been focusing on most.

Haven't even looked at Vita yet  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #14951 on: January 27, 2020, 08:40:43 pm »
Do Amazon returns typically take several weeks? They got my returned package on the 15th and still no refund?

Is it an actual return to Amazon or a return facilitated by Amazon?

pzeke

« Reply #14952 on: January 27, 2020, 10:05:21 pm »

If it’s an item that was shipped by Amazon, you can chat with customer service and go from there. You should’ve been refunded already; I would’ve contacted them at the latest after the second day of not seeing the refund in my account. They usually will tell you it'll take at least 3 to 5 business days for the refund to appear in your account, but it doesn’t take that long.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Warmsignal

« Reply #14953 on: January 28, 2020, 01:03:46 pm »
I had to call and coax a refund out of them. Some kind of oversight in the refund process, the part of the process where they actually pay me back for returning the item? Good lord. Not a fan.

« Reply #14954 on: January 29, 2020, 11:28:13 am »
Been noticing low to no water pressure in my home, so I called up my home warranty to get them to send someone out.  Paid my service fee.  Never get a call from a contractor about coming, so I have to reach out to them.  They tell me they called and no voicemail was available, told them I answered every local call since putting in the request and my voicemail is set up and receive non local voicemails daily.  Excuses, they schedule me for like a week out.  They finally come and the thing that was thought was bad was bad, but they have to do a bunch of prerequisite work before doing the repair.  Home warranty doesn't cover access costs, modifications for access, and any new work that needs to be done due to local, state, or federal codes... so I get to pay $600 out of pocket (that includes my service fee) to get the work done... and it sounds like they might change their mind and not cover anything because the part they do cover is located outside of the foundation of my home... which I'll fight tooth and nail because the contract definitely says nothing allowing them to decline that.

In general I've been having a shitty time lately.  My car started having check engine light stuff right before PAX South.  Decided to do the repair myself because it sounded easy.  Went to get the code cleared and the code didn't go away.  Tried another repair.  Looked easy.  Was a royal pain in the ass and hurt my arm, not too badly, but it felt like it was bruised but doesn't look bruised.  Went to get the code cleared, waited on purpose so I could get a different person to clear the code this time.  Code went away.  Occurred to me that the person who cleared the code the first time didn't clear the code at all, so the second repair was likely for nothing.

Stray cat appeared outside my house and kept hanging out because my wife was giving it attention.  Adopted the cat and had tons of vet bills.   Can't keep the cat because our cat really doesn't get along with it (like kind of violently doesn't get along).  No clue how we are going to get rid of this cat, but I'm sure it's going to cost me more money.

And before the car/water stuff occurred JJgames started the process of going out of business so I bought a shit ton of PS1/PS2 games.  And I've gotten into collecting PS1 which I really didn't want to start, so I bought a bunch of PS1 games.

Edit: Plus timing has seen us having our annual doctors appointments and new glasses and contacts.  Kid had allergy appointment and bloodwork done.  Dentist appointment which might turn into dental work.

And I can't even do my taxes because there is always something that comes last minute tax wise.

I'm just hemorrhaging money lately.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:33:56 am by ignition365 »