Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517369 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15015 on: February 04, 2020, 01:39:27 pm »
Five G's please.

"Good God girl getta grip."

I know!  ignition’s DM sounds like a nightmare.

kashell

« Reply #15016 on: February 04, 2020, 01:40:58 pm »
Five G's please.

It never made sense to me why a DM would go out of their way to make a game, y'know - that thing that's supposed to be fun, as unpleasant as possible for the rest of the players.

« Reply #15017 on: February 04, 2020, 02:14:46 pm »
Five G's please.

It never made sense to me why a DM would go out of their way to make a game, y'know - that thing that's supposed to be fun, as unpleasant as possible for the rest of the players.
if it's any reference point, this guy is the type of person who does co-op in Souls games with the intent of getting the summoner killed.

desocietas

« Reply #15018 on: February 04, 2020, 02:16:49 pm »
Five G's please.

if it's any reference point, this guy is the type of person who does co-op in Souls games with the intent of getting the summoner killed.

Ah, a sadist. I ... would not like to have a sadist as a DM, nosirree.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #15019 on: February 04, 2020, 02:21:58 pm »
Five G's please.

Ah, a sadist. I ... would not like to have a sadist as a DM, nosirree.
every game is filled with laughter and contempt.  Certainly ends with me feeling like I dont want to play again.

I had a back story thrown together with some stuff to build towards and i wasnt explicit enough so he started twisting my back story to make it harder for me, so i had to retweak my characters story and stuff to supercede him.  First thing he did in our first session was try to get my character to get angry and cause some event to happen that i designed to not occur until way down the road, luckily my character had a trait that i could immediately call bs on his shenanigans because my character never loses her cool.  He lives to cause havoc and it's no good.  I would love to just play with a good group and dm, but no one i know is willing to dm, so im learning so at least someone can have a good time.

desocietas

« Reply #15020 on: February 04, 2020, 02:30:46 pm »
I would love to just play with a good group and dm, but no one i know is willing to dm, so im learning so at least someone can have a good time.

Are there particular resources you're using to learn how to dm? I recently backed this Kickstarter 'cause the minis are so cute, but it makes me want to learn how to DM so they can actually be used.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #15021 on: February 04, 2020, 02:44:40 pm »
I would love to just play with a good group and dm, but no one i know is willing to dm, so im learning so at least someone can have a good time.

Are there particular resources you're using to learn how to dm? I recently backed this Kickstarter 'cause the minis are so cute, but it makes me want to learn how to DM so they can actually be used.
watching a lot of youtube videos about tips to dming, watching random streams of various dnd games (critrole, hyperrpg, upupdowndown, etc), and the dnd guidebook

Lots of dms do things differently, and there are so many campaign books that make everything pretty easy.  Our dm was using the starter kit that comes with a tiny campaign demo thing.

desocietas

« Reply #15022 on: February 04, 2020, 02:52:23 pm »

watching a lot of youtube videos about tips to dming, watching random streams of various dnd games (critrole, hyperrpg, upupdowndown, etc), and the dnd guidebook

Lots of dms do things differently, and there are so many campaign books that make everything pretty easy.  Our dm was using the starter kit that comes with a tiny campaign demo thing.

Ah, cool, I have that starter kit. But the videos are a good idea :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

pzeke

« Reply #15023 on: February 04, 2020, 03:00:04 pm »
If seether posted half the stuff he creates brand new posts for here, there would be far fewer issues with his content.

Highly doubt it; please, don’t be a hypocrite.

As for the “censoring” in the other thread:  I had posts deleted, too.  No messages, no warnings.  Am I curious about it?  Sure.  All I did was explain the definition of two things and get summarily dismissed.  But I’m also not the one that was calling another user a “baby”.  So I don’t care if they stay or go.

If me calling the individual in question a “baby” as a throwaway comment for the way he replied and dismissed everybody else was enough to cause the situation, then good grief...

Five G's please.

Believe me, I’ve got a very firm grip.

pzeke, I don't know if I've interacted with you much, but I see and hear you. I don't know the situation, I'm afraid, but what's done is apparently done, and with as much hostility and negativity already on the internet and IRL, can we just move on? The rules are just recently posted, and prior to that, mods had to make decisions from what they could see. We're hoping that with rules now available for all to see, some consistency can now be found moving forward.

No, I don’t believe we have interacted at all, but you seem like a swell lady. I genuinely appreciate your post and get what you’re saying, but what’s wrong is wrong, doesn’t matter what color it is. I’ve been an administrator in various other forums/websites throughout my time on the Internet, so that’s why I’m taking issue with this, not to mention I despise favoritism with utmost disdain. I concede that in the grand scheme of things this is a trivial matter; far worse things are happening right now in the outside world. But nevertheless, if we’re to set a place where we share and are among our peers, a common sense of decorum is expected from everyone, we all should be treated equally and with respect, and those that are at the helm should lead by example.

I feel like I’m talking to a wall, anyway, so I’ll leave you all with your board game conversation. I have said my piece, but that doesn’t mean I’m holding my peace.

Once again, appreciate your post, desocietas.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #15024 on: February 04, 2020, 03:26:53 pm »
Thanks pzeke.

I’ve taken my bruises, both deserved and undeserved, from other users and that doesn’t phase me at all. Believe me I’ve taken it for months and taken it virtually every time I’ve posted. But that’s not what gets me.

The ban I got was completely whack.

Whether or not it was warranted aside, I was told it was of a certain duration and what was actually enforced against me was considerably longer, a matter I wrote out in my signature during the ban period.

Frankly it was just unprofessionally handled.

kashell

« Reply #15025 on: February 04, 2020, 03:59:06 pm »

I DM'd for a spell. It was fun, but I didn't know too much about the ins and outs of the game. I was just more excited to do some home brew and make up a story for others to play.

« Reply #15026 on: February 06, 2020, 09:59:44 am »
You can definitely help me clean up the PS4 NA section! There's so many entries that need fixing  :o

Then that's where I will start!

One duplicate and about 5 titles submitted this morning.

Finished with NA PS4 this morning.  Standardized a ton of names to the correct format.  Probably a dozen or so dupes.

telly

« Reply #15027 on: February 06, 2020, 11:00:57 am »
Oh yay!

I've been working really hard on images. I'm not sure how many still need to be fixed :-X
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #15028 on: February 06, 2020, 11:35:16 am »
Finished with NA PS4 this morning.  Standardized a ton of names to the correct format.  Probably a dozen or so dupes.

Nice. Get them dupes outta there!!  :P

Oh yay!

I've been working really hard on images. I'm not sure how many still need to be fixed :-X

Tons I imagine.  :( Are you trying to make them all "flat" or just without watermarks? I was messing with Children of Zodiarcs and noticed it has a slanted/side pic (at least there's no watermark).

telly

« Reply #15029 on: February 06, 2020, 12:43:33 pm »
I'm trying to do both flat and without watermarks.  :'(
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery